Wow great ending to the CAA game | Syracusefan.com

Wow great ending to the CAA game

nycfan said:
Felt just terrible for W&M---not only did they blow the 6 point lead with a minute left, but they had never been to the Dance, EVER!

That last possession was terrible

I was getting groceries and listened to the game on the radio. I left when Del was up 10. Wow. BTW John Thompson II does not add much color in his commentary.

Looks like Gonzaga is just going to roll St. Mary's.

W&M let that one get away. I thought they played better team basketball, but couldn't make their shots when it counted. Killed themselves at the FT line as well (3-11, including missing the front end of a 1-and-1 with under a 1:00 left). Baptiste came out of nowhere to score 24 pts. Blue Hens have been to the Big Dance (when Mile Brey was coach) but has never won the CAA tournament.

As a 2003 grad of the prestigious institution known as the University of Delaware let me take time to congratulate the boys. Sadly I will never love my alma mater as much as the Orange, but they have had an amazing season and a great comeback to seal the bid. Side note, I'm glad they didn't call Baptiste for an offensive foul on the game winning basket. I felt like I was watching Duke as Thornton flopped like a fish under the basket.

Looks like Gonzaga is just going to roll St. Mary's.

They were lucky to get by Santa Clara on Saturday night. Santa Clara had them for most of the second half... and by ten at some points.

Mark Few is a great coach and Gonzaga might make a final four one of these years. Up 15 now after the Stockton free throw.

Bill and Mary up 74-68 with 1:20 left and Delaware scores 7 straight to end the game to win 75-74

You gonna be ok next Monday night without any college hoops? Should we find someone to stay with you?

As a 2003 grad of the prestigious institution known as the University of Delaware let me take time to congratulate the boys. Sadly I will never love my alma mater as much as the Orange, but they have had an amazing season and a great comeback to seal the bid. Side note, I'm glad they didn't call Baptiste for an offensive foul on the game winning basket. I felt like I was watching Duke as Thornton flopped like a fish under the basket.

I think it's worth noting that that situation - potential game-winning shot with under 10 secs left - the officials didn't blow the whistle either way and let them play on.

Folks who watched the game will have grimaced (as I did) when earlier in the game play-by-play announcer Todd Harris and analyst Ron Thompson discussed the new charge/block rule. Thompson made the observation that the new rule "makes it almost impossible to get called for a charge unless the defender had established position for like a minute." (that's close to verbatim). Apparently someone forgot to tell Tony Greene.

Last edited:
I will google it, but what the heck is the CIT?

I will google it, but what the heck is the CIT?
Pitt's next chance for a trophy.
40fce063a71341d703e3bdeafdc800be.jpg

Bill and Mary up 74-68 with 1:20 left and Delaware scores 7 straight to end the game to win 75-74
this was a big one for the family. we're from DE (mother went there) and my brother went to W&M. always happy when the Blue Hens get some publicity!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom