Class of 2019 - WR Courtney Jackson (PA) SIGNED NLI TO SYRACUSE 12/19/18 | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2019 WR Courtney Jackson (PA) SIGNED NLI TO SYRACUSE 12/19/18

Bump. This was near the bottom of page 3. :rolleyes:
It happens...and will continue to happen. Especially when the coaches are out during an evaluation period and offering prospects for the next three classes.

Last edited:
It happens...and will continue to happen. Especially when the coaches are out during an evaluation period and offering prospects for the next three classes.
Maybe pin it then? Candidly, i could care less about an offer to a 2021 linebacker from texas who's other offers are Texas, Texas A&M, Alabama and USC. (not meant to be a slight against you)

Maybe pin it then? Candidly, i could care less about an offer to a 2021 linebacker from texas who's other offers are Texas, Texas A&M, Alabama and USC. (not meant to be a slight against you)
The problem is too many tacked threads and then folks are complaining about not being able to see/read the untacked threads. It will even itself out as more info about 2019s is posted and the coaches come back in from evaluation which ends this month. I'll post commits thread links in the Recruit offers thread...then y'all can find them easily.

The problem is too many tacked threads and then folks are complaining about not being able to see/read the untacked threads. It will even itself out as more info about 2019s is posted and the coaches come back in from evaluation which ends this month. I'll post commits thread links in the Recruit offers thread...then y'all can find them easily.

Went to check up on this one and had a hard time finding this thread as well so I'll give it bump.

Hey CL, I have an idea which might make it easier to find these guys. Is it possible to give committed players a new thread prefix? Instead of "Class of 2019" have another option for "Committed Class of 2019" then when we want to check on the class we can just click on the button and have it sorted that way. I could see it being it useful all year long not just now when things are clogged up. Whatcha think?

Went to check up on this one and had a hard time finding this thread as well so I'll give it bump.

Hey CL, I have an idea which might make it easier to find these guys. Is it possible to give committed players a new thread prefix? Instead of "Class of 2019" have another option for "Committed Class of 2019" then when we want to check on the class we can just click on the button and have it sorted that way. I could see it being it useful all year long not just now when things are clogged up. Whatcha think?

Or you could just do an advanced search for every thread tagged "2019 commit"

2019 commit

The prefix is the prefix. If you are looking for a commit you can also go to this tacked thread which has links for each commit.

Class of 2019 - Recruits and Offers

CuseLegacy and OrangeXtreme, those are both good options, thank you. I was originally looking at the 2019 scholly rundown and saw the names but no links to their threads. Now I see the link there and know I can go to the Recruits and Offers thread as well.

I can't thank you all enough for the amazing work done here. It's a crazy thread to keep maintained and somehow it gets done in what seems like real time. Best board in the ACC!

CuseLegacy and OrangeXtreme, those are both good options, thank you. I was originally looking at the 2019 scholly rundown and saw the names but no links to their threads. Now I see the link there and know I can go to the Recruits and Offers thread as well.

I can't thank you all enough for the amazing work done here. It's a crazy thread to keep maintained and somehow it gets done in what seems like real time. Best board in the ACC!
Thanks but everyone on here, in one way or another, contributes to the success of this forum.

Yeah, sometimes recruiting inflation is kind of self-affirming. I mean when was the last time Alabama recruited a 2-star and he remained a 2-star? Even the 'Cuse gets a little bump when we recruit a less heralded player, with the recruiting services rationalizing, "Well if P5 Syracuse went after him he must not be that bad. Let's giv'em a little uptick." I think this rationale is amplified with upper echelon teams.

Again, I have no empirical evidence for this kind of recruiting inflation, I just think it goes on.

Why Jackson seems to have slipped through the cracks I'll never know. And maybe that's a good thing. I don't want his profile raised any higher.

5'11 is pretty average for slot. He's already bigger than Riley, Nykeim, Phillips and Brisely. SU has brought in bigger slots last two cycles with Cooper and Jackson. I remember hearing RTB and Custis lining up there this spring.

Agreed. I wasn't saying it as negative. It typically is used against most these guys in recruiting however, I think he's a great grab and will fit in perfectly. Height isn't everything especially with how offenses have evolved. His speed and elusiveness are amazing. He just pulls away and shifts into another gear. Erv Phillips is who he reminds me of. Great pick up

Agreed. I wasn't saying it as negative. It typically is used against most these guys in recruiting however, I think he's a great grab and will fit in perfectly. Height isn't everything especially with how offenses have evolved. His speed and elusiveness are amazing. He just pulls away and shifts into another gear. Erv Phillips is who he reminds me of. Great pick up
I agree. He's a great fit for our system.

Just caught up with this commit. With his ability to change speeds, direction and then open it up and beats everyone to the house he and we will do very well with him at slot or another receiving position. Jackson is a mixture of Jawhar Jordan and Erv Philips, but Philips plus+ another gear. His posted 40 is 4.5 but he's faster than that. Jordan was a 4.37 and Jackson looks like he's almost in step with Jawhar. IMO he's a 4.4. and he catches the ball with his hands and brings it into his body every time. Also used because of his speed out of the backfield on runs (check his film). 96 catches – 1916yds – 24TDS, also rushed for 230 YDS and 3 TDS. For all of you questioning 5'11", 170 bet he'll be 6' 180 by the time he gets here. SU has a gem! GOSU :)

Last edited: