Class of 2021 - WR Kendall Long (SC) SIGNED NLI TO SYRACUSE (12/16/20) | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2021 WR Kendall Long (SC) SIGNED NLI TO SYRACUSE (12/16/20)

I wasn’t insinuating that. I was just adding on to the reason why some of our commits didn’t have instate offers. Of course the top tier programs can be picky. Teams like Clemson recruits national 4/5 stars.
It goes into what orange_in_VA said about Dabo being picky. Those kids may not have been to campus at this point so an offer hasn't been given.

Clemson likes to do it's recruiting on campus so this virus and shutdown has slowed things down considerably.

I'm saying some schools like Tennessee don't seem to care about seeing kids in camps since they seem to offer anyone with eligibility.
Gotcha

I liked his tape a lot. I'm not a big fan of the bubble screen but, as long as we're gonna keep running it, we might as well have someone who executes it well. I saw him catch a lot of first-down slants. At full speed, he runs away from people. And he's a willing and effective blocker. Not to mention, his height makes him a red zone threat. I think he'll fit into our WR rotation quite well.

There's some great tidbits in this article.

1st:
"The program plans to take one outside receiver this cycle, he said he was told, and Long was one of four targets the staff was actively pursuing."

2nd:
His mentor is a guy named Terrance Ashe who was a WR at Clemson.

"Ashe, who served as Beaufort’s offensive coordinator in 2019 and now serves as Battery Creek’s head coach, remembers speaking with SU director of high school relations Ryan Bartow about Long in the spring. The two knew each other from Bartow’s time as an associate editor and recruiting analyst for Clemson’s Rvls.com affiliate site."

*which is also the likely reason Tee Martin tipped him off to Riley Leonard.

Last edited:
The graphics department / fans who make these edits have really come a long ways in the past 5 years or so.
I'm pretty sure that this recruiting graphic is from SU and not fan generated as some prospects without offers are receiving it.

I'm pretty sure that this recruiting graphic is from SU and not fan generated as some prospects without offers are receiving it.

I believe it. I just was making a general statement. A few years back, shafer years I believe, we all used to be envious of the edits from other schools. Since then everyone has upped their game in that regard.

If he keeps and develops this class, there is ample room for hope. Gotta get to a bowl next year. We might have stout defense and a serviceable offense. Have the coaches improved? Time for Mahar to step up along with WRs, OL and QB. Not asking much. Can Lamson be a savior? Or even a good good soldier.
I wonder what the energy is like in the program. My feeling is it’s not as bad as we think.

If he keeps and develops this class, there is ample room for hope. Gotta get to a bowl next year. We might have stout defense and a serviceable offense. Have the coaches improved? Time for Mahar to step up along with WRs, OL and QB. Not asking much. Can Lamson be a savior? Or even a good good soldier.
I wonder what the energy is like in the program. My feeling is it’s not as bad as we think.

Keeps this class?
Supposedly 20/21 are signing tomorrow.

The other is waiting til Feb, but says he’s still 100% Cuse.

Meanwhile, several super-seniors have decided to return, along with QB1 & WR1.

I’d say the energy is as good as could possibly be expected, in a pandemic & coming off of a 1-10 season, where they actually managed to play all of the games, and competed til the end.

Long is one of the bigger mysteries of all our recruits. Not a lot film coming from, I believe, a triple option team. Not a lot of recruiting fanfare. Has great size at 6-3 200+ and has verified track times of PR 11.17, 11.77, 11.81 and 11.88; so he's fast, particularly for the size.

To get an idea of the 100m track time. Trebor Pena has 6 times of 11.05 PR, 11.17, 11.21, 11.42, 11.46 and 11.55.

Last edited:
Others have said this before, but I love seeing "Three sport athlete" on any player's bio. It's great to focus on football, but there's something to be said for cross training with other sports. I don't think this kid is a diamond in the rough...more like, buried treasure.
(h/t to PhatOrange for similar comments above)