Worst statistical loss in SU hoops in how long? | Syracusefan.com

Worst statistical loss in SU hoops in how long?

AJDavCuse

Walk On
Serious question

Points from ESPN
- BC had 5 D1 wins coming in. One of those was to Sacred Heart.
- Statistically most similar to 16 beating 1 seed.
- Only the 3rd time in history of AP poll a #1 lost to team with less than .400 win percentage this late in season

Forget about the emotions involved in other games (being season ending, etc). Is this the worst statistical loss in decades or ever?

Lemoyne in preseason 2009 was the craziest perhaps. Cleveland State was probably the worst we have had lately other than this one.

Lemoyne happened but doesn't count in my book. We played guys in a scrimmage - if only early and few minutes due to closeness of game - that wouldn't play in a real game. A bad loss, but JB wouldn't have played many of the guys that played that night if it counted.

Lemoyne happened but doesn't count in my book. We played guys in a scrimmage - if only early and few minutes due to closeness of game - that wouldn't play in a real game. A bad loss, but JB wouldn't have played many of the guys that played that night if it counted.
I agree AJ but in terms of losses you could not have predicted, I'm not sure anything will ever top that. Particularly how good that SU team turned out to be.