Class of 2016 - WR/CB Earnest Edwards (NY) Joining Coaching Staff at UPrep Rochester | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 WR/CB Earnest Edwards (NY) Joining Coaching Staff at UPrep Rochester

CuseLegacy

7:03 PM - 8 Oct 2014
Earnest Edwards‏@EdwardsEarnest 9h9 hours ago
Sneak peak American football" ">
1f602.png
@Jones__24

CuseLegacy, I was fooled by this too. That's Jamir Jones on the cover there. Earnest doesn't have an offer yet but attended Syracuse's camp in the summer and the staff liked what they saw.

CuseLegacy, I was fooled by this too. That's Jamir Jones on the cover there. Earnest doesn't have an offer yet but attended Syracuse's camp in the summer and the staff liked what they saw.

LOL.. I guess Earnest is Jamirs' promoter. Makes sense now that I reread the tweet.

Earnest is a good athlete. Also a good basketball player. He has great natural covering abilities at CB. Leading the area in INT's. I heard he is a little lazy in practice but turns it on game days. He is a better than the isaiah brown kid at gates IMO. Earnest is smaller and I think thats why he hasn't received early offers.

Earnest is a good athlete. Also a good basketball player. He has great natural covering abilities at CB. Leading the area in INT's. I heard he is a little lazy in practice but turns it on game days. He is a better than the isaiah brown kid at gates IMO. Earnest is smaller and I think thats why he hasn't received early offers.

Earnest Edwards ‏@EdwardsEarnest 47s48 seconds ago

Ashton Broyld likes me
1f64c.png
1f44c.png
1f34a.png
pic.twitter.com/xrtSB0CJDz

1:48 PM - 15 Mar 2015 · Details

Now if any of you still don't think that kids read this forum. LOL.

offer from UB...but is this kid getting overlooked? Tore it up this year shoe-in to be 1st Team All-State WR.

Heard Franklin and a Penn State entourage were in the Dome last weekend. Zembiac and Edwards lite up Saratoga 44-19.

Harvey had 16 carries for 130 yards.

Zembiac pass for 400 something and 4 TDs. Edwards had something like 256 and 3 TDs.

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/4715831/earnest-edwards

Amazed he hasn't gotten many looks. I think the only other school to offer him has been Wagner for football but that will change quick. He should blow up soon after last weekend. He had 288 yards receiving a fumble for a td and a pick. UB I'm pretty sure offered for track. He beat my team first game single handedly. He's one of those kids when you watch tape doesn't stick out like some others on their team but when he makes a play it's usually a big play. Kid is a pretty cover guy but lacks in fundamentals.

offer from UB...but is this kid getting overlooked? Tore it up this year shoe-in to be 1st Team All-State WR.

Heard Franklin and a Penn State entourage were in the Dome last weekend. Zembiac and Edwards lite up Saratoga 44-19.

Harvey had 16 carries for 130 yards.

Zembiac pass for 400 something and 4 TDs. Edwards had something like 256 and 3 TDs.

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/4715831/earnest-edwards

Yep. They showed Franklin on the Aquinas sideline during the broadcast. Didn't show any SU coaches there.

Yep. They showed Franklin on the Aquinas sideline during the broadcast. Didn't show any SU coaches there.

No surprise because Syracuse wasn't employing any coaches on Sunday.

Ive put Cuse on Earnest after his sophomore year. They saw good things from him in camp. They looked at him as a corner. Nothing materialized. He is a great DB. I am surprised he doesnt have more offers too. He has one from South Alabama, and Rhode island just offered him today.

Last edited:
I knew Rhode Island would end up offering him. I told my old coach about him when he was up visiting our practice earlier this year. Fleming can coach corners and has had lots of success over the years at the position. We're making a mistake not looking at him kid is a gamer.

Ive put Cuse on Earnest after his sophomore year. They saw good things from him in camp. They looked at him as a corner. Nothing materialized. He is a great DB. I am surprised he doesnt have more offers too. He has one from South Alabama, and Rhode island just offered him today.
Good student too. Was huge in the playoffs helping Aquinas win a state championship.

I bet he goes to UB and becomes a big star there. Not sure the old staff was outstanding at evaluating talent. They made a lot of gaffes over the years.

Good student too. Was huge in the playoffs helping Aquinas win a state championship.

I bet he goes to UB and becomes a big star there. Not sure the old staff was outstanding at evaluating talent. They made a lot of gaffes over the years.

giphy.gif

Old Dominion, Maine Sacred Heart, Albany have offered recently. If Im SU, I would take a chance with him. He is a great corner. He's about 5'9 1/2. but the kid can play.

I think Dino and crew want bigger corners. his height very likely would eliminate him from consideration by the staff, but the kid is a vey good player.

Old Dominion, Maine Sacred Heart, Albany have offered recently. If Im SU, I would take a chance with him. He is a great corner. He's about 5'9 1/2. but the kid can play.
At approximately 5' 10",if he has the requisite speed,I would go with him We had a CB with size and no kind of CB speed in Whigham so "size isn't the the big thing to look at IMO The ability to turn his hips and stay with and inside a WR's route is IMHO critical. The FS spot should be around 6-3 and have superior speed to cover the CB mistakes over the top.A FS with good football IQ should be able to pick off bad passes at a high rate per game at 1/g.That would be at listen that can alter a game's score in a positive way. All TOs via interception don't need to be pick- 6s to affect a game.

Congrats... Maine is getting one hardworking kid. I think he would have been able to contribute significantly at SU but he will do well at Maine.