Would love to see Tyler Ennis play 4 years at SU | Syracusefan.com

Would love to see Tyler Ennis play 4 years at SU

So would we all. Not going to happen, though.

I don't know. He's kind of small, isn't he? Would he make it in the NBA? Remember: you can't teach height.

I would be happy to see him come back next season at this point.

Hard to one up that, but I'll try. I'd like to see him finish the season(uninjured).

But heck yeah, wouldn't we love to have another PG potentially nearing Sherman's caliber for 4 years?

I don't know. He's kind of small, isn't he? Would he make it in the NBA? Remember: you can't teach height.

I'd happily bump this and eat some crow if Tyler's fortunate enough to get drafted early (assuming, of course, that that's something he wants), but I agree with this.

It's difficult to be an NBA point guard (much less a successful early-entrant) without some combination of NBA size, NBA athleticism, and some A+ NBA skill. For Ennis, the shooting will probably come around. His genetic makeup isn't changing, though - he's small and an average athlete (as elite athletes go, of course).

Yet another reason why I'm so excited about Ennis - he's got the potential to be a very good college point guard, but we're going to get to enjoy him for several seasons without listening to too much of the "Will he or won't he? What kind of pro will he make?" chatter. We're going to enjoy this.

Last edited:

Ty Lawson's only 5'11 and he's one of the elite PGs in the NBA right now. In fact, Lawson would be the current NBA PG I see Ennis's game most resembling...

I'd happily bump this and eat some crow if Tyler's fortunate enough to get drafted early (assuming, of course, that that's something he wants), but I agree with this.

It's difficult to be an NBA point guard (much less a successful early-entrant) without some combination of NBA size, NBA athleticism, and some A+ NBA skill. For Ennis, the shooting will probably come around. His genetic makeup isn't changing, though - he's small and an average athlete (as elite athletes go, of course).

Yet another reason why I'm so excited about Ennis - he's got the potential to be a very good college point guard, but we're going to get to enjoy him for several seasons without listening to too much of the "Will he or won't he? What kind of pro will he make?" chatter. We're going to enjoy this.

More I think about it and compare his college stats...the more I see Ennis turning into the next Ty Lawson...culminating with a NC right before he leaves at the end of his Junior year...but let's bump that up a year. NC next year!!

I don't know, don't some NBA-ready players stay 4 years...maybe at Duke or something? Let me have my dreams please

Not sure how Kaleb would feel about it, but for us fans, it's just sick to think that we COULD have the same starting backcourt of Tyler and Trevor for two more seasons after this one. I'm just keeping my fingers crossed that we'll have Tyler for one more year.

Ty Lawson's only 5'11 and he's one of the elite PGs in the NBA right now. In fact, Lawson would be the current NBA PG I see Ennis's game most resembling...

When it comes to speed, I think Lawson has a another gear that Ennis doesn't possess. That said, it's a solid comparison. And Ty Lawson spent 3 years at UNC, so I'd be happy with that. I have no idea if Ennis is a one and done or a 4 yr player. I don't see him leaving after this year, especially with such a loaded draft class, and I'm not sure I can see him staying 4 years. My best guess is he's here 3 years.

I disagree, I think the "Will he or won't he?" is going to be here as long as Tyler is here. I think we can dispense with the doubt of whether he wants to go pro. The guy has already sacrificed big time, switched schools to NJ. All for putting himself in better position. So, I think the question he is asking is when can he cash in.

Tyler is a unique case. A lot of the NBA picks have been on athleticism and potential. Those are not Tyler's strong suit. And unfortunately those are unlikely to improve with time.

I think Tyler leaves when he thinks he can be selected in the first round. If we make a run to the FF or NC, the chances increase that Tyler's stock is near its peak and he will feel compelled to leave.

Everyone is talking about Grant and Ennis leaving for the NBA at the end of this year. In my opinion, getting drafted into the NBA will be easy for Ennis and Grant. But actually getting playing time or having a long NBA career is a different matter altogether. I think Grant needs a consistent outside shot from NBA range. And Ennis needs to be much stronger and hit the weight room. Nobody has Ennis on any NBA scouting radar at least right now.

I think both players Grant and Ennis will come back for another year for the exact reason that the extra year of development will get them a higher position in the draft and the potential to make more money in the NBA long term.

No doubt, even if he's only here a few years, he's the guy people from opposing fan bases say, "Man that guy is still there??!" :)

More I think about it and compare his college stats...the more I see Ennis turning into the next Ty Lawson...culminating with a NC right before he leaves at the end of his Junior year...but let's bump that up a year. NC next year!!
I know you won't give up on this season! Stranger things have happened!!

He continues this productivity he will probably be gone after year 2. He steps it up even more (Christ, we're not even a third into the season) he could be gone this year.

I disagree, I think the "Will he or won't he?" is going to be here as long as Tyler is here. I think we can dispense with the doubt of whether he wants to go pro. The guy has already sacrificed big time, switched schools to NJ. All for putting himself in better position. So, I think the question he is asking is when can he cash in.

Tyler is a unique case. A lot of the NBA picks have been on athleticism and potential. Those are not Tyler's strong suit. And unfortunately those are unlikely to improve with time.

I think Tyler leaves when he thinks he can be selected in the first round. If we make a run to the FF or NC, the chances increase that Tyler's stock is near its peak and he will feel compelled to leave.

I think that's a fair assessment.

No doubt, even if he's only here a few years, he's the guy people from opposing fan bases say, "Man that guy is still there??!" :)

That's what I'm thinking - he can be our Lavar Postell or Kevin Braswell. Only a much bigger star.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom