Class of 2021 - WR Kendall Long (SC) SIGNED NLI TO SYRACUSE (12/16/20) | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2021 WR Kendall Long (SC) SIGNED NLI TO SYRACUSE (12/16/20)

Good junior tape. Love his acceleration. 6’3 215 as a HS junior is great for a wideout. Also really good at the bubble, which plays an important part in our offense. I think he has a really high ceiling.

Definitely don’t have many Wr’s with his style on our roster. He's pretty smooth and has great body control for his size. Great ball skills. Doesn’t get a lot of separation because he’s not a burner. His best asset is that he’s a big body and he is great at making catches in traffic while contested.

Last edited:
Definitely don’t have many Wr’s with his style on our roster. He ispretty smooth and has great body control for his size. Great ball skills. Doesn’t get a lot of separation because he’s not a burner. His best asset is that he’s a big body and he is great at making catching in traffic while contested.
Agreed

Also, although speed is hard to improve, the tall, long, lean body types tend to be the ones with the largest potential to drop couple ticks on their times.

Thats some good size

Good ability on the quick screens. Reminds me of senior year Custis too.

We're getting a lot of kids it seems like that would be blowing up after the summer camp circuit. Hopefully our evalulation ability pays off because there is no camp season (and maybe no HS season in the fall).

We know this staff is great at it.

We're getting a lot of kids it seems like that would be blowing up after the summer camp circuit. Hopefully our evalulation ability pays off because there is no camp season (and maybe no HS season in the fall).

Yup, definitely got a Custis vibe from his highlight reel.

App State offer makes me feel good.
They have been really solid for a while and if they wanted him means he can play.
Good pickup.

He looks slow out of the gate but once he hits stride he's moving fast. Pulls away from people. He appears to have a very high ceiling and looks a lot like Custis.

Lexington, SC River Bluff is a Columbia, SC suburb. He's literally 10 miles to U of South Carolina.

By the way, I love Tony White's recruiting enthusiasm.

Last edited:
Another excellent pickup by the Syracuse University Football Coaching/Recruiting Staff. From what I see on film he has good hands and seems to catch the football with his hands as opposed to using his body to catch the football. Also seems to be very good in yards after catch. Congratulations young Mr. Long on your selection of Syracuse University Football. Please sign your Syracuse Football NLI in December and then show up ready to put up some tremendous numbers while helping your team take the ACC. Go Orange!!!!!!!!!!!

The first thing that sticks out to me are his hands. He uses outstanding technique on every catch. He has been well coached.

I think he doesn't look that fast because he has a really long, smooth stride.

But a 4.54 40 isn't shabby.

He is a terrific track and field guy. Here are his PRs from last year:

100m 11.17
Long Jump 22' 7
Triple Jump 43' 1.75

For perspective, his 11.17 100 would have finished 7th in the NYS outdoor track chamnpionships last year.

His 22'7 LJ would have finished 2nd in NYS last year.

And his 43' 1.75 would have finished 12th in NYS last year.

With that jumping ability, it is no surprise his vertical is 40 inches.

I agree with others, he is going to block well, catch it well, sacrifice his body for catches over the middle and be very hard to cover in the red zone with his size, strength, physical play and leaping ability.

I like this recruit a lot.

Last edited:

Yup, that’s exactly what they are doing. We are a program that can’t afford to wait when the pandemic ends. Have to rely on their instincts. The video conferencing helps them get a feel for their personality and character.