Class of 2021 - WR Marvin Harrison Jr (PA) Committed to Ohio State/Declares for the Draft | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2021 WR Marvin Harrison Jr (PA) Committed to Ohio State/Declares for the Draft

Would have loved having Harrison here cuz of his game, really don't care about the legacy thing. No one should be surprised that a young man or woman for that matter wants to make their own name from a success standpoint. Good luck to him. He is going to be good.

As Rakim once told a women who turned him down, “You don’t really look good, I hope you have a bad day.”

Man. Three stud legacy recruits in the class of 2021, all of whom live within a four hour drive from campus, and I dont think we're getting even a sniff from any of them. Then you've goy Seven, an hour west, and he's looking to go to school another 2,700 miles away.

Other than just putting together 3-4 straight years of 9-10 win seasons (insert chicken/egg dilemma), I have no clue how this staff (school) is ever going to get over the hill with top shelf recruits?

Me.

There are so many reasons to choose a school, other than "My dad played there"

I don't want to root against him but I think we'd be the top option for him if he doesn't see the field there.

I'm going to say the chance of him ending up here if he hit the portal is about the same % as him coming here in the first place.

Marvin Sr. has never had the warm fuzzies for SU since he left. He’s no Floyd Little when it comes to love for school. Has Marv Sr. ever stepped foot on campus? Once? Twice? It’s no surprise that his son isn’t coming here.

Marvin Sr. has never had the warm fuzzies for SU since he left. He’s no Floyd Little when it comes to love for school. Has Marv Sr. ever stepped foot on campus? Once? Twice? It’s no surprise that his son isn’t coming here.
He brought Marvin Jr. to a game about two years ago I think.

I’d be surprised if he even knows where his dad went to school.

I’d be surprised if his dad knows where he went to school.
I met him a few times in school, eating at Goldstein. He is as quiet as everyone says. If junior didn’t know, it’s because he probably couldn’t hear senior. Nice enough to me, but knowing what we “know” now, I’m sure glad I never crossed him.

How do you not land Marvin's kid? Recruiting. Needs to get better.

I don't think I said anything unreasonable.

No, just very ignorant and ill-informed.

Marvin Harrison was a great player for us, and went on to an amazing Pro career.

However, for whatever reason(s) - he has nearly zero affinity or affection for Syracuse.

IIRC, he made almost no mention of Syracuse in his HOF induction speech.
And the only times he’s ever visited, were as a guest of KJ.

Oh, and - except for 1 season, last year - we’ve pretty much sucked for the entirety of his son’s existence.

So, why would we have had any chance at having his kid play here?

If I was legacy and had the chance to go to any school I could to play football it wouldn’t be Syracuse. That’s just being honest and I’m a cuse fan.

No, just very ignorant and ill-informed.

Marvin Harrison was a great player for us, and went on to an amazing Pro career.

However, for whatever reason(s) - he has nearly zero affinity or affection for Syracuse.

IIRC, he made almost no mention of Syracuse in his HOF induction speech.
And the only times he’s ever visited, were as a guest of KJ.

Oh, and - except for 1 season, last year - we’ve pretty much sucked for the entirety of his son’s existence.

So, why would we have had any chance at having his kid play here?
The guy was a legend here sorry for thinking we had a shot to get his son.

As much as I want to be mad i can't say i blame him. It's tough to compete with what places like tOSU and Penn St have to offer. Did you see the "white out" last weekend? Who wouldn't want to play for perennial top 15 or better programs.

The guy was a legend here sorry for thinking we had a shot to get his son.

Uh no. Saying "How do you not land his son?" is not thinking we had a shot. It's expecting that we land him.

If you are completely ignorant of MH's relationship with the university since he graduated then I can understand being disappointed. But this isn't a Kevin Johnson Jr. type situation where the kid clearly revered being given the opportunity to play where his Dad played.

As much as I want to be mad i can't say i blame him. It's tough to compete with what places like tOSU and Penn St have to offer. Did you see the "white out" last weekend? Who wouldn't want to play for perennial top 15 or better programs.
I am mad, but only that we can’t do it any more. IIRC we got Marvin because he was looking for a program to take over the top. Nowadays it seems tougher to imagine a team one or two players short of being a potential winner. Now seems more have and have not. It can be done, but we’re not there yet, and we haven’t been for a while.

Uh no. Saying "How do you not land his son?" is not thinking we had a shot. It's expecting that we land him.

If you are completely ignorant of MH's relationship with the university since he graduated then I can understand being disappointed. But this isn't a Kevin Johnson Jr. type situation where the kid clearly revered being given the opportunity to play where his Dad played.
I don't talk to Marvin on a weekly basis.

I am mad, but only that we can’t do it any more. IIRC we got Marvin because he was looking for a program to take over the top. Nowadays it seems tougher to imagine a team one or two players short of being a potential winner. Now seems more have and have not. It can be done, but we’re not there yet, and we haven’t been for a while.

Yep, it's the same 7 or 8 teams in contention for the playoffs every year. This season has really taken a lot out of me. I thought the 1 major equalizer that could help a "have not" elevate itself is coaching. I'm not any less sold on Babers being the answer, and the man we need here at Syracuse, but this season has shown that it will be harder than i expected (hoped) it would be.