World Wide Wes joining Knicks | Syracusefan.com

World Wide Wes joining Knicks

Does WWW know that there’s a salary cap in the NBA? It’ll be interesting to see him operate under financial constraints
But, isn't it just as easy to cheat a salary cap as a no-money rule?

Huge Get. World Wide Wes will get big time free agents to sign.
It will be very interesting watch WWW operate within the confines of the NBA instead of independently as he always has. Now as long as Leon can keep the owner invisible...

But, isn't it just as easy to cheat a salary cap as a no-money rule?

Not quite as easy. You still need the salary cap room which isn't always that easy to create.

If the Knicks don't have the cap room, and instead sign a star to an MLE deal (with millions paid on the side) the NBA would easily sniff it out and be all over it. Now if they the cap room to sign a max player, then sign that player to a max, it is easier to then pay them extra benefits beyond the max.

In the NBA manipulating contracts to contravene the Salary Cap has very serious consequences if caught -- for example Minnesota lost 5 first round draft picks back in the late 90's / early 00's relating to Joe Smith. Executives can also be banished from the league like MLB has done.

Why not a top assistant from a top college program to a bottom feeder NBA team in the same role makes sense and I think UK has the most active players in the league. He was there when they were all in college.

Calipari getting another shot would be the shocker. Not that he’d take it unless it was maybe the Lakers or some team with a superstar.

Why not a top assistant from a top college program to a bottom feeder NBA team in the same role makes sense and I think UK has the most active players in the league. He was there when they were all in college.

Calipari getting another shot would be the shocker. Not that he’d take it unless it was maybe the Lakers or some team with a superstar.
Is this a general statement or about WWW in particular? WWW was never a coach in any capacity under Calipari

Huge Get. World Wide Wes will get big time free agents to sign.
Hmm I've been hearing for years how the Knicks will be getting all these big time free agents and no one goes there. You know what attracts free agents? Winning. No one is signing with the Knicks because www is an advisor.

Last edited:
Hmm I've been hearing for years how the Knicks will be getting all these big time free agents and no one goes there. You know what attracts free agents? Winning. No one is signing with the Knicks because www is an advisor.

Never had someone like Worrld Wide Wes.

Never had someone like Worrld Wide Wes.
Is he God? He might have had some kind of an affect on college kids this is the pros. As long as Dolan is the owner and the Knicks are losing no big free agents are going there.

Is he God? He might have had some kind of an affect on college kids this is the pros. As long as Dolan is the owner and the Knicks are losing no big free agents are going there.
He still has pull don’t sleep and who bounces a ball at high level know this

He still has pull don’t sleep and who bounces a ball at high level know this
That's interesting. It seems like two things would lure players. The opportunity to win and the opportunity to enhance off the court opportunities. Does WWW provide the second? This guy seems to have forged an amazing career without having actually done anything.

You literally have no idea how influential & connected World Wide Wes is, at the PRO level & beyond, do you?

You literally have no idea how influential & connected World Wide Wes is, at the PRO level & beyond, do you?
Who's coming to the Knicks because www is an advisor there?

Who's coming to the Knicks because www is an advisor there?
Watch his clip from ESPN's First Take from today, they go into great detail about the influence/connections World Wide Wes has. Tell me what you think after watching it (specifically, listen to what Jay Williams says at the end of the clip)

Last edited:
Watch his clip from ESPN's First Take from today, they go into great detail about the influence/connections World Wide Wes has. Tell me what you think after watching it (specifically, listen to what Jay Williams says at the end of the clip)

That's great and I'm a Knick fan. I've seen the clip. It doesn't change the fact the Knicks have won one playoff series in 20 years and Dolan owns the teams. Big time players don't want to play for Dolan. Did you see what Durant had to say about the Knicks?

Can under the table payments work to rebuild the Knicks?

That's interesting. It seems like two things would lure players. The opportunity to win and the opportunity to enhance off the court opportunities. Does WWW provide the second? This guy seems to have forged an amazing career without having actually done anything.
That’s the point . The moves behind the scenes and has influence. This a power play from Wes and it will be good for my knicks. Look at Troy and his moves

That’s the point . The moves behind the scenes and has influence. This a power play from Wes and it will be good for my knicks. Look at Troy and his moves
It's weird that he was able to develop influence without having actually done anything in thw sport.

Influence in the NBA isn't the same as it is in college. Durant or the Greek Freak isn't coming to the Knicks because www is there.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom