Class of 2017 - WR James Robinson (FL) Committed to Florida | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2017 WR James Robinson (FL) Committed to Florida

CuseLegacy

Per a source, Florida coach Jim McElwain reached out to Lakeland (Fla.) High's staff in the last 30 minutes and informed them the Gators won't be sending a National Letter of Intent for four-star wide receiver James Robinson on Wednesday.

Robinson was a longtime lean to the Gators.

He was cited for possession of marijuana last weekend on an official visit to Ohio State.

Since learning of this development, Robinson's camp has heard from Marshall, Syracuse, and Bowling Green.

The four-star recruit is ranked as the nation's No. 14 wide receiver and the No. 21 prospect in Florida in the 2017 class by the 247SportsComspoite

He's a stud and really is too bad what happened. Some rumors that he was with a group of current OSU players when the incident occurred. Urban, and everyone in football really, knew he was a Gator all the way so Urban used him as a scapegoat to look tough on discipline while letting his current guys off the hook.

Kid comes from a real, real tough background who always dreamed of playing for Florida. Real sad that his dream got taken away so close to NSD.

If he ends up in the program he has the physical ability to be a monster for us.

He's a stud and really is too bad what happened. Some rumors that he was with a group of current OSU players when the incident occurred. Urban, and everyone in football really, knew he was a Gator all the way so Urban used him as a scapegoat to look tough on discipline while letting his current guys off the hook.

Kid comes from a real, real tough background who always dreamed of playing for Florida. Real sad that his dream got taken away so close to NSD.

If he ends up in the program he has the physical ability to be a monster for us.

In what possible way does this make Urban look tough on discipline?

Nope. Rumors he's mixed up with some bad people. If we cut BJ loose because of that, I don't think we'd want anything to do with him.

Problem we have is 7 year NCAA investigation and sanctions, some of which were related to failure to enforce the drug policy.

Problem we have is 7 year NCAA investigation and sanctions, some of which were related to failure to enforce the drug policy.

I guess. But this staff has given folks second chances too.

I guess. But this staff has given folks second chances too.
Yeah. I'm all for second chances. Would love for them to extend the offer. If we follow the policy and the kid messes up it's on him. They are showing that they are following the policy now with the DE's from last year (purposely not mentioning their names).

In what possible way does this make Urban look tough on discipline?

It's an easy PR win while he tries to say he's stricter at OSU after letting his program at Florida be the Wild Wild West. "Turn away" a high talent from his program that you weren't going to get anyways to make a statement and pretend character matters to him.

This is a man in a mans body too. He is an absolute stud. You sit down and read him the riot act and then while he's there, have him sign his NLI . ;)

My first thought was no way the weed was his. Incredibly ballsy to bring weed on an airplane and for an official visit to boot.

Forget the fact that you might not get through the airport screening, you're assuming Ohio state players will smoke up, and /or not care that you brought weed with you? I don't know, color me skeptical.

Last edited:
Would you guys have a player who failed multiple drug tests?

I could care less that he smokes pot or that he's been an idiot just like 92% of his age group. I'm not a fan of him getting into it on a recruiting visit... but, when you want higher tier prospects in our current position, sometimes you gotta take 'em with a couple dings...

We've got roster space. If he doesn't grow up and deal with his responsibilities then he's going to have some more hard lessons ahead.

I wouldn't hesitate if it's somebody they think fits.

My first thought was no way the weed was his. Incredibly ballsy to bring weed on an airplane and for an official visit to boot.

Forget the fact that you might not get through the airport screening, you're assuming Ohio state players will smoke up, and /or not care that you brought weed with you? I don't know, color me skeptical.

Weed on an airplane. Who would ever attempt such a thing?

melo.gif