Class of 2018 - WR Jalin Cooper (NY) Verbal to Toledo | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2018 WR Jalin Cooper (NY) Verbal to Toledo

Surprised there has been no link to 'Funky Cold Medina' yet.

medinaculvert-3.jpg

Medina is an old canal town. Only place on the old Erie Canal where a road passes under the canal (The Culvert). Lots of apple trees in that area. Back in the day, many a penny was made selling them to travellers on the canal.

The last good athlete out of there appears to be Carl Fischer, a baseball player who played 8 years in the major leagues (1930-1937).

It is far far off the beaten path, for sure.
I know where Medina NY is but every time I think Medina and football I think Ohio. Maybe because the team in Ohio are the Battling Bees. ;)

Surprised there has been no link to 'Funky Cold Medina' yet.
Just to clarify, the village is pronounced Ma-DINE-na, as opposed to the song Funky Cold Ma-DEE-na.

It was a financially-thriving community up until 1995 when Mattel shut down its Fisher-Price plant. That event really hurt Medina which has slowly lost population since that happened (not unlike most Upstate New York communities).

Despite that, the people here continue to sustain a very picturesque downtown with historic buildings and it's a nice little place to live and raise kids. 35 minute drive from Buffalo, 45 minute drive from Rochester. Roughly 30 miles directly north of Darien Lake.

The Most Criminally Overlooked Town Near Buffalo And Why You Need To Visit

Just to clarify, the village is pronounced Ma-DINE-na, as opposed to the song Funky Cold Ma-DEE-na.

It was a financially-thriving community up until 1995 when Mattel shut down its Fisher-Price plant. That event really hurt Medina which has slowly lost population since that happened (not unlike most Upstate New York communities).

Despite that, the people here continue to sustain a very picturesque downtown with historic buildings and it's a nice little place to live and raise kids. 35 minute drive from Buffalo, 45 minute drive from Rochester. Roughly 30 miles directly north of Darien Lake.

The Most Criminally Overlooked Town Near Buffalo And Why You Need To Visit
Deer or Bear?

Cooper said he has visits planned to Boston College, Connecticut, Toledo, Wake Forest and Syracuse coming between the spring and summer. The three-star receiver will visit UConn on March 4 and Boston College March 25.

Ah we're toast, my alma mater kicks ace.
It's certainly possible. I'm told at this point he'd prefer to stay close to home but that could change as he also didn't anticipate having this many offers so soon so I'm sure he'll take his time.

Jalin's basketball season came to an end last night as Medina lost in the Section 6 Class B2 semifinals.

Like this NY recruit but competition needs to learn how to tackle.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom