Class of 2014 - WR/DB Ryan Mayes (FL) Offered | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2014 WR/DB Ryan Mayes (FL) Offered

CuseLegacy

O/C&WR GURU G.U.M.P@COACH_T_Y7h
Miami Northwestern WR/DB Ryan Mayes just picked up his first offer from Syracuse University #BullPride

*Disclaimer..the OP can not verify the authenticity of this offer/visit.;)

Miami Northwestern WR/DB Ryan Mayes just picked up his first offer from Syracuse University #BullPride

I like that we are looking at secondary players with more height, Especially at the corner . I'm reminded Of Allen in our secondary who was about 6'1" and excellent speed. Put that size together with technique and you have yourself a big time presence back there.

I love the fact the head coach of Miami northwestern is Luther Campbell from 2 Live Crew. Awesome. Simply awesome.

Apparently tjhe Post Standard has done this verification and we seem to be very strong with Mayes.;)

Mayes committed to Miami this week after picking up an offer from camp.

I would've sworn he was a two star no offer kid when we got involved and now I see he's a high 3. Funny how that works.

I would've sworn he was a two star no offer kid when we got involved and now I see he's a high 3. Funny how that works.

Unfortunately the one big issue with recruiting FL is if one of the big 3 come calling, hard to blame the kid. Really hope we can seal the deal with a higher end prospect at some point over the next few weeks, could open the floodgates to guys on the fence.

Best chance we might have right now are that schools are filling up. go over to rovals and check team rankings. Check ou the numbers of commits schools are approaching- particularly schools we recruit against.

Things might not change until - as rob Moore pointed out today - kids think they're bigger than Syracuse.

Unfortunately the one big issue with recruiting FL is if one of the big 3 come calling, hard to blame the kid. Really hope we can seal the deal with a higher end prospect at some point over the next few weeks, could open the floodgates to guys on the fence.

Jeremy, I think Phat was referring to how much of a joke the "political" stars rankings work. As soon as schools with more subscribers get involved, rankings increase.
But you are right as well.

Best chance we might have right now are that schools are filling up. go over to rovals and check team rankings. Check ou the numbers of commits schools are approaching- particularly schools we recruit against.

Things might not change until - as rob Moore pointed out today - kids think here bigger than Syracuse.

I think your last sentence holds true especially for the top kids in NY. Its a bit frustrating that SU has zero chance with Holley or Samuels but not surprising. To me the class so far is a good one, all 3 star guys with good to great offers. Still we have lost a few battles against peer schools that I thought we would have a better against and it still seems this class is stuck in the mud so to speak. Some really nice gets so far but if we are honestly shooting for somewhere close to a top 25 class as Coach McDonald has indicated we have a really long way to go.

Jeremy, I think Phat was referring to how much of a joke the "political" stars rankings work. As soon as schools with more subscribers get involved, rankings increase.
But you are right as well.

No doubt Rocco I agree with his premise but I think Mayes was always cosidered better then a 2 star and the Miami offer proves that. Its always hard to get kids out of Florida especially early because your opening yourelf up to an offer from Miami/FSU which is usually the kiss of the death.

I think your last sentence holds true especially for the top kids in NY. Its a bit frustrating that SU has zero chance with Holley or Samuels but not surprising. To me the class so far is a good one, all 3 star guys with good to great offers. Still we have lost a few battles against peer schools that I thought we would have a better against and it still seems this class is stuck in the mud so to speak. Some really nice gets so far but if we are honestly shooting for somewhere close to a top 25 class as Coach McDonald has indicated we have a really long way to go.

We're not out of it with Holley..it's probably an uphill battle but SU is still in the mix

We're not out of it with Holley..it's probably an uphill battle but SU is still in the mix

I know we are still battling but trust me he is not coming here.

As far as the perception war ill be happy if we can finish north of 40.

I might sound like a broken record here but if we can do well in the ACC this season I really next think next year will take off. The only way to change perception is to win and to win some big games.

It's a pipe dream but if we can get to Clemson in the dome undefeated heads will start to turn.

I might sound like a broken record here but if we can do well in the ACC this season I really next think next year will take off. The only way to change perception is to win and to win some big games.

It's a pipe dream but if we can get to Clemson in the dome undefeated heads will start to turn.

Agree about having a good season but again its a catch 22. If SU has a great year offensively again will Mcdonald get poached, that would be a killer if he left as a lot of recruits love that guy.

What would really help this team is if we can develop another top tier recruiter along with Mcdonald, because Mcdonald is a rising star and I dont suspect he will be here more then 2-3 years at best. I hate to keep coming back to this but the NYC/NJ area needs to pick up, I know its a bit of a sore spot with a few posters but Moore really needs to show something on the recruiting trail soon or be shifted to a less competitive area. To say he isnt exactly lighting it up out there would be the understatement of the century.

We went into SEC country and beat Mizzou on PT Saturday Night! We handily beat a Louisville Team that destroyed another SEC power Florida! We had arguably one of the toughest schedules in non-conf last year. We were in every game last year and really got some terrible calls in the Cincy and NW games which should have been wins for us. (we should have been 10-3 last year, we were that good) We played USC and had it not been for all the big plays, we could have won it as it was still close. We were all over TV, I got to watch evrey game in Virginia with the exception of Stony Brook, who was on ESPN 3 and I watched it on my sons XBOX Live. We played against WV in a snow bowl game non the less, something evreyone likes to watch across the country, and beat Big 12 WV handily. In many games we were undesciplined and it cost us. IMO, its not wins, its not who you play that wins the recruiting battles. It is coaching and the trust these young men have in the relationships they build that win the majority of those battles. Winning is important, but not number 1 when a kid chooses the orange and blue. That is why, even though they have been slow out of the gate this year, that I beleive SS is building something special here.

I know we are still battling but trust me he is not coming here.
Yup. Not a chance. He might visit, say all the right things, but there's no way he ends up here.

Yup. Not a chance. He might visit, say all the right things, but there's no way he ends up here.

Just like Ishaq and OE, the staff can do everything correct and pull out all the stops and its just not going to be enough. These kind of recruits are goign to be an issue for Syracuse fball its just how it is.

Just like Ishaq and OE, the staff can do everything correct and pull out all the stops and its just not going to be enough. These kind of recruits are goign to be an issue for Syracuse fball its just how it is, currently.

Fixed.

Do you have any inside info or are you strongly assuming?

We went into SEC country and beat Mizzou on PT Saturday Night! We handily beat a Louisville Team that destroyed another SEC power Florida! We had arguably one of the toughest schedules in non-conf last year. We were in every game last year and really got some terrible calls in the Cincy and NW games which should have been wins for us. (we should have been 10-3 last year, we were that good) We played USC and had it not been for all the big plays, we could have won it as it was still close. We were all over TV, I got to watch evrey game in Virginia with the exception of Stony Brook, who was on ESPN 3 and I watched it on my sons XBOX Live. We played against WV in a snow bowl game non the less, something evreyone likes to watch across the country, and beat Big 12 WV handily. In many games we were undesciplined and it cost us. IMO, its not wins, its not who you play that wins the recruiting battles. It is coaching and the trust these young men have in the relationships they build that win the majority of those battles. Winning is important, but not number 1 when a kid chooses the orange and blue. That is why, even though they have been slow out of the gate this year, that I beleive SS is building something special here.

At the end of the day were 8-5 not 10-3. We had huge MO that wouldve carried over this season but then our staff was cleaned out. Complete overhaul. Now kids will take a wait and see approach again.