Class of 2021 - WR James Blackstrain (FL) Portal from Georgia Tech | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2021 WR James Blackstrain (FL) Portal from Georgia Tech

Offers from Kentucky, MTSU, Tenn, UNC, Louisville, Baylor, FAU, Toledo, Pitt, BGSU, Bethune Cookman, USF, UCF, Fordham, Utah, Illinois, UVA, Duke, Rutgers, Miami OH, S. Carolina, GT, Florida, UGA, PSU, LSU, Nebraska, FSU, UNCC, Troy, Purdue, Syracuse.

I'm saying Bethune Cookman is the favorite here with that offer list ;) wow that's quite a sheet for a 2021

James plays in my neck of the woods in Florida. Here’s the story as I know it
- tall rangey wide receiver 6’4”, maybe 6’5”
-very raw, but tons of potential
- tore his acl playing hoops last year
- not expected to play football this year due to acl

I’ll see him on the basketball court this year and will report back.

Florange44

JAMES BLACKSTRAIN IN PORTAL FROM GA TECH
# 25 6' 2" 186 WR/ 4.4 40

images (74).jpg

ASSETS PER HUDL FILM:

VERY FAST
EXCELLENT HANDS
WILL OUT RUN D ON GO ROUTES - NOT EVEN CLOSE
VERY ELUSIVE AFTER CATCH
NICE MOVES / JUKES
RUNS GREAT ROUTES
2 YEARS ELIGIBILTY

2022 (Redshirt Freshman):
Saw action in six games with one start against Duke (Oct. 8) … Did not record any statistics.

2021 (Freshman): Did not see game action as a true freshman … Redshirted.

High School: Rated as a four-star prospect by Rivals, 247Sports and ESPN … A member of the prestigious ESPN 300 list … Tabbed as the No. 38-ranked wide receiver in the nation and the No. 32-ranked player in the state of Florida by ESPN … Earned starting role as a freshman at Holy Trinity but missed his his junior season (2019) due to injury … Hauled in 120 receptions, 2,285 receiving yards and 22 touchdowns in three high-school seasons … Averaged 81.6 yards per game and 19.0 yards per catch during his prep career … Rebounded from his season-ending injury as a junior to record 54 receptions for 1,015 yards and nine touchdowns as a senior in 2020 … Coached by Nathaniel Hooks. A speedster he was timed at 4.4 seconds in the 40 yard dash.

“I knew it was the perfect fit for me personally,” BlackStrain told the AJC in a text message. “They have a family-type atmosphere I love and can’t wait to be a part of.”
BlackStrain, from Holy Trinity Episcopal Academy in Melbourne, Fla., wrote additionally that Tech was consistent in its recruitment of him and that he has a strong relationship with Collins and wide receivers coach Kerry Dixon. BlackStrain picked Tech over North Carolina, Florida and Florida State, among others.
BlackStrain made the decision without making a visit to Tech, which is unusual in normal circumstances but has grown increasingly common as the NCAA has banned in-person recruiting, because of the coronavirus pandemic. BlackStrain said he made his commitment after a virtual visit, in which he was on a call with several coaches.
“I could feel the love already and I knew that this spot in the ATL was best for me and my family,” BlackStrain wrote.

Explore>> What’s a virtual visit like?
BlackStrain is coming back from a torn ACL that required him to miss all of his junior season. He has recovered to the point, though, that he was planning to participate in spring practice at Holy Trinity before it was canceled because of the pandemic. He declared himself “better than ever.”

BlackStrain (the name is the fusion of his parents’ last names, Black and Strain) is the second wide receiver in the class, joining another Floridian, Malik Rutherford from Hialeah.

About the Author
ajc.com
Ken Sugiura
Follow Ken Sugiura on twitter
Ken Sugiura is a sports columnist at the Atlanta Journal-Constitution. Formerly the Georgia Tech beat reporter, Sugiura started at the AJC in 1998 and has covered a variety of beats, mostly within sports.

Now don't start that Jake. I know nothing...except he's following Nunzio.
If it's a solo follow, it's probably not meaningful especially from a kid in the portal, probably is an old follow. If you see multiple guys from the new staff following that didn't previously coach together follow a transfer target, then you probably have something.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom