Class of 2018 - WR Cornelius McCoy (FL) Verbal to Purdue | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2018 WR Cornelius McCoy (FL) Verbal to Purdue

Crafy 2018 Wide Receiver Cornelius McCoy Serves up Top Three Schools
http://img.At their request, this network is being blocked from this site./sites/default/files/styles/author/public/avatar/1272352.jpg?w=50&h=50&faces=true
Corey Bender
12:04 PM
Multiple ACC schools highlight the top three list for 2018 Deerfield Beach (Fla.) wide receiver, Cornelius McCoy.

With a decision likely coming after the spring evaluation period, dynamic pass catcher Cornelius McCoy says a trio of suitors have distanced themselves from the rest of the pack.

McCoy, a three-star prospect at talent-rich Deerfield Beach (Fla.) High, checks in with scholarship offers from the likes of Iowa State, Syracuse, NC State, Rutgers and East Carolina.

"Syracuse is one, NC State is two, and East Carolina is third," McCoy said. "Those are my top three schools."

http://imgix.At their request, this network is being blocked from this site./160/1608854.jpg?w=200&h=200&fit=crop&crop=faces
Cornelius McCoy
Deerfield Beach HSDeerfield Beach, FL
5'10" / 168 lbs
  • Offers8

The 5-foot-10, 168-pound McCoy, who is in the midst of locking in a visit date with coach Dino Babers and the Orange, goes in-depth on each of the three schools absorbing his full attention heading into the spring.

Syracuse: "I like 'Cuse because they keep in touch with me. They love the way I play, and I love the way they run a passing offense. It's a good opportunity to go to New York and play in the cold, which is something I always wanted to do.

"It will feel good to put on that Orange. Orange is the new fast."

NC State: "The same with NC State. It's just another chance to play in the ACC, but what gets me the most about NC State is their coaches. They push their players to be great and the best they can be, and I need that.

"I try too hard to win the game, when I need to just play the game and have fun. I love the coaches."

East Carolina: "I like ECU because they come to the school to inquire about me. They are a passing team, and there's a better chance to play on the field and make a name for myself.

"They are humble in the game they play. They have a good chance for me."

McCoy is a big-play threat that can really make plays in space and rack up yardage in a hurry. He's also a willing blocker that flashes aggressiveness when latching onto his opponent.

McCoy shows that quick twitch and shoulder shake to distance himself from the defender, especially when accelerating off the line. McCoy is a crisp route-runner that does a good job of sticking his foot in the grass, but it's his ability after the catch that grasps your attention in a hurry.

Crafy 2018 Wide Receiver Cornelius McCoy Serves up Top Three Schools
http://img.At their request, this network is being blocked from this site./sites/default/files/styles/author/public/avatar/1272352.jpg?w=50&h=50&faces=true
Corey Bender
12:04 PM
Multiple ACC schools highlight the top three list for 2018 Deerfield Beach (Fla.) wide receiver, Cornelius McCoy.

With a decision likely coming after the spring evaluation period, dynamic pass catcher Cornelius McCoy says a trio of suitors have distanced themselves from the rest of the pack.

McCoy, a three-star prospect at talent-rich Deerfield Beach (Fla.) High, checks in with scholarship offers from the likes of Iowa State, Syracuse, NC State, Rutgers and East Carolina.

"Syracuse is one, NC State is two, and East Carolina is third," McCoy said. "Those are my top three schools."

http://imgix.At their request, this network is being blocked from this site./160/1608854.jpg?w=200&h=200&fit=crop&crop=faces
Cornelius McCoy
Deerfield Beach HSDeerfield Beach, FL
5'10" / 168 lbs
  • Offers8

The 5-foot-10, 168-pound McCoy, who is in the midst of locking in a visit date with coach Dino Babers and the Orange, goes in-depth on each of the three schools absorbing his full attention heading into the spring.

Syracuse: "I like 'Cuse because they keep in touch with me. They love the way I play, and I love the way they run a passing offense. It's a good opportunity to go to New York and play in the cold, which is something I always wanted to do.

"It will feel good to put on that Orange. Orange is the new fast."

NC State: "The same with NC State. It's just another chance to play in the ACC, but what gets me the most about NC State is their coaches. They push their players to be great and the best they can be, and I need that.

"I try too hard to win the game, when I need to just play the game and have fun. I love the coaches."

East Carolina: "I like ECU because they come to the school to inquire about me. They are a passing team, and there's a better chance to play on the field and make a name for myself.

"They are humble in the game they play. They have a good chance for me."

McCoy is a big-play threat that can really make plays in space and rack up yardage in a hurry. He's also a willing blocker that flashes aggressiveness when latching onto his opponent.

McCoy shows that quick twitch and shoulder shake to distance himself from the defender, especially when accelerating off the line. McCoy is a crisp route-runner that does a good job of sticking his foot in the grass, but it's his ability after the catch that grasps your attention in a hurry.
Smart man

Hudl says 5'11

it jumps out at me because it screams slot. Babers said he wants to get bigger at slot but if he can't he needs 'blurs'. Kid has to be fast.

it jumps out at me because it screams slot. Babers said he wants to get bigger at slot but if he can't he needs 'blurs'. Kid has to be fast.
kids 170 lbs and likely still growing. That's already a pretty solid base for a junior in high school. I think this would be a nice start to our 2018 WR class.

Looks like he might be a backup option for us.
Behind who? What are our top receiver targets in this class? Personally, I love Hendrix out of DC, and I think we have a chance at him.

Behind who? What are our top receiver targets in this class? Personally, I love Hendrix out of DC, and I think we have a chance at him.

No idea, but it looks like we are his only P5 offer at this point. I think he would take it if it were a commitable offer. I have no inside info/

Hendrix, Harrell and Oliver. Will be my guess

Why Harrell? Might not mean much but he measured 5-11.5 165 at a combine.

We've offered so many wideouts it's hard to guess what the pecking order is.

Last edited:
No idea, but it looks like we are his only P5 offer at this point. I think he would take it if it were a commitable offer. I have no inside info/
He was offered by NC State, Rutgers and Iowa State, they just aren't in his top 5.

Why Harrell? Might not mean much but he measured 5-11.5 165 at a combine.

We've offered so many wideouts it's hard to guess what the pecking order is.
Just from what I heard. He has elite speed. I think that's what the staff likes. Check his track times when you get a chance. Are the 4 star kids who have a bunch of major offers seriously considering us? You have to put more effort into the guys that want to be Orange. At the same time maintaining contact with the guys highest on the board.

Just from what I heard. He has elite speed. I think that's what the staff likes. Check his track times when you get a chance. Are the 4 star kids who have a bunch of major offers seriously considering us? You have to put more effort into the guys that want to be Orange. At the same time maintaining contact with the guys highest on the board.

I doubt the 4 stars are giving us much thought and I'm fine with that. I really have no idea who the guys highest on the board are. that's the question. We've seemingly offered north of 50 WR's and maybe a dozen or more over the past month. Was just curious why you pulled Harrell and even Oliver out of the air.

I doubt the 4 stars are giving us much thought and I'm fine with that. I really have no idea who the guys highest on the board are. that's the question. We've seemingly offered north of 50 WR's and maybe a dozen or more over the past month. Was just curious why you pulled Harrell and even Oliver out of the air.
It was a guess like I said. From twitter chatter

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom