Class of 2023 - WR Bryce Cohoon (KS) COMMITTED / SIGNED TO SYRACUSE (6/29/22) | Page 8 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2023 WR Bryce Cohoon (KS) COMMITTED / SIGNED TO SYRACUSE (6/29/22)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Qadry had football speed. Some track guys don’t run well in pads. Qadry got to top speed in uni.
Taj Smith not a track guy to the best of my knowledge and didn't wow anyone at the combine but he would regularly take your breath away in the open field.

Nope. It was Laray Smith. tep624 figured it out for me.
Both are right. I was thinking of Curtis Samuel as an option for us, but he was a longshot and Laray Smith was the more likely, but with Marrone leaving none of it mattered.

I have no idea, bet we have some folks in here who might. When an offer is made to a kid like this, is there any conversation like: we know you have strong roots in Kansas. We would love to have you and are offering you a scholarship. We just ask that you talk with your family and be confident that we are where you want to be. If you do commit to us we are going to stop recruiting others at your spot, and we would expect you to make the same commitment to us.

I have no idea, bet we have some folks in here who might. When an offer is made to a kid like this, is there any conversation like: we know you have strong roots in Kansas. We would love to have you and are offering you a scholarship. We just ask that you talk with your family and be confident that we are where you want to be. If you do commit to us we are going to stop recruiting others at your spot, and we would expect you to make the same commitment to us.
Well said. With that said I’m sure the staff mentioned all this. It’s a game both ways. A kid could look and feel totally committed while using a team as a place holder. We will see how it goes.

His father played for Kansas, so is he vulnerable if the Jayhawks or KSU offer?

Both are right. I was thinking of Curtis Samuel as an option for us, but he was a longshot and Laray Smith was the more likely, but with Marrone leaving none of it mattered.
Laray Smith was the guy I was thinking of when I asked the question. I just couldn't remember his name, just that he ended up at Indiana and gave up football.

His father played for Kansas, so is he vulnerable if the Jayhawks or KSU offer?
He came back home with an offer from Syracuse. He is a legacy of Kansas but they haven't offered. He must have talked it over with his folks before he committed. I would have imagined that somebody had reached out to Kansas previously. I feel that he will keep his commitment.

He came back home with an offer from Syracuse. He is a legacy of Kansas but they haven't offered. He must have talked it over with his folks before he committed. I would have imagined that somebody had reached out to Kansas previously. I feel that he will keep his commitment.
I wonder if KU is hesitant to offer him specifically because of him being a legacy recruit and the bad look if he doesn't play, similar to SU's previous hesitation to local guys who aren't no-brainers.

I wouldn’t have even offered. I get it but I think there’s more risk investing the next six months to hold onto him while pushing other wide receivers away. Flipside is we have a very big stable of young wr’s so this might be one of those times where if he sticks great and if he doesn’t that’s fine too.
Good point. We do have a nice stable of wrs and talented too.
Just need playing time for them and working with the new OC.

Good points about Cohoon's legacy status and parental support of the SU commitment.

Time will tell.

Anyone hearing anything about Augustin, the big WR from Florida? Has SU offered him?

Good points about Cohoon's legacy status and parental support of the SU commitment.

Time will tell.

Anyone hearing anything about Augustin, the big WR from Florida? Has SU offered him?
Maybe hes tired of Corn

Maybe they're tired of dust and drought. Less than 10" of rainfall annually = a desert.
That sucks if you're a farmer. If you're a college kid that has no need for an umbrella or rain coat, it may not be bad. I wouldn't mind getting out of tornado alley though

Interesting that current staff now seem to be taking a page from Marrone's notebook.

10.5 as a JR? That’s scary! Could be a 10.4 or 10.3 next year! Olympic speed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors