Wow. CFP Implications after this year! | Syracusefan.com

Wow. CFP Implications after this year!

DoctorBombay

Hall of Fame
Delaney will NOT be happy that his blue-blood conference champion was left out of the Dance.
Moving forward, I think this will mark the beginning of expansion of the CFP to 8 games.
Also, consider that if Miami had won the ACC Championship yesterday, it might be the ACC on the outside looking in?
Make no mistake...this snub was a B1G deal! (pun intended)

I think the 4 game CFP is the way to go. Just need to iron out some problems to level the playing field among the P5 conferences and also remove some of the lingering biases that get in the way. Actually, biases will always rear their ugly head because we all have them, so I think the effort to monitor for those biases in action needs to be a top priority and the committee also needs to be flexible enough to adapt to those problems and to take measures to self-correct in real time.

Delaney will NOT be happy that his blue-blood conference champion was left out of the Dance.
Moving forward, I think this will mark the beginning of expansion of the CFP to 8 games.
Also, consider that if Miami had won the ACC Championship yesterday, it might be the ACC on the outside looking in?

If Miami won, you'd have to think it'd have been 1 - OU, 2 - UGA, 3 - Bama, and 4 - Miami, no?

I wish they'd come out and say that only conference championship game winners and undefeated independents get consideration and just do that.

Perhaps if he wasn't in an all out hurry to grab Rutgirls and the Twerps, Osu's sos would have been been stronger, so glad the committee stuck it to Delaney.

Then even up the divisions within the conferences. The B10 deserved to stay home. OSU let them down and they have this weird dynamic of turning it on late like a bunch of Kentucky hoops freshman. Doesn't work that way in CFB. wisky makes a run on the other side of the division against average teams and OSU with 2 blow out losses beats them. So, if you are so pissed Delaney, even up your divisions and quit crying.

The B1G and PAC-12 like to unite on causes.

Can’t think of a better one.
at least we are back to tradition with the B1G and PAC champs meeting in the Rose Bowl

tenor.gif

nvm

Except the Rose Bowl is one of the playoff bowls this year.
The winner of this year's Rose Bowl will be jet lagged and will have to prepare to play either Clemson or Bama. Not good.

I wish they'd come out and say that only conference championship game winners and undefeated independents get consideration and just do that.
So you'd be cool sending the winner if the leader from a crummy division upset the favorite ala Texas vs Nebraska in '96?

The "4 best teams" is subjective and will always allow the same blue blood programs to be in the hunt for the CFPs. I'm not against it 'cause I don't want to see blow outs from teams that made it by winning their conference, but every other (most?) playoffs are based on records. You play the game to win and you should win in order to advance. Let the play on the field dictate who deserves to be in. I think the CFP should move towards this type of model and not use the "eye" test and arguments other than the on-the-field results to justify their inclusion. The issue is the large discrepancy between conferences and there is not a simple way to normalize the records across conferences.

In any case, I much prefer the CFP to the BCS NC model. Gonna be fun watching these teams play, I think.

The winner of this year's Rose Bowl will be jet lagged and will have to prepare to play either Clemson or Bama. Not good.
They'll have problems with Clemson or Alabama because they'll be playing 5 or 6 days after flying from Pasadena to either Norman or Athens? I don't see this as an issue at all.

If Miami won, you'd have to think it'd have been 1 - OU, 2 - UGA, 3 - Bama, and 4 - Miami, no?
Not so fast, my friend! ;)
It would’ve depended on what happened w/ Wisky vs OSU.
I was never impressed with Miami- too many close calls and that Pitt game was a killer. Granted, a W vs Clemson would’ve likely clinched a spot, but an undefeated conference champion Wisconsin, no way u leave them out.

A couple of questions. First off, why does Alabama get the benefit of doubt with a poor SOS while Wisconsin who won their division did not? Bama benefited from being #1 while Wisconsin had to fight their way up the imaginary ladder. Both had 1 loss and again, neither won their conference. I'm no Big 10 fan by any means but I am really sick of these eye ball tests and assumptions. Win your conference...heck, win your division to at least play for the conference title.

Second...name one team that would want to play UCF in a playoff. They also beat a team with 1 loss unlike Alabama or Wisconsin and went undefeated unlike OSU.

Just another reason to get rid of divisions. The best two play the conference championship and forces schools to play more of their conference members unlike this foolish once every 6 year thing.

A couple of questions. First off, why does Alabama get the benefit of doubt with a poor SOS while Wisconsin who won their division did not? Bama benefited from being #1 while Wisconsin had to fight their way up the imaginary ladder. Both had 1 loss and again, neither won their conference. I'm no Big 10 fan by any means but I am really sick of these eye ball tests and assumptions. Win your conference...heck, win your division to at least play for the conference title.

Second...name one team that would want to play UCF in a playoff. They also beat a team with 1 loss unlike Alabama or Wisconsin and went undefeated unlike OSU.

Just another reason to get rid of divisions. The best two play the conference championship and forces schools to play more of their conference members unlike this foolish once every 6 year thing.

Because college football is an extremely efficient cartel.

The committee got it right

I would have been OK with Ohio State getting in over Bama, but overall I don't think the committee has made a single mistake in the four years the playoff has existed.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom