Class of 2017 - WR Hunter Rison (MI) Transfer from Michigan St to Kansas St | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2017 WR Hunter Rison (MI) Transfer from Michigan St to Kansas St

http://highschoolsports.mlive.com/n...-arbor-skyline-will-play-football-for-father/

ANN ARBOR, MI –
The 2015 football season keeps getting more interesting for Ann Arbor Skyline.

Soon after USC commit Daelin Hayes transferred from Detroit Cass Tech to Skyline this winter, another student-athlete joined the Eagles football program.

Hunter Rison, son of five-time Pro Bowler and Michigan State legend Andre Rison, is Skyline's newest student after transferring from Basha High School in Chandler, Ariz., in early December. The sophomore will play for his father, who is entering his second season as Skyline’s offensive coordinator.

“I’ve never played for my dad,” Hunter said. “It’s not really the playing (for him) so much as it’s the learning part (I’m excited about). Hearing him talk and knowing he’s made it – he reached the ultimate level – and being able to learn from him on a daily basis, it’s surreal but I love to learn the game.”

Hunter is listed as a 5-foot-11, 183-pound wide receiver by 247Sports. He’ll also play defense for the Eagles as a cornerback or safety.

As a sophomore, he caught at least 31 passes for 376 yards and four touchdowns for Basha. After the school made a coaching change in 2014, Hunter said he was overlooked for the sake of the school’s upperclassmen.

Moving to Ann Arbor meant playing for his dad and getting more opportunities away from a run-first and second offense. He’ll line up opposite All-SEC receiver Guy Brent for an 0-9 team that will have to replace quarterback Alex Lozon and two of its top three receiving targets.

“I think Hunter has a higher skillset than my other sons did, a higher skillset than I did,” Andre said. “He has a great opportunity in the 10th grade with two years left.”

When Hunter first registered at Skyline, he met Hayes. Since introducing himself to the “big ol’ dude in USC stuff” in December, he said the two newest Eagles have stuck together.

Eating lunch together and helping set the tone in football workouts after school, Hunter and Hayes have already begun to fill leadership roles alongside Brent and sophomore Charles Jones.

“They needed a leader to give them that push in the right direction, and we’re giving them that push,” Hunter said. “Me, Daelin, Chuck and Guy Brent, there’s a lot of leaders who have been there and new leaders. Now it’s everybody stepping into their roles and knowing what they have to do.

“It’s going to be something special. They put in so much work, and they’re tired of that losing era. You can feel the change.”

Skyline had its best season in 2013 when the Eagles went 4-5. Through their five-year history, they are 9-36 and haven’t won a game since Oct. 4, 2013.

Hunter joins the many returning and graduating Skyline football players who believe the program is nearing a turnaround under coach Chanterius Brock, who is entering his second season.

“We’re excited about next season,” Brock said. “We had a chance to play some young guys last year, even if they weren’t primary targets. Guy (Brent) had a great year and you add (Hayes and Rison) and it should help us a lot. We believe we’ll be better with the kids who have improved and they will fall into place.”

I think so. the kid would have been born in 1998(?), I believe they were together during that time. it was after she burned his house down.

What an awesome sentence - I believe they were together during that time, it was after she burned his house down.

Okay back to talking about Hunter. Sorry to digress

What an awesome sentence - I believe they were together during that time, it was after she burned his house down.

Okay back to talking about Hunter. Sorry to digress

it does sounds pretty hysterical now that you say that and I read it. Oh, the life of Rison.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom