Wow, the Arizona board really hates Syracuse | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Wow, the Arizona board really hates Syracuse

I think this board is often guilty of lack of respect of other teams as well - probably every board is guilty of it. Ot happened at times with Zona throughout January. (i.e Pac-12 is a 3 big league) But it never got beyond a lack of respect into hatred.

The difference is that while some of the stuff on Zona board is a lack of respect of us, some of it pure hatred and bitterness.

article-1374411-0050D99000000258-111_634x286.jpg

Somebody get a hold of our in house photoshop guru. This is begging for a taste of Cooney (or possibly Ennis) as the thug life guy, and Rak or CJ as the other. Come on...classic. Gotta be done by the master, though.

Not to be rude but shouldn't zona be focused on winning without ashley.
They just lost with him difference is we are winning multiple games without dajuan so stops bitching.
Someone go over there and let them know we have lost a starting center in 4 out of 5 years.

Why bother taking opposing fans serious these days just stick to players.
Oh No! We are all doomed Syracuse is unliked by Arizona fans, but Duke and UNC may be good friends with them. I feel so threatened now.

I'm really enjoying the whining. The beauty of basketball is that there's a system in place to pick a winner. Arizona will probably be a 1 seed and Duke a 2. Spin the cylinder and pull the trigger. Let's see who's still left at the end.

People are always going to hate successful programs. It's the price of doing business. It's just validation that we have arrived to me.

It's good to be the (new) King...for how ever long it lasts

One of my favorite videos/songs. There's a couple of lines I can relate to

It's good to be king, if just for a while
To be there in velvet, yeah, to give 'em a smile
It's good to get high and never come down
It's good to be king of your own little town

Yeah, the world would swing if I were king
Can I help it if I still dream time to time

It's good to be king and have your own way
Get a feeling of peace at the end of the day
And when your bulldog barks and your canary sings
You're out there with winners, it's good to be king

Yeah I'll be king when dogs get wings
Can I help it if I still dream time to time

It's good to be king and have your own world
It helps to make friends, it's good to meet girls
A sweet little queen who can't run away
It's good to be king, whatever it pays

Excuse me if I have some place in my mind
Where I go time to time

Last edited:
They basically are saying they are not scared of us because we have beaten any good teams on the road and blah blah blah. They compare the duke team they beat early in the season to the one we just played which we all know we played the superior version. Its just sour grapes, they are mad their team isnt as big of a national brand as Cuse and can you blame them?
Bring them on. They are a great matchup for us - they can't shoot a lick (Ashley was by far their best midrange shooter.) and our less deep than we are. If we played AZ they would not score 50 points. They will take some more losses as soon as the other Pac 10 teams watch the Cal film. Cal actually did not play well in the second half but still won because AZ could not score. If Duke can't beat us with 15 threes I assure you Arizona can't with the 2 or 3 they'd make.

Considering how many alumni are in the sports broadcasting industry, SU typically has a negative bias against it. Many times in the past few years we should have been ranked higher than we were. I saw that we are 17th for most weeks at number one. Considering the past 5 years SU should be higher on that list, but we always have to prove ourselves beyond a shadow of doubt to get the recognition deserved.

F Zona, , F Duke, and F NJ State.

NEW%20Calvin%20Disc%201%200011.jpg

This perspective comes from having friends that went to Arizona and playing on the Arizona State Society's softball team in the Congressional league in DC…

I've never seen a fanbase with more butthurt than Arizona's and this is from someone with experience with Ohio State, Michigan, Michigan State, Rutgers, etc. A buddy of mine started talking on Facebook and I responded with the fact that of the original Pac 10 and the Big 10, Arizona is the only team that has never gone to a Rose Bowl. It was like setting him and all of his Arizona friends' mothers on fire. I've never seen anything like it. There's no such thing as good-natured ribbing with them.

Everything is a personal affront. Losing their number 1 ranking was like a personal insult to them. They had something to point to that suggested that they actually had respect, and they lost to a mediocre Cal team.

The butthurt of their fanbase is crazy over the top. It's an incredible inferiority complex not just to Arizona State, but to the entire Pac 10, and their place in all of college sports. I wasn't surprised one bit that 'butthurt' was in the original post of this thread. Best word possible to describe them.

This perspective comes from having friends that went to Arizona and playing on the Arizona State Society's softball team in the Congressional league in DC…

I've never seen a fanbase with more butthurt than Arizona's and this is from someone with experience with Ohio State, Michigan, Michigan State, Rutgers, etc. A buddy of mine started talking on Facebook and I responded with the fact that of the original Pac 10 and the Big 10, Arizona is the only team that has never gone to a Rose Bowl. It was like setting him and all of his Arizona friends' mothers on fire. I've never seen anything like it. There's no such thing as good-natured ribbing with them.

Everything is a personal affront. Losing their number 1 ranking was like a personal insult to them. They had something to point to that suggested that they actually had respect, and they lost to a mediocre Cal team.

The butthurt of their fanbase is crazy over the top. It's an incredible inferiority complex not just to Arizona State, but to the entire Pac 10, and their place in all of college sports. I wasn't surprised one bit that 'butthurt' was in the original post of this thread. Best word possible to describe them.
Of course, the obvious thing is that they would have still been number 1 had they beaten Cal.

Come on now! Imagine the death spiral this board would be in if we lost one of our best players and the number one ranking in the same week... Wait, that's happened before, and I'm sure it's pretty similar to what's going on over there right now.

can't be easy for the 'cats . selection committee does indeed look at injuries. losing a key player could bang them in the seedings.

It's been almost 20 years since a west coast team has won it all. There is no east coast bias. The better basketball teams are (almost always) on the east coast.

Curious how they had to bring in an East Coast guy, to get their West Coast program back on track.

It'll be interesting to see, if Syracuse ever loses, what the rankings will look like. If it's @ Pitt in a close game, would they drop past Zona? Same with @ Duke? Can the Shockers really have a good claim to #1? It's fun to think about, and fortunately, we'll never have to worry because Syracuse won't lose this season.

can't be easy for the 'cats . selection committee does indeed look at injuries. losing a key player could bang them in the seedings.

I'm not so sure it will hurt their seeding that much. One, they're a lot more balanced than say Purdue was with Hummel. Two, their schedule was fortunately frontloaded, so they're still going to be favored in every game. If they get thru the season with just 1 more loss, people will downplay the impact.

agree here with regards to purdue. but as you say their schedule was so heavily front loaded. this is not the same team that won those games.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom