Work travel gripe thread | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Work travel gripe thread

Redeyes from LAX require lots of extra time on Thursday nights. So many people here. Good thing I board in 3 hours.

Just got through JFK check in. It's an early morning flight, so I get that they don't have all the TSA precheck stuff set up. But I haven't encountered before what I'll now dub the halfway precheck, where you're in the same line as everybody, but they don't make you take your shoes off, and they say to tell the guy you're TSA precheck and show him your boarding pass, but it's confusing because it's really early in the morning and you're not fully awake and you think you're supposed to stash all electronics and not hang on to your phone, so you put your phone in your carry on, and then you get to the thing and realize you don't have your boarding pass (cuz it's on your phone, see), so you tell the guy and he makes a big deal out of it and starts on a little rant about how he can't just trust me and somebody could have passed me something and get your shoes off and go back through, so I do, only to find the guy waiting for me once I go through the hands on head scanner because he wants to check out all my bags.

Thank goodness these procedures keep us safe, otherwise I'd be a bit more frustrated and annoyed than I am right now at 5:40 in the morning.

Heading to Vegas tomorrow for an idiotic meeting and decided to drive. Staying at aria. Detest Vegas. Only decent thing is to write off a couple decent meals.
At least I got cheap tix to nine inch nails tomorrow night.

Heading to Vegas tomorrow for an idiotic meeting and decided to drive. Staying at aria. Detest Vegas. Only decent thing is to write off a couple decent meals.
At least I got cheap tix to nine inch nails tomorrow night.
My buddy swore by the Aria buffet. It wasn't bad, but what was weird was they have all these different regional stations, but... it all tasted the same.

It was a good same, I just didn't expect that.

My buddy swore by the Aria buffet. It wasn't bad, but what was weird was they have all these different regional stations, but... it all tasted the same.

It was a good same, I just didn't expect that.

For a buffet-ish experience, the Wicked Spoon is right next door and has a slightly better take on that type of food.

Didn’t get a chance to hit any buffets but did manage to win $265 on betting Cornell parlayed with the under
My Tyson fury bet pushed but man that hotel is nice.
NIN was tits as well

Didn’t get a chance to hit any buffets but did manage to win $265 on betting Cornell parlayed with the under
My Tyson fury bet pushed but man that hotel is nice.
NIN was tits as well

Not sure you're getting the whole gripes portion of this thread...

Glad to hear Trent is still killing it out there.

Not sure you're getting the whole gripes portion of this thread...

Glad to hear Trent is still killing it out there.
Ya haha I guess it wasn’t as bad as expected
Trents voice was amazing. Really awesome show, they played for around 90 minutes. Closed with hurt, was unbelievable
I saw them maybe 5 years ago and thought this set and performance was much much better

Okay so if any of you guys visit SoCal for work or any other reason... pleaaaase grab lunch at “crack shack” there are a few now, main one in San Diego, others near LAX, OC, Pasadena. Amazing fried chicken
Just ridiculous

Okay so if any of you guys visit SoCal for work or any other reason... pleaaaase grab lunch at “crack shack” there are a few now, main one in San Diego, others near LAX, OC, Pasadena. Amazing fried chicken
Just ridiculous

Be there the first week of January. I'll give the one near LAX a try. Also may be there the 3rd week of January. FML

Why does United insist on either 40 minute layovers at Dulles, or 3.5 hour ones? Of course we missed our connection today. Okay, I totally expected it and no harm, no foul.

And now I've got the fat bastard in the room next to me sawing wood loud enough to wake the dead. Oh, the glamour of work travel...

I flew JetBlue for the first time in five years up to Boston at 5:30 on Friday morning I think I was on their inaugural plane seats falling apart still have that tiny TV screen I was unimpressed to say the least i used to love that airline when I lived in Boston. as a sidenote for a 5:30 AM flight they left all the lights on and I swear flight attendant asked me six times if I wanted a snack. Nice idea but way too early for that.

I flew JetBlue for the first time in five years up to Boston at 5:30 on Friday morning I think I was on their inaugural plane seats falling apart still have that tiny TV screen I was unimpressed to say the least i used to love that airline when I lived in Boston. as a sidenote for a 5:30 AM flight they left all the lights on and I swear flight attendant asked me six times if I wanted a snack. Nice idea but way too early for that.

That drives me nuts, the lights and the horrific sound of an aluminum drink can being opened in a confined space. There ought to be some way to eliminate those two things for flights when it's dark outside.

Hung out in Logan airport for the first time ever the other day. Had to go outside if security to get to my terminal, walked like 7 minutes, then back through security to get into it. Immediately found out the only bar in that terminal is the size of a walk in closet, literally 4 seats. Had to go back out of security, walk another 7 minutes, back through security, 10 minutes down that terminal I found a decent bar... What Boston, if it wasn't for precheck I might of sobered up.

Is anyone using air travel for work currently? Curious how TSA is. I was traveling for the holidays and didn’t notice a difference, per se, but was curious if the shutdown has legit affected anyone.

I have to go to boston Tues-Thurs this week. Staying at AC Marriott in Chestnut Hill

Random that Cuse is @ BC on wed night. :noidea:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom