Class of 2019 - WR Demarcus Harris (FL) Portal from Kentucky | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2019 WR Demarcus Harris (FL) Portal from Kentucky

Last year we didn't get any verbals in the month of July...but did get six in August (only one of those never made it to campus). It's early.

Cuse will get its receivers. Thought we might have him since bnoro mentioned fireworks, but we'll get 2 more this cycle before it's over. Too bad about Harris

fellas, they win more than we do. Its that simple. If we had back to back 7-6 seasons we would be passing on this guy and signing 4 star WR's.

Good luck to him. He better make the most of every touch he gets. With 20 targets a year he’ll need to.

fellas, they win more than we do. Its that simple. If we had back to back 7-6 seasons we would be passing on this guy and signing 4 star WR's.
Spot on...HCDFB has allot of good things going but needs wins...

This is a pretty poor recruiting loss IMO. A quality 3-star WR prospect we have been on for a while, not good to see him choose Kentucky over Cuse. Any guesses on who Kentucky's most recent 1,000 yard receiver is? 2010 season, in the NFL now.

EDIT-- Answer: Randall Cobb

Congrats to DeMarcus. He must be one of those rare breed WRs that hates to catch the ball and loves to block. If he keeps this bizarre commitment, he will no doubt become an expert blocker. He will however also have no chance to be an All American, no chance to be All SEC and no chance to play on Sundays.

Congrats to DeMarcus. He must be one of those rare breed WRs that hates to catch the ball and loves to block. If he keeps this bizarre commitment, he will no doubt become an expert blocker. He will however also have no chance to be an All American, no chance to be All SEC and no chance to play on Sundays.

This is a pretty poor recruiting loss IMO. A quality 3-star WR prospect we have been on for a while, not good to see him choose Kentucky over Cuse. Any guesses on who Kentucky's most recent 1,000 yard receiver is? 2010 season, in the NFL now.

EDIT-- Answer: Randall Cobb

Maybe he likes bowl games. They've been the last 2 years. SU has had 1,000 yard receivers the past 2 years and watched bowl games instead of playing in them. Would have liked him in orange, but being beaten out by a peer school shouldn't be shocking to anyone.

Maybe he likes bowl games. They've been the last 2 years. SU has had 1,000 yard receivers the past 2 years and watched bowl games instead of playing in them. Would have liked him in orange, but being beaten out by a peer school shouldn't be shocking to anyone.

Yes and neither of our 1000 yard receivers got drafted. Time to start making bowl games and time to start sending players to the NFL on a consistent basis. I need to look it up but I am guessing Kansas and Oregon State are the only other P5 team to miss 4 straight bowls.

If he likes bowl games, he shouldn’t go to Kentucky. They have been to 2 since 2010, the same as Syracuse.

Pass attempts per game:

Syracuse 4th 45.1
Kentucky 107th 25.5

Completions per Game:

Syracuse 7th 25.7
Kentucky 96th 15.0

Passing Yards per Game:

Syracuse 25th 282.5
Kentucky 98th 184.8

Kentucky is a good place to consider if you are a RB. You would be hard pressed to find P5 programs with less opportunity to get touches as a WR.

These two programs are on opposite sides of the passing bell curve.

College Football Stats - College FB Team Pass Attempts per Game on TeamRankings.com

Wait, you're knocking them for getting to a bowl game and having a winning record?

Ah yeah I am. Especially when people think Dino sb on the hot seat. And my bad it’s been 6 years. But why don’t you go back to your circle jerk buttgers board

Kentucky Wildcats (Southeastern Conference) (2013–present)
2013 Kentucky 2–10 0–8
2014 Kentucky 5–7 2–6
2015 Kentucky 5–7 2–6
2016 Kentucky 7–6 4–4 L TaxSlayer
2017 Kentucky 7–6 4–4 L Music City

I’m blown away

Ah yeah I am. Especially when people think Dino sb on the hot seat. And my bad it’s been 6 years. But why don’t you go back to your circle jerk buttgers board

2013 Kentucky 2–10 0–8
2014 Kentucky 5–7 2–6
2015 Kentucky 5–7 2–6

I’m blown away
Why? I like it here.

Since when has logic ever gone hand in hand with recruiting? Maybe this young man liked the coaches, maybe his parents went there, maybe his girlfriend is there, maybe he likes the facilities, maybe he likes their uniforms, maybe they are looking to run a new offense...there are lots of reasons why a young man or lady selects a school no matter the sport and sometimes those reasons don’t follow a linear, rational formula that fans prefer. Good luck to young Mr Harris and moving on...

Yeah, not sure this one makes sense. I think there are only a handful of schools that would be better for a WR.

Since when has logic ever gone hand in hand with recruiting? Maybe this young man liked the coaches, maybe his parents went there, maybe his girlfriend is there, maybe he likes the facilities, maybe he likes their uniforms, maybe they are looking to run a new offense...there are lots of reasons why a young man or lady selects a school no matter the sport and sometimes those reasons don’t follow a linear, rational formula that fans prefer. Good luck to young Mr Harris and moving on...
And nothing is solid in a commitment until they sign that LOI in December or February. That goes for every verbal whether it is to SU or another school. Things change. Recruiting is fluid.

Sure he'd get more touches here but records show Kentucky is trending in a better direction than we are right now. And even at a basketball school, the average attendance at Kentucky would more than fill up the Dome. I like Dino and think we're going to get there, but seems silly to be talking down other schools at this point.

2013 Kentucky 2–10 0–8
2014 Kentucky 5–7 2–6
2015 Kentucky 5–7 2–6

I’m blown away

I understand your whole "7-6 is their ceiling" argument ... but 7-6 with bowl games the last two years is what this board is dying for. Weird argument to make. Syracuse has to make a bowl this year.

I understand your whole "7-6 is their ceiling" argument ... but 7-6 with bowl games the last two years is what this board is dying for. Weird argument to make. Syracuse has to make a bowl this year.

It's not an argument. Stoops is going on 7 years there. His best year is 7-6. He's 26-36. He's squarely on the hot seat.

They're not up and coming. They're mediocre, and Stoops won't be around much longer. There was talk of him leaving last year.

I think the hangup is the history. Outside of an unrecognized and contestable claim to the 1950 National Championship with Bear Bryant as the coach, they have been mediocre at best and bad at worst. They have produced a player here or there, like Randal Cobb, but are just as known for Jared Lorenzen. They are sub .500 all time and sub .500 in bowl games. We have actually seen our team succeed in most of our lifetimes. We flourished between 1987 and 1997. This is why people can't get their heads around this and why they can't see UK as a football peer. It is almost impossible for us as fans to see UK ever getting more than 7 wins because they don't have much history of doing so. That is where we as fans are both right and wrong. Recent history in the eyes of recruits and pundits doesn't go back more than 5 years. They are more successful over the last five years than us, (26-36 them vs 22-39 us) despite all that past, and a current head coach still under .500 himself. Take out Stoops and Shafer's first year, and it actually gets worse for SU (24-26 them vs 15-33 us). The fact that we may have stopped the bleeding is a good sign for us, but they are past that and on to healing.

Laughing at the posts mocking bnoro.

Recruitments fluid, any number of things could have changed since he got his info. Even our most valuable sources that choose to post here end up missing sometimes. Summers still early, we’ve been here before.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom