Wow. | Syracusefan.com

Wow.

Bill Orange

As of Tuesday, Sunday's NCAA Quarterfinal at Lucas Oil Stadium in Indianapolis had pressed 5500 tickets and Saturday's presale at Byrd Stadium in College Park, Md., had pressed 865 tickets, the NCAA released to Inside Lacrosse Wednesday.

And I got 4 of them.

I was expecting a low turnout, but that is crazy. I can't see more than 2000 on gameday at this rate. My guess is that the ncaa put the full push on selling tickets for Indy and figured college park would take care of itself. That didn't exactly pan out with zero local teams.

Just imagine if tO$U was playing at Indy as well.

Not really surprising, the big crowds never really come out until the final four.

There were only 2700 (plus change) at Byrd last week when the turtles were playing at home.

If SU and Cornell don't make it through, this could be the worst attended FF in recent history.

Especially if it's brutally hot that weekend.

And it's Preakness Day in Maryland this Saturday ... that can't help.

If SU and Cornell don't make it through, this could be the worst attended FF in recent history.

Especially if it's brutally hot that weekend.

And it's Preakness Day in Maryland this Saturday ... that can't help.

Lets be honest outside of Syracuse who is really going to draw fans for the second round home site game this year?

Yale has pretty much zero NCAA tournament history and a small lax following, Ditto for Ohio State but there tournament history is even less and there following even smaller. I know this wont be popular but outside of Ithaca who really follows Cornell sports less there Lax team? I know they have a lot of alumni and its a good school academically but honestly what big crowds are they drawing?

I think some of the thought process has to be that considering lacrosse is the fastest growing sport in the nation there would be more casual fan interest. Obviously the game isn't there yet.

The Maryland attendance at Byrd was just an embarrassment though - wow.

What was Cuse/Byrant attendance? Keeping in mind that was a Sunday night which is a terrible slot.

What was Cuse/Byrant attendance? Keeping in mind that was a Sunday night which is a terrible slot.

Mother's Day and no SU students (not that SU students even show up on a good day).

Mother's Day and no SU students (not that SU students even show up on a good day).

Would have been double that if it wasnt a Sunday/Mothers Day and 45 degrees outside. Still I was hoping for 5K.