Class of 2016 - WR Gene Coleman II (NJ) Offered | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 WR Gene Coleman II (NJ) Offered

B7y3fd7IEAA4FSz.jpg:large

http://www.nj.com/rutgersfootball/index.ssf/2014/12/rutgers_first_to_offer_gene_co.html

Gene Coleman II, a 5-11, 180-pound Bergen Catholic (Oradell, N.J.) wide receiver, received an offer from Rutgers last week, after accumulating 31 catches for 582 yards and six total TDs as a junior.
"My coach told me that he talked to (Kyle) Flood earlier that day and that Flood said that he wanted to offer me," Coleman said. "So that's pretty much how it happened. He basically told me through my coach."
How did it feel?
"It felt good, especially it being Rutgers," answered Coleman, who further elaborated on his feelings towards his state-school.
"It's home and I've had a relationship with the coaches for some time, now," he said. "They have a really good business school, from what I've heard. And other than that, I went to the Penn State game and that game was a good game. And plus, the fans, they were just crazy."
The Rutgers staff offered Coleman due to his ability after the catch.
"There's a lot of kids in New Jersey who are larger-sized, but when I get the ball in my hands, they feel like I'm tough to tackle, due to my moves in the open-field," he said.
Coleman always believed he had FBS-calber ability, but was unsure where his first real opportunity would come from.
"I kind of felt like it was gonna happen sooner or later," he said. "I just didn't know who would be the first one to take a chance on me."
Coleman spent two hours at Rutgers Sunday afternoon, accompanied by BC teammates and fellow junior Rutgers targets Jarrett Guarantano and Emmanuel Appiah.
"We were just talking to coaches and walking around," Coleman said. "And we had some good conversations about staying in-state."
The talented receiver says he's not one to hold out for offers, just so he can say he has them.
"I'm not one that cares about getting a bunch of offers. I just want to play," he said. "So whenever and wherever I feel ready is when I'm gonna make my decision."
In addition to Rutgers, Syracuse, Louisville, North Carolina and Boston College have also displayed significant interest in Coleman.

http://highschoolsports.nj.com/news...atholic-junior-wideout-gene-coleman/?=nvnvnvn

After staying patient with his recruitment process, things have picked up this winter for Bergen Catholic wide receiver Gene Coleman. Coleman picked up his first offer from Rutgers on Dec. 15 and added his second full ride on Tuesday morning, with the Syracuse Orangemen putting a scholarship offer on the table.
The Orange join in-state Rutgers in offering the 5-11, 180-pounder. In an interview with NJ.com College Football Recruiting Analyst Todderick Hunt last month, Coleman said racking up a high offers list does not matter to him and he plans on making his decision when things feel right.
"I'm not one that cares about getting a bunch of offers," Coleman told Hunt. "I just want to play. So whenever and wherever I feel ready is when I'm gonna make my decision."
In that interview with Hunt, Coleman said that in addition to Rutgers and Syracuse, Boston College, Louisville and North Carolina are also showing significant interest. Coleman recorded 31 catches for 582 yards and six total touchdowns in 2014 for the Crusaders.

That is a really impressive highlight tape for Junior. Has great speed and some good moves to avoid tacklers. Have to love the #$avage as a lot of our 2015 recruits are doing that so he seems to take notice and it's nice to see Ellison tweet him. I think he would be a nice get and a good start to the 2016 class.

Have watched him play numerous times. Not sure what his 40 time would be, but his football speed is amazing. He takes off very quickly. He also shows a ton of passion. He's a gamer for sure.

The play at 1:20 in that highlight tape I saw in person. How he ran away from everyone on the d like that was very impressive. And the team they were playing against (st peters) were no scrubs.

@Stephen_Bailey1: RT @RivalsSU: Gene Coleman, 2016 WR Oradell (NJ) Bergen Catholic, tells me that he will be visiting Syracuse this weekend @KingCole9_

I feel like we are in really good shape with this kid and wouldn't be surprised if he was one of our first commits of the class.

I feel like we are in really good shape with this kid and wouldn't be surprised if he was one of our first commits of the class.
I hope you're right because his highlights looked off the charts good to this untrained eye.