WR Kevin Johnson Jr transferring to Florida | Syracusefan.com

WR Kevin Johnson Jr transferring to Florida

I don't consider guys to whom we gave scholarships "dead weight". Everyone has a role.
So You would rather keep a guy who gets a scholarship and doesn’t see the Field vs a Tristian Jackson type transfer ?

So You would rather keep a guy who gets a scholarship and doesn’t see the Field vs a Tristian Jackson type transfer ?
I disagree with you using the term "dead weight" when referring to kids who have given their all for this program, whether they saw the field or not.

And right now, if I'm not mistaken, we sit at 83 scholarships.

SO would you consider anyone not on the 2-Deep dead weight because they don't see the field?

That's a lot of dead weight on every team in the country...
I’m talking about the few that would’ve be on the 5 deep for a roster spot for a starter

I’m talking about the few that would’ve be on the 5 deep for a roster spot for a starter
You do know that only 85 scholarships are allowed and that 5 at a single position is an extremely rare thing even with walk-ons...

And what of loyalty to a committed scholarship player who plays a physically brutal game for your entertainment?

I understand the piling on for the deadweight comment, poor choice of words at best. But there are now as has been the case every single year of this program’s existence opportunities to upgrade the roster through attrition and replacement.

Lets not get too self righteous here.

I understand the piling on for the deadweight comment, poor choice of words at best. But there are now as has been the case every single year of this program’s existence opportunities to upgrade the roster through attrition and replacement.

Lima Charlie

There is no reason not to be respectful of kids who committed to the program and for whom things just didn't work out at this level of competition. They aren't, as some people seem to see them, a commodity.
No one is being self righteous. Just pointing out that these kids deserve some respect.

And yes I am in a "Get off my Lawn I'm old and going to get Coronavirus" kind of mood.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom