Class of 2019 - WR Donte Banton (FL) Offered | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2019 WR Donte Banton (FL) Offered

'19 Florida WR Donte Banton Discusses New Offer from Iowa | HawkeyeNation

It makes sense that prospects look at how a college develops players at their position. Improvement is the goal.
A smart recruit digs deep into how that progression might happen. Donte Banton is one of them.
The Class of 2019 South Florida receiver focuses on what he’d be facing in practice. In Iowa, he sees a secondary that would challenge him every practice.
“They have physical defensive backs I’d be willing to compete with and would look forward going against so we all could get better,” Banton told HN.

Banton (6-1.5, 180) began his high school career at Fort Lauderdale Boyd Anderson High. He’s since moved to Deerfield Beach.
Following a spring workout this week, Banton found out the Hawkeyes were offering him a scholarship. Receivers coach Kelton Copeland visited the school.
“My coach told me they were at our practice. He said they wanted me. It was very exciting,” Banton said.
Banton would like to check out Iowa.

“I most definitely want to visit. Whenever the coaches tell me to come on a visit, I’ll be more than happy to come,” he said.
In addition to seeing what the football program has to offer, Banton is interested in learning about the Engineering program. That’s a must at the school he chooses.

“My pops studied Engineering back in college and I know a lot about it. I like it because there’s a lot of team work like in football,” he said. “I also like competing on the field and in the classroom. I love competition.”
Banton is open to moving away from Florida for college. In fact, he looks at it as a growth opportunity.

“It would be a good experience being away from home. It would feel good. I’d eventually get used to it,” he said
Banton has plenty of time to decide where he’ll attend college. Half of his high school career remains.

“I’m only a sophomore. My junior year is when I will be making my decision,” he said.
Like Iowa, Kentucky offered Banton a scholarship this week. He also reported opportunities from Pittsburgh, Florida Atlantic and Southern Mississippi.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom