Class of 2017 - WR Eddie Lewis (NJ) Portal from Memphis to S. Carolina | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2017 WR Eddie Lewis (NJ) Portal from Memphis to S. Carolina

It was not to long ago that the conversation(in this thread or TDs) was around the strong relationship between TD and Lewis...I would not under estimate that in this process...if he still has an offer on the table I could very easily see Lewis go in the direction of Cuse...the question I agree is whether we are taking another WR now or in this class...

Rutgers is done with recruiting the WRs for the 2017 class. Lewis is friends with DeVito. Guess what. Picture Lewis in Orange.

I want to say Cuse

I really want to

But I think it is RU

If it comes down to Lewis and Russell Thompson Bishop, I believe the staff would pick RTB... and as I said in a earlier post that would be my pick also. jmo

Hoping RTB picks Cuse. Like his speed.

Eddie 4.88 "verified"
RTB 4.46 in front of the coaches

not sure if RU has the room but wouldnt mind if he ends up in our class..his cousin Shameen Jones might've taken the last spot for a WR in our class after running a 4.4 in our camp. Many seem to point to eddie's 4.8 40 time as a reason the staff mightve gone with shameen and the other kid who got an offer in our camp (Hayek- also ran a 4.4 laser time)
SU staff have put an emphasis on speed at the WR position too. All of the other WR commits thus far are fast. If Cuse was to accept Lewis offer that will tell me the 4.8 40 time was just a bad day. When I look at Lewis's soph/jr film it is obvious thats he's faster than a 4.8.

Someone on here said they thought we would take both if they committed, but I think Whitey 23 may be right ,Lewis going to Indiana.:noidea:

SB: What happened with (your friend) Eddie Lewis and Syracuse?

TD: I was told that it was between him and Russell Thompson-Bishop. That's what Eddie told me. He told me that he was told to wait and see what that kid does, and he wasn't too fond of that. So I guess he thought he was behind (Thompson-Bishop) so he told me ahead of time, before Russell committed, that he probably was not going to commit because he doesn't want to be second to anybody.

Q&A: Syracuse football QB commit Tommy DeVito on The Opening, Victor Cruz and recruiting

SB: What happened with (your friend) Eddie Lewis and Syracuse?

TD: I was told that it was between him and Russell Thompson-Bishop. That's what Eddie told me. He told me that he was told to wait and see what that kid does, and he wasn't too fond of that. So I guess he thought he was behind (Thompson-Bishop) so he told me ahead of time, before Russell committed, that he probably was not going to commit because he doesn't want to be second to anybody.

Q&A: Syracuse football QB commit Tommy DeVito on The Opening, Victor Cruz and recruiting

well there you have it. Coaches preferred RTB in the pecking order.

Im hearing rutgers cancelled his visit for this weekend. They are full at WR too. Classic case of waiting to long and overplaying his value. Hopefully Indiana still has a spot for him or he can just have a killer season and get bigger offers.

Im hearing rutgers cancelled his visit for this weekend. They are full at WR too. Classic case of waiting to long and overplaying his value. Hopefully Indiana still has a spot for him or he can just have a killer season and get bigger offers.
Word is he tried to commit to RU last night and the coaches told him no thanks and uninvited him from the recruiting BBQ this weekend

Word is he tried to commit to RU last night and the coaches told him no thanks and uninvited him from the recruiting BBQ this weekend

Wow. That has to hurt.

Cold

It appears Lewis waited too long and his first 2 choices of RU and Syracuse filled their WR classes, he will most likely wind up at Indiana. A gorgeous campus in a beautiful town, but probably not his first or second choice.

Thats sad. Whats makes it even worse is that his cousin took his spot. Shameen Jones

If he could've committed when Tommy did, that is sad...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom