Class of 2021 - DB Tyreek Chappell (PA) Staying at Texas A&M | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2021 DB Tyreek Chappell (PA) Staying at Texas A&M

Guess I’ll move him off the visit list for this weekend. Oh well.

This would be a bummer. At one point I REALLY wanted him or Harris to be a talented vet as our top cb. Now we better get Humes to at least have a couple CBs with top talent.
Screenshot_20240117_034350_X.jpg

"This would be a bummer. At one point I REALLY wanted him or Harris to be a talented vet as our top cb. Now we better get Humes to at least have a couple CBs with top talent."

Come on, lets pump the brakes here with these type of expectations. Getting carried away here

"This would be a bummer. At one point I REALLY wanted him or Harris to be a talented vet as our top cb. Now we better get Humes to at least have a couple CBs with top talent."

Come on, lets pump the brakes here with these type of expectations. Getting carried away here
Huh? Saying I hoped we'd get a guy we had a direct coaching tie with and who had scheduled a visit here is somehow an absurd hope? It's a bummer... not the end of our chances this year.

Huh? Saying I hoped we'd get a guy we had a direct coaching tie with and who had scheduled a visit here is somehow an absurd hope? It's a bummer... not the end of our chances this year.
"Now we better get Humes to at least have a couple CBs with top talent."

As I said, Pump the brakes. You want to recruit with the big boys you are going to lose plenty of battles but statements like this quite frankly are ludicrous, IMO.

Earlier post of yours

"I want Harris and Chappel covering the outside next year very badly. With Barnes and Humes getting a ton of time. Forgive me while I drool."

Oh is that all? get serious here. You sound like the girl from Willie Wonka movie

I WANT IT NOW!!

Last edited:

As I said, Pump the brakes. You want to recruit with the big boys you are going to lose plenty of battles but statements like this quite frankly are ludicrous, IMO.

Earlier post of yours

"I want Harris and Chappel covering the outside next year very badly. With Barnes and Humes getting a ton of time. Forgive me while I drool."

Oh is that all? get serious here. You sound like the girl from Willie Wonka movie

I WANT IT NOW!!
My God man, it's a football recruiting board. Again, we aren't talking pie in the sky players we have no shot with. Players we have direct links with who had visits scheduled. If you are so pathetic you believe we have no shot at any players, even if we get them on campus, why bother even discussing it? Let me clear it up for you. Yes, I want every really good player we have a real chance to get. I will be happy when we get some. I will be mildly disappointed when inevitably we don't get others. Every, single, time. It's part of the fun of following the sport. Maybe you just woke up on the wrong side of your pad this morning. But if your only reason to make a post is to cr@p on someone else. Feel free to save it.

Earlier post of yours

I WANT IT NOW!!
IMG_6582.jpeg

My God man, it's a football recruiting board. Again, we aren't talking pie in the sky players we have no shot with. Players we have direct links with who had visits scheduled. If you are so pathetic you believe we have no shot at any players, even if we get them on campus, why bother even discussing it? Let me clear it up for you. Yes, I want every really good player we have a real chance to get. I will be happy when we get some. I will be mildly disappointed when inevitably we don't get others. Every, single, time. It's part of the fun of following the sport. Maybe you just woke up on the wrong side of your pad this morning. But if your only reason to make a post is to cr@p on someone else. Feel free to save it.
whatever, have fun!

We got Marcellus Barnes, Duce back, reports of Devin Grant going to CB and don't sleep on Ibn McDaniels. McDaniels is a 6'3" kid that reportedly runs a 4.4 40. If those numbers are real, he could be special. Barnes was a high school All American, Duce did very well against ACC competition and Grant was highly sought after in the portal.

So who plays alongside Clark in that scenario?
Clark, Barron, Gould, Jalil Martin, Cornell Perry, Haile are all safties. Likely a current WR converting to safety this off season as well. We have the bodies. Obviously Clark, Barron and Gould are the only ones with real experience. But I can see one of Martin, Perry and Haile stepping up to make an impact this year too, to go with Barron, Clark and Gould as the main rotation. I’m also not 100% sold Grant is moving to corner either tbh

Clark, Barron, Gould, Jalil Martin, Cornell Perry, Haile are all safties. Likely a current WR converting to safety this off season as well. We have the bodies. Obviously Clark, Barron and Gould are the only ones with real experience. But I can see one of Martin, Perry and Haile stepping up to make an impact this year too, to go with Barron, Clark and Gould as the main rotation. I’m also not 100% sold Grant is moving to corner either tbh
Gill?

Earlier post of yours

I WANT IT NOW!!
But we do want it now

I saw people on X making posts, tagging Fran Brown, and then having a bunch of Cuse twitter fans commenting on Alabama’s starting LT and overall #1 player at his position, Kadyn Proctor. Absolutely no ties to Syracuse. People are definitely getting a bit out of control. Here is the kid.

I saw people on X making posts, tagging Fran Brown, and then having a bunch of Cuse twitter fans commenting on Alabama’s starting LT and overall #1 player at his position, Kadyn Proctor. Absolutely no ties to Syracuse. People are definitely getting a bit out of control. Here is the kid.

Yeah they are - love the excitement and passion but you at least have to go through the process to see if there is any reasonable conclusions to jump to. It's why you see me posting guys before the new staff offered that we end up pursuing, Galloway, Mazzcua, Wallace-Coleman etc. Some of these players being selectively linked to us by Twitter posters are pipe dreams.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom