Class of 2025 - WR Jayden Sellers (SC) Verbal to South Carolina | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2025 WR Jayden Sellers (SC) Verbal to South Carolina

#17 JAYDEN SELLERS 2025 SOUTH FLORENCE HS, FLORENCE SC
WR 5' 11" 160 STATS NA

NOT MUCH INFO ON HIM. LANORRIS'S BROTHER - ONLY FILM IS A SUMMER 7 ON 7 AT SC AND CC
DECENT SPEED CATCHES EVERYTHING

GREAT OFFER

Last edited:
The early bird gets the worm. Hopefully with his brother on the way here, Jayden will follow.

JAYDEN SELLERS 2025 S. Florence HS, Florence, S.C.//// S. FLORENCE IS 10-0, 5-0 RANKED #2 IN S.C.
#17 WR 5' 11" 160 2022 STATS. 40 TIME N/A EST 4.4 HIGH
2022-23 SOPHOMORE STATS: GP 6, REC 17, YDS 272, AVG. 16.0, YDS/G 45.3, LNG 58, TD 2

ASSETS PER HUDL FILM:

FAST
GREAT VISION
GREAT HANDS/ CATCHES EVERYTHING
EXC MOVES/ JUKES AFTER CATCH
GREAT LEAPING ABILITY
GOOD BLOCKER
VERY FAST OFF LOS ACCELERATION AFTER CATCH
IF HE GETS BEHIND YOU HE'S GONE

STARTED AT 4, PLAYING WITH HIS BROTHER IN THE FRONT YARD AND SAID HIS BROTHER USED TO RUN OVER HIM. NOW THAT HE'S IN HS, HE'S SHOWN HIS BROTHER HE CAN CATCH THE BALL AND LANORRIS TRUSTS HIM TO CATCH IT AND SCORE WHEN HE CAN.

LISTENED TO AN INTERVIEW OF HIM TALKING ABOUT HIS FUTURE AND HE IS VERY MATURE AND CALLS THE INTERVIEWER SIR, REFLECTING GOOD UP BRINGING BY HIS DAD WHO ALSO PLAYED WITH THE BOYS IN THE FRONT YARD.

GAINING 20 POUNDS WOULD BE BENEFICIAL FOR HIM - HE HAS THE TIME FOR THAT AND TO FURTHER DEVELOP HIS HAND / EYE AND OTHER SKILLS NECESSARY FOR A GREAT WR.

IN FILM, LANORRIS THROWS HIM EITHER SIDELINE GO ROUTES - BOTH SHORT AND DEEP SLANTS ACROSS MIDDLE QUICK LOOK INS AND COME BACKS.

CATCHES EVERYTHING FROM HIS BROTHER. LANORRIS IS FAST BUT LOOKING AT FILM I BELIEVE JAYDEN IS FASTER

I was able to get the article below on Jayden - most everything is about LaNorris. The brothers have a great relationship on the football field. It will be an even greater one if both commit to us.

Jayden Sellers already a playmaker for No. 1 South Florence​

• Scott Chancey
  • Oct 4, 2022
  • 63379659bab57.image.jpg

South Florence receiver Jayden Sellers (17) has been a playmaker when his brother, LaNorris Sellers, throws to him.
    WILLIAM HESTER, SPECIAL TO THE MORNING NEWS

FLORENCE, S.C. — South Florence receiver Jayden Sellers’ nickname is “Puppy.” Not that the sophomore minds when compared to his big brother, quarterback LaNorris Sellers, who has committed to Syracuse.

Scott Chancey
    “LaNorris is the big dog, and I’m just coming up,” he said.
    Sellers is coming up, all right. Before this season, Syracuse also offered him after tagging along on LaNorris’ summer visit to the Orange.

“We were just doing routes, and the coaches noticed me,” said Sellers, who added Syracuse is the lone college football team to offer him so far.
    More colleges are likely to make offers as Sellers keeps making big plays. He made five catches for 41 yards during the top-ranked Bruins’ 33-28 victory Thursday at Hartsville.

Sellers simply enjoys catching passes from his brother. It wasn’t until 2021 when they were on the same official team together. He caught his first high school TD pass early that season against Irmo.

“I remember seeing a defensive back follow my teammate Evin Singletary and I was wide open,” Sellers recalled. “And when LaNorris threw the football, I saw him get hit. I was going to celebrate with him, but other teammates got to me first and I celebrated with them.”
    Of course, the brothers have had chances to celebrate touchdowns together since. One example is the Bruins’ 49-14 win over Carolina Forest. Sellers not only caught a pass from LaNorris Sellers for the game’s first TD, he also made a spectacular catch right before halftime to set up another Bruins score that put the game away.

“I keep my eyes on the white part of the ball,” Sellers said. “With that, I focus on catching the ball a lot more. My father (Norris, a former SF star linebacker) gave me that advice; he taught me a lot of things about football.”
    Sellers started as a quarterback at 5 before moving to defensive back. He stayed at that position until Bruins coach Drew Marlowe told him his eighth-grade year he’d be a better varsity fit at receiver.

While settling in at receiver, Sellers also has enough experience from playing in the secondary to win against coverages.
    “Having played defensive back helps me a lot more now,” Sellers said. “Defensive backs try to watch my hips, but I know how to keep them steady and keep them from reading me on a route. I also know the coverages.”

Good thing because Sellers said he’s on the depth chart at safety if needed.
    But as long as Sellers is a receiver, and his brother is at quarterback, they have confidence in each other that goes back to their days playing catch in the yard.
    “I know he trusts me, so he knows I can go up on any defensive back,” Sellers said. “He knows if it’s the last situation of the game, he can put it in my hands and he trusts me to catch the football.”
EXCELLENT OFFER - SAYS HE PLAYS BETTER WHEN HE'S ANGRY. HE'S DEVELOPED INTO A VERY GOOD PLAYER WITH UNLIMITED POSSIBILITIES. TO HAVE BRO TO BRO QB TO RECEIVER AT SU WOULD BE REMARKABLE WITH THE SKILLS THEY BOTH POSSESS.

Last edited:
I had a niece that went to Clemson. When she visited, someone was talking about South Carolina. A person from Clemson asked,”would you rather be a tiger or a chicken.”

Will be cool seeing his brother throw to him in the dome in 2026

View attachment 232672
I don’t think we’ll be seeing his brother at Syracuse any time soon.
I wonder after SC got their butt beat today and that makes their record 2-6 and if Ridder decides to stay another year if it makes LaNorras think about transferring to where he can automatically be a starter? Ridder may get drafted but he isn't that good and could go in maybe the 5-6 th round if lucky.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom