Class of 2016 - WR Cedric Byrd (CA) | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 WR Cedric Byrd (CA)

Another good looking WR prospect from California!
New Orange Recruiting Territory:

USAOrangeRadialA.jpg

Pretty impressive that the new coaches have been able to get this trio to visit.

I believe it was Bailey posted that HCDB has a connection with the high school head coach. If that is the case things could get very interesting if they enjoy the trip to NY

I believe it was Bailey posted that HCDB has a connection with the high school head coach. If that is the case things could get very interesting if they enjoy the trip to NY

The high school coach is a former NFL tight end [one of those BIG guys playing the position, and like 275 pounds] who played with Babers at Hawaii, I believe.

Pretty impressive that the new coaches have been able to get this trio to visit.
Yes. The HS OC played for Babers at Arizona.

Also helps that Arizona wants to GreyShirt Riley per Bailey

Byrd is 5-9 145 and Riley 5-9 165. Bryd has no offers that I can find, Riley (O) Arizona, Nevada, SDU, Utah, Wyoming

Cooper is the big fish here.

http://sujuiceonline.com/2016/01/19...p-three-joshua-black-decommits-from-illinois/

California wide receiver Cedric Byrd recapped his Syracuse official visit over the weekend with At their request, this network is being blocked from this site.’s Mike McAllister. “I liked it a lot,” Byrd said. “The environment, just reminded me a lot of home, except for the cold. Except for the snow.” Byrd still doesn’t have an offer from Syracuse, but does hold an offer from Western New Mexico.

Under the radar wide receiver Cedric Byrd recaps Syracuse official

Yesterday at 11:15 PM
Cedric Byrd took an official visit to Syracuse over the weekend despite not having an offer. While he did not receive one during the trip, he still said the visit went very well.

"I liked it a lot," Byrd said. "The environment, just reminded me a lot of home, except for the cold. Except for the snow."

This was Byrd's first time seeing snow in person. He said it was beautiful and that he and his teammates also visiting (DeVaughn Cooper and Sean Riley) threw snowballs at each other a few times.

Byrd said he was hosted by defensive back Corey Winfield and linebacker Jonathan Thomas. Those two gave him a good feel for what it's like to be a football player at Syracuse.

"I talked to a couple of the DBs," Byrd said. "Like Corey. Then my main host got stuck on a plane, so I met him the second day. His name was JT, he plays linebacker. I liked all of the players. They were cool.

"They told me it's a different environment. They really like the new coaching staff coming in."

Despite enjoying the visit and things seemingly going well, an offer was not extended by the Orange. Byrd said he hopes to get a final word on that soon.

"They said they're interested a lot, but it's still up in the air," he said. "They said they'll let me know within the next week or so."

If an interest was extended, Syracuse would immediately become the favorite for his services.

"My interest would be high," Byrd said. "Very high."

Next up for Byrd is a visit to either Montana State or Nevada this coming weekend. He will also be hoping for an offer from either of those schools during the trip.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom