Class of 2019 - WR Demarcus Harris (FL) Portal from Kentucky | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2019 WR Demarcus Harris (FL) Portal from Kentucky

Maybe it's not history, system, or coach. Maybe he likes the school, the state, the facilities, the coeds. Maybe his family is really pushing him in that direction. Heck, it's the dream! He said it himself. Let the kid have his decision. It's fine

And nothing is solid in a commitment until they sign that LOI in December or February. That goes for every verbal whether it is to SU or another school. Things change. Recruiting is fluid.
Very true..

I think the hangup is the history. Outside of an unrecognized and contestable claim to the 1950 National Championship with Bear Bryant as the coach, they have been mediocre at best and bad at worst. They have produced a player here or there, like Randal Cobb, but are just as known for Jared Lorenzen. They are sub .500 all time and sub .500 in bowl games. We have actually seen our team succeed in most of our lifetimes. We flourished between 1987 and 1997. This is why people can't get their heads around this and why they can't see UK as a football peer. It is almost impossible for us as fans to see UK ever getting more than 7 wins because they don't have much history of doing so. That is where we as fans are both right and wrong. Recent history in the eyes of recruits and pundits doesn't go back more than 5 years. They are more successful over the last five years than us, (26-36 them vs 22-39 us) despite all that past, and a current head coach still under .500 himself. Take out Stoops and Shafer's first year, and it actually gets worse for SU (24-26 them vs 15-33 us). The fact that we may have stopped the bleeding is a good sign for us, but they are past that and on to healing.

I mean I get all that - but for a kid to pick Kentucky over Syracuse is weird to me looking at receiver stats but the last two years they've made bowls, we haven't. Oh well

again, fellas, there's lots of reasons he could have chose Kentucky. I'm just pointing out the one that is effecting us with most with all our targets. We have to win this season. We have to at least show that we are heading in the right direction Kentucky is showing that more than we are. Its about recency with today's kids. Not what happened back in the day. Their staff is selling the fact theyve had back to back winning seasons. Im sure they told him he's the WR theyve been waiting for to improve the passing game. Kentucky got a 4 star instate WR to commit the other day. He was convinced also

EDIT You can only believe without evidence for so long.

again, fellas, there's lots of reasons he could have chose Kentucky. I'm just pointing out the one that is effecting us with most with all our targets. We have to win this season. We have to at least show that we are heading in the right direction Kentucky is showing that more than we are. Its about recency with today's kids. Not what happened back in the day. Their staff is selling the fact theyve had back to back winning seasons. Im sure they told him he's the WR theyve been waiting for to improve the passing game. Kentucky got a 4 star instate WR to commit the other day. He was convinced also

The evidence is there for anyone willing and able to see it. Prior to Dungey getting hurt. If the staff can’t persuade kids of that truth, then we need new recruiters.

I still believe, and I think there has been evidence. Unfortunately, our starting QB has been injured multiple times and the depth of our team has sucked -- which is not on Babers.

Evidence doesn't need to be a bowl for me. Though this year, it should be. If we don't make a bowl this year, then I'll start wondering.

The evidence is there for anyone willing and able to see it. Prior to Dungey getting hurt. If the staff can’t persuade kids of that truth, then we need new recruiters.

seriously? how about the evidence that we have been irrelevant for the last 15 years? Or that only Kansas and Oregon State have missed a bowl the last 4 years like we have? The fact that the staff pulled in the class they did for 2018 tells you how good they are at recruiting. Bottom line is kids are waiting to see us take the next step. Yeah, before Dungey got hurt we were clearly better, but we still ended up 4-8. Plenty of time in the 2019 recruiting cycle as is, and plenty of time to show on the field that we are getting better.

I still believe, and I think there has been evidence. Unfortunately, our starting QB has been injured multiple times and the depth of our team has sucked -- which is not on Babers.

Evidence doesn't need to be a bowl for me. Though this year, it should be. If we don't make a bowl this year, then I'll start wondering.
??? Im talking about the prospects and their thought process. Not us.

??? Im talking about the prospects and their thought process. Not us.

I feel like beating the #2 team in the country is better than 7-6, but that’s just me. I’m just saying overall there is evidence. Plus that’s the sell to recruits - it works, we just need you to play early to help us.

I feel like beating the #2 team in the country is better than 7-6, but that’s just me. I’m just saying overall there is evidence. Plus that’s the sell to recruits - it works, we just need you to play early to help us.
How do you know what works for each particular prospect? Again, Im not talking fan prospective and how we personally feel about a big upset win. We see enough evidence because we know our team and the strides weve made in recruiting etc.. I'm talking about the way kids think these days and what they think of SU? Going 4-8 last two years is what they see. Yes Clemson and VT wins help but it only helps for so long. We have to start getting to bowl games.

Laughing at the posts mocking bnoro.

Recruitments fluid, any number of things could have changed since he got his info. Even our most valuable sources that choose to post here end up missing sometimes. Summers still early, we’ve been here before.

When Noro posted this, Harris was Orange. Kentucky closed very hard
Surprising. Wonder what changed from last week. Hands up, got this one wrong.

On to the next one.

I don't think you got anything wrong. He was Orange when he left campus. Something changed within the week, because a lot of people, both on and off, were under the impression he was Orange.

Be
When Noro posted this, Harris was Orange. Kentucky closed very hard

I don't think you got anything wrong. He was Orange when he left campus. Something changed within the week, because a lot of people, both on and off, were under the impression he was Orange.
Betcha people around him got in his head ...if it's the case as you say

This is a pretty poor recruiting loss IMO. A quality 3-star WR prospect we have been on for a while, not good to see him choose Kentucky over Cuse. Any guesses on who Kentucky's most recent 1,000 yard receiver is? 2010 season, in the NFL now.

EDIT-- Answer: Randall Cobb

Yes, i agree. There is this attitude on the board that every kid that commits elsewhere wasn't a priority or we can do better. Then, commits are hailed. Can't have it both ways. We are missing out on some key kids and losing a wr to Kentucky is up there with losing one to BC.

Beating Clemson was big but some want to see more performance across the board. I dont buy that recruits are waiting for us ti win. I know a few kids going D1 and remember my own recruitment. Early playing time, the school, facilities, coach relationships were way bigger priorities than winning records.

This is just straight up random (totally random) curiosity...how do Kentucky's fans feel about Nike and their uniforms? Anyone?

This is just straight up random (totally random) curiosity...how do Kentucky's fans feel about Nike and their uniforms? Anyone?

Nike has kept the spirit of the Kentucky blue and their unis are sweet. Simple and all about that bold beautiful Kentucky blue;)

I agree, 60% of FBS makes bowls. This whole idea about make a bowl and these recruits will start jumping is comical. Its still about the kids relationship with his recruiter, his love and feel for the school and academics, his fit into the offensive system, and early PT. the system is proven and we dont need a 10-3 season to validate it. Ww lose kids daily to programs that are mid level programs in the same boat. One thing that scares me is the fact AET put up huge numbers in the "system " and didn't get a sniff. Hopefully, these kids aren't getting labeled as system guys. And hopefully our system isn't looked down upon by the pros.

I agree, 60% of FBS makes bowls. This whole idea about make a bowl and these recruits will start jumping is comical. Its still about the kids relationship with his recruiter, his love and feel for the school and academics, his fit into the offensive system, and early PT. the system is proven and we dont need a 10-3 season to validate it. Ww lose kids daily to programs that are mid level programs in the same boat. One thing that scares me is the fact AET put up huge numbers in the "system " and didn't get a sniff. Hopefully, these kids aren't getting labeled as system guys. And hopefully our system isn't looked down upon by the pros.

If you’re not NFL good I’d rather put up huge numbers than not. AET could’ve stayed at MD, caught 20 balls and not gotten a sniff either.

If you’re not NFL good I’d rather put up huge numbers than not. AET could’ve stayed at MD, caught 20 balls and not gotten a sniff either.
Absolutely. When you look at it that way, Syracuse got AET a look when he wouldn't have even gotten a sniff at MD. But it still sucks that he wasn't even drafted. But you can almost understand it when NFL scouts only see one year of production and then the kid had an injured hand at the combine

Sure he'd get more touches here but records show Kentucky is trending in a better direction than we are right now. And even at a basketball school, the average attendance at Kentucky would more than fill up the Dome. I like Dino and think we're going to get there, but seems silly to be talking down other schools at this point.

Don’t be fooled by there attendance numbers. Their stadium gets packed by Whoever they’re playing in the SEC.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom