Class of 2018 - WR Jalin Cooper (NY) Verbal to Toledo | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2018 WR Jalin Cooper (NY) Verbal to Toledo

I think the staff will be more patient this cycle with WR's. Not as many slots as last year. Cooper is a talented kid who overcame alot. I'm rooting for him. I know the staff likes him, they like other targets more at this point.

I think the staff will be more patient this cycle with WR's. Not as many slots as last year. Cooper is a talented kid who overcame alot. I'm rooting for him. I know the staff likes him, they like other targets more at this point.
Is he one of those they would like to see at camp?

Syracuse must have decided to get on the train. I really like this kid.

We could conceivably fill our WR quota all from New York this year. There are some legit WR prospects in the state.

There's reportedly 4 with Syracuse offers and the 5th kid without an offer, Paul Woods, could be as good as any of them. Woods is one of my favorites.

Aron Cruickshank WR Erasmus Hall, Brooklyn 5'10 168 (O) Syracuse, Michigan, OSU and Wisconsin

Paul Woods WR Canisius HS, Buffalo 6'1 160 (O) BC and RU offers.

Atrilleon Williams ATH Archbishop Stepinac HS, White Plains 6'2 180 (O) Syracuse, BC and Rutgers

Amad Anderson WR Curtis HS, Staten Island 6'1 170 All NYC 2nd team offense as a junior, 46 catches for 697 yards and 8 TDs. (O) Syracuse, Wagner and RU.

Jalin Cooper WR Medina/Lyndonville, Medina 6'5 180 (O) Syracuse, BC, Toledo, Army

Zihir Lacewell WR Tottenville HS, Staten Island 6'3 190 (O) Pitt, Temple and Rutgers

We could conceivably fill our WR quota all from New York this year. There are some legit WR prospects in the state.

There's reportedly 4 with Syracuse offers and the 5th kid without an offer, Paul Woods, could be as good as any of them. Woods is one of my favorites.

Aron Cruickshank WR Erasmus Hall, Brooklyn 5'10 168 (O) Syracuse, Michigan, OSU and Wisconsin

Atrilleon Williams ATH Archbishop Stepinac HS, White Plains 6'2 180 (O) Syracuse, BC and Rutgers

Amad Anderson WR Curtis HS, Staten Island 6'1 170 All NYC 2nd team offense as a junior, 46 catches for 697 yards and 8 TDs. (O) Syracuse, Wagner and RU.

Jalin Cooper WR Medina/Lyndonville, Medina 6'5 180 (O) Syracuse, BC, Toledo, Army

Zihir Lacewell WR Tottenville HS, Staten Island 6'3 190 (O) Pitt, Temple and Rutgers
Weird year for NYS prospects. Overall, the class is pretty weak but I don't think NY has ever had a class with so many BCS level WR prospects.

Nice that Syracuse just happens to have the best WR friendly offense in the Northeast.

I believe Trill Williams is being recruited at DB

I've been living in Medina for nearly a decade now. I'll provide some Jalin reports this Fall. Unless he commits to Toledo or UB or something.

He's the most legit talent in these parts since Derek Kinder (Pitt WR from Albion, 6th round draft pick before his knee injury did him in). But it's really tough to know how good he'll be at the next level because the competition is so weak.

He's a better football prospect than basketball imo. I don't think he has the adequate ball-handling and shooting skills for a 6-4.5 player to play at the major level.

But this video displays his athleticism.

Jalin Cooper's High School Videos

I grew up/ played HS football in Alden. When i played varsity (08-10 season) we were in the same division. My HS coach, coached Kinder in HS. Very rare to see a P5 kid from Section 6- class B. Can't remember the last one. As you say, the competition is not the greatest and when I was in HS Medina was trending down big time. Very very interested to see how this plays out. Would love to get him and all those NY receivers, especially Jalin and Paul Woods.

Not sure how many Dino will take this year, but I like Anderson and Cooper more. I still want Cruickshank because he has elite speed. He would be great in the slot.

Not sure how many Dino will take this year, but I like Anderson and Cooper more. I still want Cruickshank because he has elite speed. He would be great in the slot.

Cruick is probably a slot. I think we'll take 3 or even 4 more this year; could be less if any returners explode on the scene next year.

Philips - sr
Ishmael - sr
Avant - sr

Riley
Custis
Perkins
Enoicy
Butler

Johnson
Johnson
Jordan
Thompson

9 returning players after this year is very light and none are proven. I believe 12-15 to be the bench mark any given year but I can't see how we take less than 3.

Cruick is probably a slot. I think we'll take 3 or even 4 more this year; could be less if any returners explode on the scene next year.

Philips - sr
Ishmael - sr
Avant - sr

Riley
Custis
Perkins
Enoicy
Butler

Johnson
Johnson
Jordan
Thompson

9 returning players after this year is very light and none are proven. I believe 12-15 to be the bench mark any given year but I can't see how we take less than 3.
I am positive Enoicy will take his degree if he doesn't play this year. So that's probably 8. Not sure Perkins will ever contribute

Wow if you have talent people will find you. Medina is not very big at all.:)

This is no doubt an offer following Syracuse. Washington state is not scouting western ny.

This is no doubt an offer following Syracuse. Washington state is not scouting western ny.

Wasn't meant to infer that. Just an overall statement kid is getting attention is a relatively small town.

Weird year for NYS prospects. Overall, the class is pretty weak but I don't think NY has ever had a class with so many BCS level WR prospects.

Nice that Syracuse just happens to have the best WR friendly offense in the Northeast.
How many other teams that have 2 WR with 90 plus receptions?

It appears we are the only one...Receptions Per Game | FBS Football Statistics - NCAA.com

Last edited:
You'd think that Wake would only need to offer the kid once, wouldn't you?! ;)
Surprised there has been no link to 'Funky Cold Medina' yet.

medinaculvert-3.jpg

Medina is an old canal town. Only place on the old Erie Canal where a road passes under the canal (The Culvert). Lots of apple trees in that area. Back in the day, many a penny was made selling them to travellers on the canal.

The last good athlete out of there appears to be Carl Fischer, a baseball player who played 8 years in the major leagues (1930-1937).

It is far far off the beaten path, for sure.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom