World Lacrosse Sixes: July 8-12 | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

World Lacrosse Sixes: July 8-12

I didn’t follow any of this maybe last year but but enough to know anything of the roster and the rules.
But it seems like we should’ve blown these teams out more.
Couldn’t we have fielded a better team? I know it’s in the middle of the PLL season but damn. Seems like these games could’ve been way different with the “topper” talent of the PLL.

And question are there long sticks here or all shorties like box?

Unlike the rest of the world I believe USA has two different teams for the nationals. Women do the same thing you’ll notice that the girls from the world championship are not on the Sixes team.. And no there are no long poles, all short
But I do agree with you thinking that we could’ve put a better team out there..

Unlike the rest of the world I believe USA has two different teams for the nationals. Women do the same thing you’ll notice that the girls from the world championship are not on the Sixes team.. And no there are no long poles, all short
But I do agree with you thinking that we could’ve put a better team out there..
I also agree. Canada looks like they have their best players for this particular event - quick ball movement and elite box skills. They also seem to be playing very well defensively limiting quality shots.

US looks a bit sluggish and less comfortable with short possessions.

Horribly embarrassing loss for the US. Great display by Canada but you have to wonder what Shay was doing.
Definitely could have put a better product out there.. he even had two of his players from Yale on the team… not saying they aren’t good but there was a whole pool of players to choose from .. didn’t make sense

doesn't matter who Shay put out there, the US was always going to get spanked. Sixes is basically just box lacrosse played on grass, with an even bigger net. for these Canadian players it's like shooting into an ocean with twice as much room to get their hands free. they are unstoppable in this format

No Cuse, Section III or V guys on Team USA?!?!?!

No wonder Canada pounded them.

Would've liked to watch some of the games before passing judgment on the format.

Hopefully Team USA has a better showing next time they play Canada in this format.

I think a tweet from Curtis Dickson probably sums it up the best:

"So sixes is essentially just box lacrosse with a bigger net and smaller goalie? Never would have guessed this outcome."

Feel like the USA guys could make a similar argument with there being no long poles. If USA won like that you could easily see a player tweeting "so we all get the short stick?? Never would have guessed that outcome." Pretty embarassing to only put up 9. Both Japan and GB put up a little more. Didn't watch anything besides random twitter highlights but I think having Adam freaking Ghitelman play with a short stick for any amount of time is asking to lose by a lot.

That was a disaster ..forget the box aspect of it all (which is all true)...the US could not penetrate the perimeter against short sticks.,,yes.. Canada is drawing their D play from the same experience, but it is field lacrosse and this is not foreign territory to the US players ...at least half of the goals were from the outside..US got absolutely thrashed when trying to dodge ...That was the most concerning part to me ...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom