Class of 2018 - WR Amad Anderson (NY) Decommits from Rutgers/Verbal to Purdue | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2018 WR Amad Anderson (NY) Decommits from Rutgers/Verbal to Purdue

I'm not sure that they have better salesman. Sometimes it is simply the perception of the product being sold.
Perception of the product. Thats part of being a good salesman. We can't actually know because we are not in the homes while they recruit. Im going just off resumes and what UMD did in 2017. Is that a fair evaluation at this point?

Maryland got lucky last year that Michigan St was so bad, or they might not have gone to a bowl. Most years they and Rutgers will start the season 0-4, with losses to Ohio St, Michigan, Penn St, and Michigan St, then get a crossover of Nebraska, or Wisconsin, and you start 0-5.
absolutely right

We agree here. That's why I was saying it's not about facilities upgrades that haven't happened yet. I haven't heard any pitches myself, but how can they be that different?
your right, I dont think its facilities alone that they're selling. Its what being said on campus and in homes. Its what other kids in the DMV area believe. They are gonna jumped on the wagon if they feel like Durkin and his staff is gonna turn it around. Plus they are in a great conference that plays Penn Umich Mich st and Ohio st every year. UMD actually beat penn st recently. They have a much easier sell than SUNJ. lol

Perception of the product. Thats part of being a good salesman. We can't actually know because we are not in the homes while they recruit. Im going just off resumes and what UMD did in 2017. Is that a fair evaluation at this point?
You know the old expression that you can't make a silk purse out of a sows' ear? If the perception of the product isn't good, right or wrong, I don't care how good a salesman, and I have been in sales, you are you aren't going to sell the product without changes/improvements to the product. And I am not talking about facilities...I'm talking about winning. Not everyone can have belief without evidence.

Does he have a commutable offer or are we still holding out for Hendrix?

Don't think he was a priority to Babers, we have other WR's on the board that fit our scheme better.

I like this kid a lot but I like Hendrix better so I hope we are still on his radar which I'm sure he is...If we lose out on Hendrix we still have a few months to put the hard push on Anderson or anyone else we have rated higher on our board.

Oh well. Feel bad for the kid, but his life.

I'd be shocked if it wasn't RU

They are closing in on some decent prospects

Of course they still have to play the upcoming season so things will change
Yep. And if SU can show continued progress towards rebuilding (a bowl game), with a high-octane offense, I think it will be easier for HCDB and staff to sell the program.

I'd be shocked if it wasn't RU

They are closing in on some decent prospects

Of course they still have to play the upcoming season so things will change

I'm more concerned about RU landing Friday and Earlington - two DL kids from Bosco that we could have really used in light of our DL attrition recently. It's unfortunate that it doesn't look like we're going to get any leverage from Tommy D in those two recruitments. And I'm sure he tried too.

We may not be totally out of it yet. There is still 4-5 months to work on these kids to sell them on us. Its not over til it over and it not over yet. We need some DB magic. :)

Anderson is way to slow to flourish in Babers offense. That is the bottom line. Glad he found a spot with a P5 school.

The new Rutgirls strength and conditioning coach!.
RUa25d1e0991323ed8i3.jpg