Class of 2020 - WR Marc Britt (FL) | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2020 WR Marc Britt (FL)

Wow this kid is expected of greats things to come. He is high on SU and it looks like "Slick Nick" Monroe is his lead. stay on him and do our share of winning and show the Cuse love and I believe we will be up there with the big boys.

I don't understand wideouts that aren't lining up to play for us, but list other NE programs that don't really throw the ball.
I wonder the same thing.

You think it has anything to do with the huge stockpile of WR we seem to keep on the roster?

I mean that shouldn’t matter since we’ve had plenty of 1st and 2nd yr players make big impacts at WR N Johnson, Riley, Harris, Even Irv/Ish a few years ago when they were sophs

We have also shown that tenure doesn’t trump production (see Butler on offense and most of our defensive backfield)

I don't understand wideouts that aren't lining up to play for us, but list other NE programs that don't really throw the ball.

Penn State is understandable. They've had 3 WRs taken in the first 4 rounds the past 4 or 5 years: DaeSean Hamilton (TBD), A-Rob (who just got a big contract a year ago), and Godwin (who looks poised to be one of the top 20ish WRs in the NFL). Pitt had Tyler Boyd, but that's basically it. Syracuse hasn't had a WR drafted since Mike Williams back almost 10 years ago. That might change with Custis this year, but we'll see. At the end of the day, yes, we throw the ball a ton, but we don't have an NFL track record at all.

I agree with you totally. I hope TD proves to these wrs. that he is the real deal and it will change some of these guys final schools.

Penn State is understandable. They've had 3 WRs taken in the first 4 rounds the past 4 or 5 years: DaeSean Hamilton (TBD), A-Rob (who just got a big contract a year ago), and Godwin (who looks poised to be one of the top 20ish WRs in the NFL). Pitt had Tyler Boyd, but that's basically it. Syracuse hasn't had a WR drafted since Mike Williams back almost 10 years ago. That might change with Custis this year, but we'll see. At the end of the day, yes, we throw the ball a ton, but we don't have an NFL track record at all.
I think a lot of players want to make the NFL and we don’t have recent success with that. I think getting kids in the NFL will help us in recruiting as much as winning will
Eh, I can buy this.

If a kid like Etta Tawo or Erv or Ishmael can put up all-America numbers in this offense, a legitimate NFL caliber player would be unimaginable. He would break national records, and assure a first round selection.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom