Class of 2019 - WR Malik Brooks (NY) Signed NLI to Monmouth | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2019 WR Malik Brooks (NY) Signed NLI to Monmouth

I’d be ok with it. Burnett will blow up and I wish him the best, would welcome him back arms wide open. However, this kid shows great instincts despite the lower level of competition. Always good to snag kids from buffalo too. That areas been hard to secure from pitt and psu.

This kid reminds me of a raw AET. Highpoints the ball and really elevates over the protection. Instincts to use your size like that are important.
yup agree, on top of that, what if this kid played at a school like Bishop McDevitt? Where they invest in their program and have resources to develop players and have D1 college connections. With this kid's size and ability, we can't say he wouldn't put up the same numbers or better in that program. Have to look at it that way too.

If you're going to offer a sleeper, I'd rather do it in a lightly recruited area like buffalo than from a school that everyone recruits and would probably be on to if they were that good.That's how you get a Mike Williams.

Only Lockport kid to SU that I can remember was Jhamal Fluellen.

Kid I'm thinking of I 'thought' was a WR type. Initially I was thinking of Derek Kinder who went to Pitt. Now I'm thinking it may have been a kid who went to UB (recent kid).

Good call on Fluellen

Kid I'm thinking of I 'thought' was a WR type. Initially I was thinking of Derek Kinder who went to Pitt. Now I'm thinking it may have been a kid who went to UB (recent kid).

Good call on Fluellen
Dylan McDuffie?

Good call on Fluellen

Are you talking about the kid currently in the NFL? WR type, that we recruited but didn't have space for that ended up at UB? I'm thinking you mean Naman Roosevelt?

Good call on Fluellen

Wait, don’t you mean the kid who went to Cincy, blew his knee out, took a year off from football to go on a mission trip, transferred to BYU, then walked on at Stony Brook?

Good call on Fluellen
Maybe Andre Fontenette? Went to Churchville-Chili.

Jalin Cooper went to Toledo last year. Believe he was from Medina a 6-4 WR

I’d be ok with it. Burnett will blow up and I wish him the best, would welcome him back arms wide open. However, this kid shows great instincts despite the lower level of competition. Always good to snag kids from buffalo too. That areas been hard to secure from pitt and psu.

This kid reminds me of a raw AET. Highpoints the ball and really elevates over the protection. Instincts to use your size like that are important.
Totally. Tired of our guys trying (and failing) to tackle Ollison (Buffalo area). We should own NY.

From looking at his film, his quarterback doesn't do him any favors; he throws a lot of "ducks" and passes that would ordinarily be picked off. On the trick play, the receiver actually threw the best deep ball in that video which says a lot about what he's working with.

You can't teach height and speed. The level of competition is bottom of the barrel so it is difficult to gauge the talent when playing with peers. I'm not into offering scholarships to players just to offer. If he were a 2020 player, you could bring him into a camp to have a better look at what he could do.

He did get hurt last year. Broke his leg and missed almost the whole season.

That explains a lot.

Kid Broke the Single Season Receiving Yard Record in 8 Games(1,244). Previous record was 1,187 in 10 Games. And based off his highlight tape the defense did look small but he was getting Double and tripled teamed. Kid rises up and catches everything, great speed, hands and effort based off of that first defensive play lol

Close
Dr5Y12pU4AET1Ic.jpg:large

Previous
Next Malik Brooks‏ @Mloading00 27m27 minutes ago
Lion Pride
1f981.png
1f499.png
1f49b.png

Close
Dr5Y12pU4AET1Ic.jpg:large

Previous
Next Malik Brooks‏ @Mloading00 27m27 minutes ago
Lion Pride
1f981.png
1f499.png
1f49b.png
Very cool. As a resident of Lockport I applaud his devotion to our city.
With no junior year and without a lot of camp experience he will be, however, a pretty raw prospect.
He might be worth a scholarship if we're willing to take a guy who may need a couple years of coaching and being challenged to refine his skills.

didn't see this posted anywhere but according to syracuse dot com he didn't make the trip over the weekend. scheduling issue.

With the success we've had this season I think we are in position to land some guys that are high on our list. Not a good year for under the radar kids that we started recruiting late in the process.