Class of 2018 - WR Kevin Johnson Jr (NJ/IMG) PWO SIGNED TO SYRACUSE | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2018 WR Kevin Johnson Jr (NJ/IMG) PWO SIGNED TO SYRACUSE

Didn't see that coming. Good for him. Seems like a nice kid. Wanted to come to Cuse in the worst way.

IMG is only a prep school. KJ still hasn't announced his college choice yet.

IMG is only a prep school. KJ still hasn't announced his college choice yet.

I know that. Artur Sitkowski was the QB at my son's high school last year and he transferred to IMG in January. He committed to Miami back in February. He camped at SU but Dino has shown very little interest in him. I'm sure part of why he's transferring is to raise his profile and maybe get better offers.

In-depth with 4-star QB, recent RU visitor Sitkowski

Sitkowski has company from another former N.J. standout

“Kevin Johnson, he played for Hun last year. Just me and him from Jersey. We're the only two from Jersey, right now. He’s improved so much. He’s really improved a lot. When he first came here, he didn’t know the offense. I remember the first day he came here, he came to my room and we studied the playbook a little bit. And he’s progressed so much as far as a football player and his route running.

"He’s gotten faster, he’s gotten bigger. He’s really progressed so much where he’s going to be a Division 1 receiver. I know he’s going to be a Division 1 receiver because he’s got the talent, he’s got the heart and he works his butt off in the weight room and on the field. And he knows the college offense, right now. So I don’t see why not. He can definitely play at a high level in college.”

Will he and Johnson share the field a lot this year?

“He’s gonna play a lot. He came late, he came in July. So he had to slowly take it in. And this is a hard offense to learn. It’s not easy, it takes time. You’ve got a lot of installs. So he’s finally starting to have it click and you’ll definitely see him on the field more and more this upcoming season.”

Do we still have a chance? I did notice he just followed Brian Ward

Maybe something has changed, but the impression I got is that the interest is all one sided (and it's not from HCDB)

upload_2017-10-24_12-18-49.png

Cuse has been his dream school. Great lineage, obviously. He's camped at SU too. Unfortunately the interest isn't mutual. Kid would commit in a second if offered.

Cuse has been his dream school. Great lineage, obviously. He's camped at SU too. Unfortunately the interest isn't mutual. Kid would commit in a second if offered.
Doesn't look like he has made even one catch for IMG. Hope he ends up here as a PWO and earns a scholarship using old school hard work and sweat. His dad was so fun to watch play for Syracuse...

IMG Academy High School Football Stats by Player

Doesn't look like he has made even one catch for IMG. Hope he ends up here as a PWO and earns a scholarship using old school hard work and sweat. His dad was so fun to watch play for Syracuse...

IMG Academy High School Football Stats by Player

It looks like they're rotating QBs. Not saying that this is a reason at all. I just checked since the QB, Sitkowski, would have been leading my son's high school team this year had he not transferred to IMG.

really happy for him. Solid program, great school, beautiful area. not a bad option to say the least.