Wow people are really pissed? | Syracusefan.com

Wow people are really pissed?

Marsh01

Living Legend
Seriously? We had our worst shooting night, our best player had an awful game, we were dead about 10 times and yet we still won. Won. Not lost. Won. I mean What? Our team never panics and this will go such a long way if and when we get into this situation in the post season Some people i guess just cant be happy ever

Huh, didn't really get that vibe from reading most of the posts.

Some complaints about the game - but we've been playing sort of poorly. I thought the board would be much more out of control!

Happy but concerned. Was pissed after the game, but that was coming off the high of everything, and not thinking this team really deserved to win. I calm down easily ;) It seems as if these 'flat' games have become a habit over the past three weeks or so (save the Duke game) though, and that's the pattern I am most worried about.

Marsh01 said:
Seriously? We had our worst shooting night, our best player had an awful game, we were dead about 10 times and yet we still won. Won. Not lost. Won. I mean What? Our team never panics and this will go such a long way if and when we get into this situation in the post season Some people i guess just cant be happy ever

I think it's more than that. If we were 18-6 and ranked 24th, people could see this type of game. But as an unbeaten, top-ranked team, many saw this as an occasion to win a comfortable game. I think people need to get used to this team playing like an 18-6 team that just finds a way to keep winning.

But it's becoming a bit tedious.

A Clockwork Orange said:
Happy but concerned. Was pissed after the game, but that was coming off the high of everything, and not thinking this team really deserved to win. I calm down easily ;) It seems as if these 'flat' games have become a habit over the past three weeks or so (save the Duke game) though, and that's the pattern I am most worried about.

Teams hit a wall. Every game we get everyones best. We find ways to win every time. This team is so special

I agree marsh. My brother in law texted me and is worried about a first round exit now. Duke won by one tonight. These games happen. We are tired. A day off tomorrow will do us well. Cj, Trevor, and tyler all stunk and we still won.

realorange said:
Everybody likes the W Marsh. But how can you like the way the team as a whole played? I started to wonder if CJ was sick. Between his play and Tyler's we were very lucky to win. Poor shooting, OK. Poor, sloppy play, not so much.

You cant play great every game. Look at duke. Almost lost to maryland at home today. It happens. If it happens 5 games in a row i will be concerned.

Bc is the exact team we need to face wednesday

I do think all the press and attention after the big win at Pitt caused us to lose a little focus this game. I think it had the biggest effect on Tyler. Getting a call from the VP doesn't happen a lot.

Hopefully they will get a few good night's sleep this week and be refocused for the stretch run.

Marsh, in fairness, if we play the way we played tonight in a 2nd round game against a pesky 8/9 seed, we'll get bounced, and none of these regular season wins will mean anything. I think it's very reasonable to be thrilled that we're undefeated and #1 while at the same time being not entirely content with the way we're playing offensively. Obviously Baye being out is very critical.

Everybody likes the W Marsh. But how can you like the way the team as a whole played? I started to wonder if CJ was sick. Between his play and Tyler's we were very lucky to win. Poor shooting, OK. Poor, sloppy play, not so much.
So what...even if they lost would it have been the end of the world? Keep in mind that we play in the ACC not the Missouri Valley.

Three games in seven days, coming off an emotional last second victory, while playing only six players is a lot to ask...and we found a way to win. Enjoy the ride for gawd's sake.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom