Class of 2021 - WR Colbie Young (Binghamton) Portal from Miami to Georgia | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2021 WR Colbie Young (Binghamton) Portal from Miami to Georgia

tino

Walk On
Colby Young from Binghamton NY an hour away wanted to play for Syracuse. 6'5 230lbs , last week was honored as best WR in the ACC. In an interview he said there was not much interest from Syracuse. Why was there no interest. We could have used him hugely...Gadson and YOUNG, could have been something...If he enters the portal Syracuse better not fail twice to grab him.

You can’t go back and say they should have had this guy or that guy. What was he rated at the time, who was on the roster, was there a spot even. I couldn‘t tell ya. Kids out perform thier ranking every day and you can go around the country blaming all the local teams that they should have gotten that kid because he’s really great now. Under The radar kids get missed all the time, it’s not bad coaching it’s just a fact.

Colby Young from Binghamton NY an hour away wanted to play for Syracuse. 6'5 230lbs , last week was honored as best WR in the ACC. In an interview he said there was not much interest from Syracuse. Why was there no interest. We could have used him hugely...Gadson and YOUNG, could have been something...If he enters the portal Syracuse better not fail twice to grab him.

He went to prep school before going to Miami

He didn’t have much interest from P5 D1 schools anywhere before prep

You can’t go back and say they should have had this guy or that guy. What was he rated at the time, who was on the roster, was there a spot even. I couldn‘t tell ya. Kids out perform thier ranking every day and you can go around the country blaming all the local teams that they should have gotten that kid because he’s really great now. Under The radar kids get missed all the time, it’s not bad coaching it’s just a fact.
Sorry. One hour away all state WR

I could do this for any number of players at every school. Recruiting isn’t an exact science. Why didn’t FSU, Florida and Miami not offer Mikel Jones?

Dino turned down a lot of NY recruits that regional scouts floated his way as names to pursue. This isn’t opinion. No idea if we ever get involved with this kid but that was a negative with the last staff.

Just shows that NYS may not be a hot bed for college ready football talent but there are enough kids here, if developed properly, can turn out like this. I feel like we’ve seen this a bunch of times. Why i never mind when we offer a kid from NYS. He may not be ready as a true freshman, but as a Rs Sophomore you may have something. This kid certainly had the measurable’s .

Dino turned down a lot of NY recruits that regional scouts floated his way as names to pursue. This isn’t opinion. No idea if we ever get involved with this kid but that was a negative with the last staff.

Fran is going to miss some NY'ers too. It isn't an easy thing to do evaluating some of these NY players.

Other than seeing a kid in camp how to you evaluate a kid from like Bing who plays mostly against less talented kids though?

He was All-state though

Other than seeing a kid in camp how to you evaluate a kid from like Bing who plays mostly against less talented kids though?

He was All-state though
Think he went JUCO before Miami

Reactions: CIL
Think he went JUCO before Miami
COLBIE YOUNG IN PORTAL FROM MIAMI TOP WR IN AC THIS YEAR
# 6'5 " 215 WR

i

The top uncommitted receiver in the transfer portal made official visits to Georgia and Penn State late last week, and he is also speaking with Wisconsin.

Next up for Miami transfer Colbie Young, who is still in Florida but hails from Binghamton, N.Y., is speaking with his family and then making a decision.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom