Would it be worth carrying Danny Schayes as a "spaz" on all time team | Syracusefan.com

Would it be worth carrying Danny Schayes as a "spaz" on all time team

Eric

Walk On
I like an 18 man roster for an all time team that would be for real. I just started considering Schayes as the spaz as my 18th man over Darry Watkins. Only thing is I like the more modern players.

Schayes was better than that. Go back and watch the 1981 Season.

No I agree. He was an excellent player and even had a really good NBA career. Im not suggesting that he has no skills. I would consider him as a regular center as well. I just like more modern players on my all time team. I was largely joking around with the post. But 1 % of me would be a comedian and take him as the 18th man and coach him up just to be that thorn in the other teams side. A spaz that will try and throw them off there game like Rodman, and also get some rebounds etc.

Just want to officially apologize to Danny Schayes and family about my sense of humor. He is a valued SU alumni. I was just in a silly mood. Although it could be an interesting way to use a roster spot on the all time team (but only while we wait for Dajuan, and Fab and Baye or some of those to take the spots we would need upfront on the all time team, bc FOR SURE we could not even Afford to use a Schayes spaz spot in the near future 3 or 4 years from now)

by the way my current all time SU Centers for a team I would compete with today are:

Rony Seikaly, Etan Thomas, Craig Forth, maybe darryl watkins practice squad. BUT my rotation would probably have Derrick Coleman playing some backup center right now (and starting PF) since our al time PF are stronger.

Looking forward to the new crop possibly bumping some of those names off.

by the way my current all time SU Centers for a team I would compete with today are:

Rony Seikaly, Etan Thomas, Craig Forth, maybe darryl watkins practice squad. BUT my rotation would probably have Derrick Coleman playing some backup center right now (and starting PF) since our al time PF are stronger.

Looking forward to the new crop possibly bumping some of those names off.
Hard to leave Rosie off that team...

oh yeah i would never ever fault someone for having rosie bouie on their teams. i would practically mandate it for other generations. im just not going to put him out there on my team. needless to say, rosie, you are the man and one of the guys that truly paved the way.

oh yeah i would never ever fault someone for having rosie bouie on their teams. i would practically mandate it for other generations. im just not going to put him out there on my team. needless to say, rosie, you are the man and one of the guys that truly paved the way.
So, you'd rather have Forth and Watkins over Bouie? Not sure I get that, but to each his own.

yes. its a close call though. since we are talking about 3rd and 4th string i like Forths passing skills and ability to be a backup and high character guy on my team. also like the championship ring. 4th string a lot of it comes down to modernity for me. i like a certain vibrant vibe when building the team. i might out bouie on there temporarily thoughuntil a new big takes that spot. so pretty good call by you.

What, no Billy Celuck????
You blaspheme!!!

abuse.jpg

Wow DoctorBombay you are right on point. If anyone in that 4th string spaz role it would be Celuck. I did in fact blaspheme and that was hilarious by the way. and correct. good history lesson for all. is it ok though if i make schayes the official 4th string Center spaz Coach? lol

...a lot of it comes down to modernity for me.
Perhaps you're in over your head with naming an all-time team if all you're interested in is modernity. There's an apparent contradiction there.

No discussion of SU centers is complete without Bob DOOMS and Derek Brower.

DOOOOOOMS !!!!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom