Wow people are really pissed? | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Wow people are really pissed?

Marsh, in fairness, if we play the way we played tonight in a 2nd round game against a pesky 8/9 seed, we'll get bounced, and none of these regular season wins will mean anything. I think it's very reasonable to be thrilled that we're undefeated and #1 while at the same time being not entirely content with the way we're playing offensively. Obviously Baye being out is very critical.

If you don't make shots for 80% of the game in the NCAAT then yes you will lose. Our defense was good. We are hurting on the boards because Rak and Jerami can't foul. We missed open shots that we would love to get over and over again.

eao1115 said:
Marsh, in fairness, if we play the way we played tonight in a 2nd round game against a pesky 8/9 seed, we'll get bounced, and none of these regular season wins will mean anything. I think it's very reasonable to be thrilled that we're undefeated and #1 while at the same time being not entirely content with the way we're playing offensively. Obviously Baye being out is very critical.

I look at the positives. Rak really has come around. We made two HUGE defensive plays in the last 30 seconds. We are winning with only playing 6 guys with baye out. How do we know we get bounced if we have this in a tournament situation? Games like this will help

I have to think when we get to the tourney the focus effort and everything we loved about the duke game offensively will return. Ive calmed down and its clear that in. Conference full of bubbly teams desperately needing a win the target is huge. We were flat and still down a man. Our 5th option on offense practically won it by himself. I think with a good effort and normal outputs this is similar to clemson vs being a tossup. That said the hottest offensive team in the country barely held off 14-11 maryland at home so...

Lets move on from the swoon and spank bc

I do think all the press and attention after the big win at Pitt caused us to lose a little focus this game. I think it had the biggest effect on Tyler. Getting a call from the VP doesn't happen a lot.

Hopefully they will get a few good night's sleep this week and be refocused for the stretch run.
Don't underestimate the beating the guys got on Wednesday night. Playing a game 3 days after playing Pitt on the road can't be easy.

CJ has to start playing like an AA at some point, and not just against good teams.

I'm not going to kill him bc dude can ball and is clutch (aside from the FT line) but his play tonight was ridiculously bad.

Why complain about something that has yet to happen? We have not rebounded and won. We have played bad defense and won. Cooney or CJ have played like crap, guess what, we still one. Bad shooting nights as a team, last i checked we won those games too. Screw "what if''s" and "maybes", we are undefeated and that is fact.

Everybody likes the W Marsh. But how can you like the way the team as a whole played? I started to wonder if CJ was sick. Between his play and Tyler's we were very lucky to win. Poor shooting, OK. Poor, sloppy play, not so much.

Coach said in his press conference that CJ has played all but 5 minutes in the last 5 games. I guess we need to give him a break.He just doesn't didn't have his legs tonight so his shots were short.We really need to get Kieta back cause we'er playing predominately 6 guy's plus we've got a bunch of road games coming up.

Seriously? We had our worst shooting night, our best player had an awful game, we were dead about 10 times and yet we still won. Won. Not lost. Won. I mean What? Our team never panics and this will go such a long way if and when we get into this situation in the post season Some people i guess just cant be happy ever
You are surprised some posters are pissed? For real? ;) Have another PBR or Miller Lite. 25-0 baby.

I'm happy as hell that we are 26-0. They way we've made it here has been tough on the ticker, but the results beat 19-7 or whatever UCONN is these days.

Well, we're only 25-0 but I like your outlook.

Opus said:
You are surprised some posters are pissed? For real? ;) Have another PBR or Miller Lite. 25-0 baby.
I really am. Best start in school history, #1 team in the country and we are complaining because we won a game against a team we have only beat once on their floor (and gave us one of the greatest moments in program history) and then pull a miracle win out 3 days later and its NOT GOOD ENOUGH. Stunned

You cant play great every game.
When was the last time we played great? How many times have we? The teams that we beat early on that made us feel like we were really good turned out to be mediocre.

I'm happy but worried that maybe this is not a team that is likely to last long in the tourney.

cuseguy said:
I think it's more than that. If we were 18-6 and ranked 24th, people could see this type of game. But as an unbeaten, top-ranked team, many saw this as an occasion to win a comfortable game. I think people need to get used to this team playing like an 18-6 team that just finds a way to keep winning. But it's becoming a bit tedious.

Marsh is right and so are you (not that you are making competing points). Just two good observations. We won. That matters (obviously). How you win also matters. What people are failing to realize is that winning like we did tonight, playing really poorly, matters as well. Strong traps in the last :30 and a steal to manufacture a possession. Winning big and dominating a lesser opponent also matters. It's what is in between that sucks.

The people that are most frustrating are the "w is a w" crew. That's just ridiculous.

44cuse

kuethstheman said:
When was the last time we played great? How many times have we? The teams that we beat early on that made us feel like we were really good turned out to be mediocre. I'm happy but worried that maybe this is not a team that is likely to last long in the tourney.

Duke. We played ok vs clemson.

Not last long in the tourney? Make it stop

We could play these close games against all types of teams, ranked and unranked, for the rest of the season. Oh well, just gonna have to enjoy last second wins again and again and again.

Speaking of which, I am gonna have to make an appointment with a cardiologist before this season is over.

When was the last time we played great? How many times have we? The teams that we beat early on that made us feel like we were really good turned out to be mediocre.

I'm happy but worried that maybe this is not a team that is likely to last long in the tourney.
Lol...we just beat Pitt at Pitt. How many of those have you seen?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom