Class of 2023 - WR Adam Moore Jr (FL) Verbal to SMU | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2023 WR Adam Moore Jr (FL) Verbal to SMU

HUDL says he is 6'2" 191 lbs and his tape is awesome. The 5 or so plays from 1:10 to 2:20 spells out exactly why he has the offers he does. He just goes up, snatches the ball out of the air without breaking stride, and he just smokes the guys he is playing against.

I would take him in a nanosecond.

HUDL says he is 6'2" 191 lbs and his tape is awesome. The 5 or so plays from 1:10 to 2:20 spells out exactly why he has the offers he does. He just goes up, snatches the ball out of the air without breaking stride, and he just smokes the guys he is playing against.

I would take him in a nanosecond.
You'll have to wait a few years. ;)

You'll have to wait a few years. ;)
I’d be thrilled if he committed tomorrow. When’s the last time we had a football commit more than 1 cycle out?

he’s like 11 years old ...

Or 15, either one. As a guy who coaches young athletes (not in football) and has an elite one at that, I don’t recommend he do so. But as a HS junior, if you’ve always had your heart set on a specific place, and they want you? Go for it.

Or 15, either one. As a guy who coaches young athletes (not in football) and has an elite one at that, I don’t recommend he do so. But as a HS junior, if you’ve always had your heart set on a specific place, and they want you? Go for it.
Unless it’s Penn State, might want to look a little mature before visiting there.

Big Bump. OV on the 27th. Listed as TE on two sights.
I’m surprised he hasn’t committed somewhere yet. JUCO?

Big Bump. OV on the 27th. Listed as TE on two sights.

Might depend what his real weight is. He’s been listed at 6-3 198 and 6-4 220. Looks like a big thick kid now though. His Twitter says hybrid.

Maybe he's just enjoying taking OVs. He was at SMU earlier this week.
Yeah, but it’s pretty late in the cycle. I’d have to assume that most seniors at his level have taken their OVs by now.

Yeah, but it’s pretty late in the cycle. I’d have to assume that most seniors at his level have taken their OVs by now.
On 12/15 he tweeted out that his recruitment was still 100% open. Also the only visits he tweeted about were USF, Louisville and SMU and I'm not sure that they were all ovs. Also Louisville and USF both got new HCs.

I think there a ton of kids that fall between the cracks. Look at Eric and Tucker.

Division I Football (Regular Period) SigningFebruary 1, 2023Division I: April 1, 2023

We are now in the Dead Period until March 1st. If he doesn't sign by 4/1 the portal opens back up for 15 days in April, 4/15 -4/30.

Last edited:
I’m surprised he hasn’t committed somewhere yet. JUCO?
There are fewer spots available and will be until the class of ’20 freshmen cycle through. Giving every player an extra year of eligibility while holding the scholarship limit at 85 reduces the available scholarships for incoming freshmen and causes some talented players that would have been signed in a heartbeat to fall between the cracks a bit.

I think that when the coaching staffs changed at USF and Louisville his offers from those schools may have disappeared.

Generally guys like this from Florida that blow up early and then run out of options we haven’t historically done that well with. Adly Enoicy is the first guy I think of. Sean Avant is another one.

Last edited:
I think they’re a ton of kids that fall between the cracks. Look at Eric and Tucker.
I don’t think Tucker falls into that category. He was probably underrated, but he committed to us April of his Junior year in high school before the cracks developed and he had a Wisconsin offer.