Class of 2019 - WR Malik Brooks (NY) Signed NLI to Monmouth | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2019 WR Malik Brooks (NY) Signed NLI to Monmouth

money3189

Hall of Fame
I just happened to come across this kid's film yesterday. This kid is legit. He is truly a hidden gem. I couldn't believe he doesn't have double digit offers. Maybe he got hurt his jr. year and didnt camp. I'm not sure but he's from lockport HS. l found out that he recently committed to Buffalo but SU has been monitoring him and he is visiting for the Louisville game. Watch his film and tell me your thoughts.

Malik Brooks on Hudl

Last edited:
Only had time to watch the first few minutes right now. The two defensive plays (especially the 1st one) impressed me the most because of the effort. He was almost "inactive" in the play because he was on the other side of the field holding his assignment.

Money - you can probably answer this the best, he clearly has the size, speed, and good hands but he's also playing against what appears to be some pretty small and inferior defenders.

i really hope they offer this kid . It wouldn't be the first time a stud from Buffalo slipped through the cracks. This kid has speed for days. He is truly a sleeper.

Only had time to watch the first few minutes right now. The two defensive plays (especially the 1st one) impressed me the most because of the effort. He was almost "inactive" in the play because he was on the other side of the field holding his assignment.

Money - you can probably answer this the best, he clearly has the size, speed, and good hands but he's also playing against what appears to be some pretty small and inferior defenders.
Watch more of his film when you get a chance. Competition is not good. I would have to hold that against him but that's why camps are important. He has the tools with his size, speed and hands. Now you would like to see if he can consistently get it done vs better players. That's something the staffs have to decide.

Last edited:
Sorry, I meant the Kinder kid who went to Pitt - WR, was a starter and then got hurt.

I just happened to come across this kid's film yesterday. This kid is legit. He is truly a hidden gem. I couldn't believe he doesn't have double digit offers. Maybe he got hurt his jr. year and didnt camp. I'm not sure but he's from lockport HS. l found out that he recently committed to Buffalo but SU has been monitoring him and he is visiting for the Louisville game. Watch his film and tell me your thoughts.

Malik Brooks on Hudl
It seems like he's come out of nowhere because he broke his leg and missed his junior year.

Watch more of his film when you get a chance. Competition is not good. I would have to hold that against him but that' why camps are important. He has the tools with his size, speed and hands. Now you would like to see if he can consistently get it done vs better players. That's something the staffs have to decide.
You're not lying. I had to double check to see if I had clicked on older JV footage. Some of those kids out there look like 8th graders.

Talent level of the opponents is definitely suspect but kid looks like he has all the tools. His ball instincts, hands and speed have nothing to do with his opponents and those all look pretty high end.

I hope we land him.

That one field was scary. It was adjacent to a power grid and a landfill.

Edit: I think it is Niagara Falls' field based on google maps.

I like the tools $... good athlete with great measurables. Physical at the point of attack and does a great job high pointing. Strong hands. Good first 3 steps.

Lot of things to work with.

Be interesting to monitor with the Nazir news. Not a bad alternative.

I do think he’ll need a year or two to develop, but, a high ceiling guy imo. If his 100M is legit his speed is absolutely fine.

I like the tools $... good athlete with great measurables. Physical at the point of attack and does a great job high pointing. Strong hands. Good first 3 steps.

Lot of things to work with.

Be interesting to monitor with the Nazir news. Not a bad alternative.

I do think he’ll need a year or two to develop, but, a high ceiling guy imo. If his 100M is legit his speed is absolutely fine.
good stuff.

Burnett replacement?
I’d be ok with it. Burnett will blow up and I wish him the best, would welcome him back arms wide open. However, this kid shows great instincts despite the lower level of competition. Always good to snag kids from buffalo too. That areas been hard to secure from pitt and psu.

This kid reminds me of a raw AET. Highpoints the ball and really elevates over the protection. Instincts to use your size like that are important.

Last edited: