Class of 2023 - WR Bryce Cohoon (KS) COMMITTED / SIGNED TO SYRACUSE (6/29/22) | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2023 WR Bryce Cohoon (KS) COMMITTED / SIGNED TO SYRACUSE (6/29/22)

Status
Not open for further replies.

His film looks pretty good. I believe the 4th play he puts a beautiful double move on the cb and scores. 6'-2" and 185# runs fast, looks like very good hands and a pretty good blocker. Maybe, just maybe a hidden gem. We'll see.

10.57 in the 100 meter dash is around a 4.40 - 4.41 40 yard dash. Sign me up.

Don't know what to make of Mr. Cohoon.
Neither Kansas or K=state has offered.
He made a few nice catches on his "tape".
Got a "good build" and 10.57 is FAST!
5A high school classification is the 2nd highest in his state.
Roughly 1300 students in his school 9-12...so competition ought to
be good.
Let's see if Cuse offers...

be good.
Thats a good summary

Here’s hoping Dino, Swag Daddy, et all earn their double-espresso’s this weekend.

1655987722808.jpeg

be good.
In players like this and Brown and the kid we just brought in from FL the staff seems to be focused on pure speed. Any player that can get behind the D needs to be accounted for. If we are going to take a flyer on a few under recruited kids i like that they can run.

10.58 in the 100 is very fast. This kid is 6’-2” and 185 lbs and had over 800 yards receiving. What’s not to like? Surprised he doesn’t have any bigger offers.
From the Cuse perspective; there are no bigger offers!

10.57 in the 100 meter dash is around a 4.40 - 4.41 40 yard dash. Sign me up.
I don't know how a 100 track time translates to a game situation in football. This is why the NFL combine uses a 40 time. Thanks for extrapolating Cahoon's 100 time.

I don't know how a 100 track time translates to a game situation in football. This is why the NFL combine uses a 40 time. Thanks for extrapolating Cahoon's 100 time.
For a WR I think a 40 time and a 100 time are both relevant. The 100 time gives a good Idea of top end speed which matters for a WR as a CB has to try to keep up on any longer patterns. 40 times are more relevant for most positions though.

10.58 in the 100 is very fast. This kid is 6’-2” and 185 lbs and had over 800 yards receiving. What’s not to like? Surprised he doesn’t have any bigger offers.

Looks like he's found the weight room between jr highlights and the recent track video. Wonder if size was a concern earlier on and now that he's added some and maintained speed more will take notice?

For a WR I think a 40 time and a 100 time are both relevant. The 100 time gives a good Idea of top end speed which matters for a WR as a CB has to try to keep up on any longer patterns. 40 times are more relevant for most positions though.

100 pretty much only translates to if a player will be caught from behind. Ball has to come out before 20 yards much less 40 90% of the time.

We desperately need a wr with big play potential to match our RB and QBs though.

I notice that Mr. Cohoon said that "Mike Johnson, receiver's coach" contacted his coach. I guess we know who the WR coach is

Last edited:
100 pretty much only translates to if a player will be caught from behind. Ball has to come out before 20 yards much less 40 90% of the time.

We desperately need a wr with big play potential to match our RB and QBs though.
Right. I agree that a good 40 is more beneficial. A 40 obviously factors in a good deal of the ability to accelerate at the start. A 100 factors that in as well but much less so. So 100 is a better judge of top end speed. I'd say it would be a good measure of the WR's ability to pull away from a CB after about 20 yards. It doesn't occur nearly as often but sure is nice to have someone super fast who can. Even when the play doesn't go to that deep threat, the devoted safety help due to the threat helps open up other things.

I notice that Mr. Cohoon said that "Mike Johnson, receiver's coach" contacted his coach. I guess we know who the WR coach is
We knew he was hired as the WR coach from the start right? It also lists him as the outside WR coach on cuse.com
1655994074594.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors