World Baseball Classic (WBC) | Syracusefan.com

World Baseball Classic (WBC)

donniesyracuse

Hall of Fame
Is anybody else looking forward to it as much as me? I would rather watch a WBC game between Israel and South Korea over any spring training game. I don't care much about the performance of Team USA. Many of my favorite player play for other nations. I just like meaningful international competition. Fans in the US seem indifferent to the WBC, but I think the rest of the world cares a great deal. I remember hearing that they closed schools in Japan and South Korea during the 2009 finals so fans could watch.

Pool C is a doozy.

USA doesn't have it's A team which hurts this event. If baseball wanted a real WBC do it in the middle of season and shut the season down for 2 weeks.

USA best lineup
C-Posey
1b- Rizzo
2b- Murphy
SS- Seager
3b-Bryant
OF- Trout, Harper, Betts
P- Kershaw, Bumgarner, Kluber, Sale
RP- Miller, Kimbrel, Britton,

Very interested to see how Stroman does. He is a dark-horse cy young candidate this year. JA Happ was a 20+ game winner as well.

I'm about as interested in the WBC as I am in soccer. I'll just let you assume how much that is.

USA doesn't have it's A team which hurts this event. If baseball wanted a real WBC do it in the middle of season and shut the season down for 2 weeks.

USA best lineup
C-Posey
1b- Rizzo
2b- Murphy
SS- Seager
3b-Bryant
OF- Trout, Harper, Betts
P- Kershaw, Bumgarner, Kluber, Sale
RP- Miller, Kimbrel, Britton,

I don't think there is a great time to do it, I love baseball, but I won't be watching a minute of it, I just pray no Mets get hurt.

I'm going to be in San Diego next week, and was hoping to catch a game. As of now it's not looking good

There have been a few interesting games and a few duds. I do love early morning baseball.

It was nice to see Didi Gregorius go 3-4 with 3 RBI as the DH for Netherlands today.

I plan to watch all the Team USA games, and likely the PR and DR ones as well.

I think its cool, not sure what all the hand wringing is about (pun intended, Texeira lost 2 years here).

imo, injuries just happen. not sure that not playing would help any more than playing hurts.

now if someone Pete Rose to Ray Fosse's someone...that's different.

The Classic's a good chance/snapshot to check out the best and youngest talent in the World. Baseball and Soccer seem to be the two major sports now where the impoverished have a real shot at a ticket out on the world stage.

There have been a few interesting games and a few duds. I do love early morning baseball.

It was nice to see Didi Gregorius go 3-4 with 3 RBI as the DH for Netherlands today.

Didi is Dutch? lol Who knew?

Didi is Dutch? lol Who knew?
Curaçao and Aruba are Dutch colonies. The Netherlands team is made up from players from those 2 islands.

Netherlands has a deep infield.
Andreltons Simmons, Jonathan Schoop, Didi Gregorius, Xander Bogaerts, Jurickson Profar.

They are deep. They also have a closer in Kenley Jansen.

Curaçao and Aruba are Dutch colonies. The Netherlands team is made up from players from those 2 islands.

Netherlands has a deep infield.
Andreltons Simmons, Jonathan Schoop, Didi Gregorius, Xander Bogaerts, Jurickson Profar.

They are deep. They also have a closer in Kenley Jansen.

For some reason I thought he was from the DR, some of these teams are absurd, guys like Ty Kelly are playing for Israel. Mike Piazza played for Italy one year.

For some reason I thought he was from the DR, some of these teams are absurd, guys like Ty Kelly are playing for Israel. Mike Piazza played for Italy one year.
guess you never looked at his cleats...theyre wood.

The lineup the Dominican team is running out there is insane

The lineup the Dominican team is running out there is insane
Too bad the USA can't roll out
Seager-SS
Trout-CF
Rizzo-1B
Bryant-3B
Harper-RF
Betts-LF
Murphy-2b
Areando-DH
Posey-C

Seager-SS
Trout-CF
Rizzo-1B
Bryant-3B
Harper-RF
Betts-LF
Murphy-2b
Areando-DH
Posey-C

I'll be that guy; Arenado would have to play third over Bryant. I would love a way to fit Goldschmidt in there, but yeah, that team would be loaded. And imagine the pitching staff!

I'll be that guy; Arenado would have to play third over Bryant. I would love a way to fit Goldschmidt in there, but yeah, that team would be loaded. And imagine the pitching staff!
You take Goldschmidt over Rizzo?
I do agree with your DH Bryant over Arenado as he is a better defensive player.

Pitching would be Kershaw, Syndergaard, Bumgarner, Sale, Kluber.
IMO the USA bullpen this year is loaded all they are missing are Britton and Kimbrel.

You take Goldschmidt over Rizzo?
I do agree with your DH Bryant over Arenado as he is a better defensive player.

Pitching would be Kershaw, Syndergaard, Bumgarner, Sale, Kluber.
IMO the USA bullpen this year is loaded all they are missing are Britton and Kimbrel.

Scherzer needs to be in there too. (He can take Thor's spot so he doesn't get hurt. I know Max is hurt right now but we're talking in general)

I think Goldy is probably a better player than Rizzo. Maybe. They're both awesome.

Seager-SS
Trout-CF
Rizzo-1B
Bryant-3B
Harper-RF
Betts-LF
Murphy-2b
Areando-DH
Posey-C

Those guys are smart enough to realize its not worth getting hurt over.

USA getting no hit by Carlos Quintana.
Givens gives up the lead 2-0 Columbia in the 5th.

Drew Butera just destroyed his KC teammate Sal Perez in this Italy-Venezuela game.
Butera is the KC backup C.

That guy is getting killed on Twitter from Royals fans.

The games have been pretty entertaining, those who are there are clearly there on their own free will and are playing to win.

Would be awesome to see Team USA win it!!