Worst Case Scenario | Syracusefan.com

Worst Case Scenario

Status
Not open for further replies.

kmart128

All Conference
I know it doesn't seem like it but what happens if Dino Babers leaves Syracuse? It's worth a a look just in case. I know no one is expecting it but Marrone leaving came out of no where as well. So who do we look to. I'd really like to keep this offense in place but after Sean Lewis leaving I don't see anybody on the coaching staff that is worthy to be HC for an ACC team. Do we promote within and hope it doesn't turn into a Shafer situation? Do we bring back Sean Lewis even though he is struggling at Kent State? Or do we go a different route and hire someone from the outside and revamp everything that we worked so hard to build?

He’s not leaving
Building traditions
Almost coming to tears because the fans came out in mass
He will never say it publicly but I think he is here for the long hall and loving it

I would obviously love for this to be correct, but I’ll never fault anyone for taking a huge raise and advancing in their profession.

He’s not leaving
Building traditions
He will never say it publicly but I think he is here for the long hall and loving it

Yes he almost came to tears... But what if the emotion was because he was thinking of leaving this community and he realized it's gonna suck when the time comes.

I know Dino is saying all the right things. But we also though Marrone bleed Orange and was going to stay at his Alma Mater for the long haul. If we couldn't get a Syracuse grad to stay... Who is to say we can get Dino to stay with zero connection to this program before he became Head Coach.

But this thread isn't about if he leaving or not rather than what do we do IF he does

I would obviously love for this to be correct, but I’ll never fault anyone for taking a huge raise and advancing in their profession.
Sure I would never fault him for it but I’m beleiving he is staying unless he gets a crazy offer from a top 10 program.

Yes he almost came to tears... But what if the emotion was because he was thinking of leaving this community and he realized it's gonna suck when the time comes.

I know Dino is saying all the right things. But we also though Marrone bleed Orange and was going to stay at his Alma Mater for the long haul. If we couldn't get a Syracuse grad to stay... Who is to say we can get Dino to stay with zero connection to this program before he became Head Coach.

But this thread isn't about if he leaving or not rather than what do we do IF he does
“If” he leaves he takes his staff as per usually so promoting from within us out
I loved Sean Lewis when he was here but he is proved nothing as a head coach
We would need to look at a coach with ties to the Baylor offense that can handle a P5 program that is now national ranked, which I’m not sure of any of the candidates at this time

He’s not leaving
Building traditions
And he would be foolish to say that right now considering the team is ranked and having an 8-2 season. All that is fodder for contract negotiations.

Watching Dino get so emotional when discussing the crowd last night and how special the dome is it’s my opinion he is here for the long haul.

Dino knows he can compete for an ACC championship here especially when his offensive scheme starts firing on all cylinders next year with Devito, Adams, and Jackson. Also Syracuse is the only college in the country where Dino can play 6 or 7 games in perfect conditions.

I honestly believe we will hear from Wildhack after the season announcing that he has the ACC television money to give Dino and his staff a nice pay raise/contract extension.

I know it doesn't seem like it but what happens if Dino Babers leaves Syracuse? It's worth a a look just in case. I know no one is expecting it but Marrone leaving came out of no where as well. So who do we look to. I'd really like to keep this offense in place but after Sean Lewis leaving I don't see anybody on the coaching staff that is worthy to be HC for an ACC team. Do we promote within and hope it doesn't turn into a Shafer situation? Do we bring back Sean Lewis even though he is struggling at Kent State? Or do we go a different route and hire someone from the outside and revamp everything that we worked so hard to build?
Wrong. The worst case scenario is that I wake up, and I’m actually a UConn fan (or Maryland, or Rutgers).

not the time or place to worry

Marrone was leaving after this 2nd season. He had offers from other colleges, but ultimately wanted to get back to the NFL level. I know most don't want to hear this, but Marrone is very well-respected in the NFL. He turned around a horrendous program as an alumnus, won some bowl games, then left.

Dino is gone unfortunately. The lack of recruiting should tell us he’s decided to leave.

Marrone was leaving after this 2nd season. He had offers from other colleges, but ultimately wanted to get back to the NFL level. I know most don't want to hear this, but Marrone is very well-respected in the NFL. He turned around a horrendous program as an alumnus, won some bowl games, then left.

IMO if Wildhack had been the AD Marrone would have stayed another couple years at least The non direct football work expectations are much different and they have a very good relationship

Your opinion has been noted. Still, maybe he's still recruiting a little bit?

I can’t imagine it’s that hard to throw the #1 recruit in their cycle an offer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors