Class of 2022 - WR Donovan Brown (MD) SIGNED NLI TO SYRACUSE 12/15/21 | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2022 WR Donovan Brown (MD) SIGNED NLI TO SYRACUSE 12/15/21

Let us not forget that 2020 was a crazy year. Looks like his high school only played two games in the spring. There were no camps last summer either. There are thousands of good players who will be seniors this year who haven’t even played a varsity game yet. Is this kid good? I have no idea but if the staff saw him in person I think they have a pretty good idea.

I think Cuse generally has had a good hit rate with unknown guys they got to see in person. If a solid position coach like Samuel sees something then I will trust it.
Well at the very least you’ll definitely get one thing right - he’s certainly unknown.

Going to be a lot of swings and misses this year due to COVID but also a lot of pleasant surprises, too. I expect a lot of heavy recruiting action this fall as guys suit up again and some gems get discovered. Huge advantage to seeing kids in person and working out. Seems unlikely it'd be a plan d at this point -- that's a huge stretch given timing and what's happened over past 18 months with COVID.

Going to be a lot of swings and misses this year due to COVID but also a lot of pleasant surprises, too. I expect a lot of heavy recruiting action this fall as guys suit up again and some gems get discovered. Huge advantage to seeing kids in person and working out. Seems unlikely it'd be a plan d at this point -- that's a huge stretch given timing and what's happened over past 18 months with COVID.

good point. And after our WR haul last year I don't think we're exactly handing out offers yet to D Listers. (and not all offers are created equal.) We'll see who gets official offers pretty soon.

good point. And after our WR haul last year I don't think we're exactly handing out offers yet to D Listers. (and not all offers are created equal.) We'll see who gets official offers pretty soon.
Should be seeing written offer posts on Sunday, 8/1.

Thought the same. Our staff has a pretty good track record of identifying kids earlier than other programs too. So I'm going to give them the benefit of the doubt on this one.

Welcome Donovan,

1628160350326.png

Always good to have a Donovan lined up on offense for the Orange!

Plan b, c, d, in Sept.? That isn't the way it works. They see a big kid that runs fast. We should take shots at kids like this.
In all fairness the recruiting cycle timeline has moved up dramatically. September used to still be relatively early in the cycle. It isn’t now. A number of programs are virtually done recruiting for this class. That was never the case 10 years ago.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom