Worst series | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Worst series

i despise The Office (The american version..never saw UK). If i have to sit through anything steve carrell stars in ever again i might shoot myself.
the UK version was brilliant television . . . the US version isn't even in the same category

I can agree with two and a half men being horrible, and I'm not a fan of laugh tracks. Big Bang Theory? Hoe I Met Your Mother? Awesome shows!

I didn't like Big Bang Theory the first few times I stumbled upon the show. A few days laid up in bed with little else to watch, and I was hooked. But I am not to sure how much further they can go.

Whichever CSI show that has the guy that always wears the sunglasses and overacts WAY TO MUCH!!

Obviously! Did this really need to be said on a message board designed for people to express opinions about subjective matters?

No not at all. it was late and i was tired.

Another show i disliked was Grey's Anatomy.

God that show pisses me off...the way he talks is so stupid!!!!!

f44.jpg

I love Arrested Development, but it's not the be-all and end-all of TV comedy. For that, you go to the Larry Sanders Show.

and also, fwiw, standard network comedies can still be good. anyone who is married with kids knows that Everybody Loves Raymond had many moments brilliant/brutal/truthful hilarity
I freaking hate Raymond. I like Ray Romano a lot (he was great on Men of a Certain Age and is doing good work on Parenthood), but I hate everyone else on that show. I don't even like Peter Boyle in the show, which should be blasphemy since he's Peter effin' Boyle.

But every scene with Marie and Debra is brutal. I want to punch everything in the room if I have to watch those two.

Also - I cannot stand Big Bang Theory. I think Jim Parsons is funny and Kaley Cuoco has surprisingly good comedic timing, but the fringe characters (Howard and Raj, especially) are such blatantly over the top characterizations it makes it horrible to watch.

CBS comedies in general seem to rely on "lowest common denominator" comedy. And they all have laugh tracks. Some shows have succeeded with laugh tracks, of course, but in this day and age if you're still using a laugh track you're doing it wrong.

I didn't like Big Bang Theory the first few times I stumbled upon the show. A few days laid up in bed with little else to watch, and I was hooked. But I am not to sure how much further they can go.

Not much further but there are some really funny moments in Big Bang.

I think "Two and a Half Men," "Big Bang Theory," and "How I Met Your Mother" are horrible. Laugh tracks and studio audiences need to go away forever.

Never seen "Two and a Half Men," and I didn't like "Big Bang Theory" but I only watched two episodes so I won't judge it too harshly.

"How I Met Your Mother" is horrendous. Seriously bad.

"Mad Men" is a terrible show as well, visually stunning, just awful otherwise.

Never seen "Two and a Half Men," and I didn't like "Big Bang Theory" but I only watched two episodes so I won't judge it too harshly.

"How I Met Your Mother" is horrendous. Seriously bad.

"Mad Men" is a terrible show as well, visually stunning, just awful otherwise.

Oh man. Oh man

Anything Disney makes for Tweens. I have to suffer through these on a daily basis. Bad jokes. Fabricated music stars. It is probably more painful than listening to David Caruso read Dickens or Shakespeare. I'll take his one liners any day over these ceaseless 30 minute torture sessions.

The comment previously about Hill Street Blues reminded me of perhaps the worst series ever - Cop Rock. What was Bochco thinking?
If my memory is correct many might have disagreed considering its ratings.

If my memory is correct many might have disagreed considering its ratings.

I could be wrong, but i remember the ratings being terrible. That being the reason it was pulled mid season.

No not at all. it was late and i was tired.

Another show i disliked was Grey's Anatomy.

I liked Grey's Anatomy for a season or two, but lost interest when it was on hiatus.

Too many of the hospital drama series' become far too dramatic. I understand the need for shows to have a subplot (not sure if that's the right term) that runs for weeks, or an entire season. But too often the "subplot" becomes the show. House is the perfect example.

The only hospital show I can think of that kept my attention to the end was ER, and maybe St. Elsewhere.

I liked Grey's Anatomy for a season or two, but lost interest when it was on hiatus.

Too many of the hospital drama series' become far too dramatic. I understand the need for shows to have a subplot (not sure if that's the right term) that runs for weeks, or an entire season. But too often the "subplot" becomes the show. House is the perfect example.

The only hospital show I can think of that kept my attention to the end was ER, and maybe St. Elsewhere.
ER and St. Elsewhere, definitely. I also liked Chicago Hope. For whatever reason, I hated Grey's Anatomy from day 1.

Wife now likes Chicago Fire (I hate it).

ER and St. Elsewhere, definitely. I also liked Chicago Hope. For whatever reason, I hated Grey's Anatomy from day 1.

Wife now likes Chicago Fire (I hate it).

Chicago Hope was vastly underrated, IMHO. I got into that while others got into ER.

i despise The Office (The american version..never saw UK). If i have to sit through anything steve carrell stars in ever again i might shoot myself.

American TV has stolen from the UK for decades, and very few ever turn out to be as successful as their Brit cousins. Two that were absolute gems were All In The Family, which was modeled after a Brit show, and Three's Company, which was based on the Brit show Man About The House. I know there have been others, but those are the two famous one's I know. Man I miss John Ritter. That man was comedic gold. He had "it".

And what would this thread be without mentioning "After MASH"? Ugh. Simply brutal. Or, how about Galatica 1980? Another bad idea that destroyed my memories of the true Battlestar Galactica.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom