Class of 2017 - WR Brad Hawkins (NJ) Decommit from Michigan/Attending Prep | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2017 WR Brad Hawkins (NJ) Decommit from Michigan/Attending Prep

Offers include S. Carolina, Pitt, Florida, OSU, Rutgers, UVA, WVU, Syracuse

I love seeing us go to work on 2016. The tops guys are usually recruited from their Freshman year on. If you don't start now you fall behind.

I love seeing us go to work on 2016. The tops guys are usually recruited from their Freshman year on. If you don't start now you fall behind.

Well they have also offered about 5 2017s. :)

Free article...

http://syracuse.At their request, t...ory/1544972-syracuse-visits-camden-high?s=185

May 08, 2015 | 11:36 am
Syracuse Visits Camden High
Syracuse is taking advantage by visiting schools all over the country. One of their key pipeline states is New Jersey, where wide receivers coach Bobby Acosta has been busy over the last few weeks. On Friday, he visited Camden High School, which is home to four talented 2016 prospects and a rising 2017 recruit.
Camden should sound familiar to Syracuse fans as it is the hometown of former Orange linebacker Dyshawn Davis who recently signed with the Washington Redskins. Davis attended high school at Woodbury High, however.
Each of the 2016 prospects holds an offer. They include four-star and Scout 300 wide receiver Brad Hawkins, three-star defensive end Ron Johnson, three-star outside linebacker Dymelle Parker and three-star defensive end Jamal Holloway. The 2017 prospect is center Cesar Ruiz.
Syracuse is looking to further their relationship with each, and increased communication is expected.
Hawkins is the most high profile of the group, holding nearly 20 offers including Arizona State, Florida, Miami, Michigan, Michigan State, Notre Dame, Ohio State, South Carolina and several others.
Holloway & Johnson are defensive end prospects who have held Syracuse offers for some time as well. The Orange has a definitive need to add depth up front, and these are two teammates that could help do just that. Both have some solid offers, but Johnson’s includes Alabama, Arizona State, Michigan, Michigan State, Old Miss, Notre Dame, Ohio State, Oregon and others.
Parker is an intriguing target. Syracuse loves linebackers and will look to add a few in 2016 as they do every cycle. He currently holds offers from Rutgers, Temple and Virginia in addition to Syracuse.
Syracuse has made New Jersey a focal point of their recruiting efforts over the last two cycles. They landed three signees in 2015 in Jake Pickard, Dontae Strickland and Daivon Ellison as well as preferred walk-on Kyle Kleinberg.
In 2016, Syracuse wants to potentially more than double their Garden State haul. Wide receiver Sadiq Palmer is already in the mix, but dozens of others are firmly on the radar. The trip to Camden High is only the latest example of their efforts. Coach Acosta has shown an ability to develop relationships quickly with talented prospects and the hope is that will yield some results at Camden.

Kinda surprised theres not more chatter on this guy, a 4Star WR from NJ visiting today and it seems kinda quite.

Kinda surprised theres not more chatter on this guy, a 4Star WR from NJ visiting today and it seems kinda quite.
I think it's probably because we seem to be on the outside looking in with this kid, at least for now.

I think it's probably because we seem to be on the outside looking in with this kid, at least for now.

well he is coming with some team mates, 2 of which hold SU offers and are rated pretty good as well. Seems like another big day to me.

Get him on campus and a lot can change (I know you know this - just sayin')

they'll sell Culpepper and Washington like crazy.

Yep, I can hear it now "Brad, we have two pieces of the puzzle, we want you to be the third. You three will be the lynchpin in Syracuse's offensive resurrection. We are going to do huge things together."