Wow...recruiting rankings | Syracusefan.com

Wow...recruiting rankings

CuseOnly

All American
Was just looking at player and team rankings on 236...

Clemson landed 7 of the top 29 recruits in this class and is ranked #1...and 2 of the top 3, both defensive linemen.

Unreal...

Whatever. I think we'd all be thrilled if Syracuse just came in 2nd in the Atlantic on a consistent basis. Let Clemson win everything until we get our act together

Whatever. I think we'd all be thrilled if Syracuse just came in 2nd in the Atlantic on a consistent basis. Let Clemson win everything until we get our act together
I would be ecstatic if we finished with the #6 ACC recruiting class. Thats where we should be at this point. Top half of the conference

I would be ecstatic if we finished with the #6 ACC recruiting class. Thats where we should be at this point. Top half of the conference
Haha! I meant 2nd in the season standings ...didn't mean recruiting rankings. But we'd all be thrilled with 4, 5, or 6 in recruiting rankings in the ACC too

Was just looking at player and team rankings on 236...

Clemson landed 7 of the top 29 recruits in this class and is ranked #1...and 2 of the top 3, both defensive linemen.

Unreal...
The amount of money flowing through that recruiting machine right now must be phenomenal.

Clemson fans are actually a little disappointed in their class. A lot of them wanted to dagger South Carolina and snag Burch, but he went with Muschamp over Clemson & Georgia.

Hate to see that the Cuse has the lowest average rating score per player in the ACC, even lower than Rutgers, and this has to change sooner than later.

We'd all love to see higher rankings but if we're getting solid athletes in, keeping them on campus for four years, developing talent through S&C/Film/Technique, etc. and putting them in a good system. We can win games. It's just a lot harder for us b/c of all those variables.

If you want to laugh at a recruiting class. Go look at USC.
I saw that last night and laughed BUT they are in on a couple 5 stars and a ton of 4 stars. It seems the remainder of that class will all be players ranked A LOT higher than every recruit we have. So i stopped laughing and shook my head.

Our class as it is currently constituted wouldn't be terrible if we added a few high end talents. They are still out there. We need to add 4 or 5 studs

it’s still not what they are accustomed to - at least we’re kinda doing what we normally do
They have till February. Plus coaching situation. They'll be fine.

I think they’ll do *better* - but they are used to being top 20, no?
Who's to say it won't? They'll probably win the Pac next year as well. They have the athletes.

We have five more spots

Possibility is there to raise the average

Dragged down by a kicker and a german

We need to close out the class strong. Its not just about the kicker and the german. The top of this class (Nationally ranked kids) is not very good right now on paper.

These are the numbers since Babers showed up in regards to Nationally Ranked recruits (excluding JUCO) in the composite rankings:

2016 - 6
Average National Ranking - 813

2017 - 7
Average National Ranking - 722

2018 - 11
Average National Ranking - 665

2019 - 8
Average National Ranking - 697

2020 - 4
Average National Ranking - 787

This is coming off of a 10 win season. We need to do better

If you want to laugh at a recruiting class. Go look at USC.

Heard a report by Damon Amendolara (DA who is an SU alum) stating USC had the worst recruiting class in the PAC12 and that there football program is essentially dead.

Heard a report by Damon Amendolara (DA who is an SU alum) stating USC had the worst recruiting class in the PAC12 and that there football program is essentially dead.
They'll rise from the dead

They always do

They'll rise from the dead

They always do

They have too much money from donors to not be good. The WORST fan base by far I’ve ever dealt with in my entire life. Spent 10 years in SoCal and I could not believe the arrogance and entitlement of the fans. I hope they remain awful for years to come lol

The thing being with the right new hire next year they can pull in a top 10 class with out missing a beat.

The thing being with the right new hire next year they can pull in a top 10 class with out missing a beat.

Of course. But a bad class can handicap you for a couple of years, no matter who you are. We had a horrible one at the end of Marrone's tenure and it made the transition to the ACC worse.

Saw this in the Bannersociety.com's free newsletter today. There's not a link so i took a snapshot of some of the tables.
---

We know the highest tier of college football is reserved for the highest tier of recruiters. If you don’t sign blue-chips at least as frequently as you sign three-stars and below, you will need to be a historic outlier in order to have a title shot.

But every year brings a handful of teams that play beyond their recruiting — whether in good or bad ways.

Let’s consider how every team in FBS has recruited the last four years (not counting the just-signing-now class of 2020) and compare their performance on the trail to the field. Let this provide some hope to fans whose teams don't rank all that well in the 2020 cycle.

These are how teams' performances (measured by SP+) most diverged from their four-year recruiting rankings (calculated by us using the 247Sports Composite, which retroactively changes slightly over time).

1576858050099.png

1576858067836.png

1576858086295.png

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors