Class of 2016 - WR Devin Butler (MD) SIGNED LOI | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 WR Devin Butler (MD) SIGNED LOI

Here you have a kid who was forced to play QB in HS who is going to be converted to WR at the college level. 6'0 185 pounds. Looks like a terrific athlete with serious speed. I think he is a good example of the staff trying to add more speed to the team, even if it requires taking on a bit of a project. Looks like a good gamble to me.

Frederick Douglass HS was a place we used to recruit regularly when Chris White was on the staff and we still payed attention to the DC metro area. We took Quinton Brown and Matt Reid from there in the somewhere 2000-2008 time frame, probably others before them. They won state championships in football and track in 2014. Really good program.

Its going to be crazy wondering which position he will be play.

How tall is this kid? I've seen him listed at 6' and 6'3? Big difference there.

After reading his"View on web", a poster on the bottom mention this, "Speaking of Maryland, have Reno and Dino reached out to Terrell Hall?" He is a top prospect and we have a glaring hole at DE he'd step right into. Has anyone heard of this kid and how can someone get his name to the coaches? Just thought I would throw this out.

After reading his"View on web", a poster on the bottom mention this, "Speaking of Maryland, have Reno and Dino reached out to Terrell Hall?" He is a top prospect and we have a glaring hole at DE he'd step right into. Has anyone heard of this kid and how can someone get his name to the coaches? Just thought I would throw this out.

Hall is an elite recruit with offers from everybody. Not the type of prospect we can jump in late and steal.

Here you have a kid who was forced to play QB in HS who is going to be converted to WR at the college level. 6'0 185 pounds. Looks like a terrific athlete with serious speed. I think he is a good example of the staff trying to add more speed to the team, even if it requires taking on a bit of a project. Looks like a good gamble to me.

Frederick Douglass HS was a place we used to recruit regularly when Chris White was on the staff and we still payed attention to the DC metro area. We took Quinton Brown and Matt Reid from there in the somewhere 2000-2008 time frame, probably others before them. They won state championships in football and track in 2014. Really good program.
brown in 2004, reid in 2007, zack stewart in 2007.. i dont seen any others from Douglas.. we have had some good players from MD over the years but not a ton.

Hall is going to Maryland or Alabama. He's at the same school that Casamento just got the head football job at.
Is that good for who, that Casamento is the coach there?

Just saying it's not a bad thing that Casamento is the head coach at a big school in DC who is backed by Under Armour CEO. I'm sure Maryland will get the majority of the blue chip guys but it's good to have someone like Cas there who has put quite a few guys at SU in the past.

Just saying it's not a bad thing that Casamento is the head coach at a big school in DC who is backed by Under Armour CEO. I'm sure Maryland will get the majority of the blue chip guys but it's good to have someone like Cas there who has put quite a few guys at SU in the past.
Thats good for us then, glad to hear this, I didn't know the coach so I thought I would ask.

He was the CBA coach locally for over 15 years went to Saint Johns College Prep in DC area this past year as the o coordinator and was just given the head coaching job there last week. His team plays in the major conference there that has a ton of talent every year.

Wow,it could be a beginning to opening a pipeline to Central NY. I hear there is top talent in MD.

He was the CBA coach locally for over 15 years went to Saint Johns College Prep in DC area this past year as the o coordinator and was just given the head coaching job there last week. His team plays in the major conference there that has a ton of talent every year.
Big fan of Joe, I took my team to his college prep camp for years. Very knowledgeable. Great speaker. Rochester guys use to bring him here to speak at clinics all the time. Great man, He will do well down there.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom