Class of 2019 - DB Myles Farmer (GA) TRANSFERRING FROM NEBRASKA TO SYRACUSE (8/13/23) | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2019 DB Myles Farmer (GA) TRANSFERRING FROM NEBRASKA TO SYRACUSE (8/13/23)

That was his 2nd violation since Rhule arrived though; the 1st was a DUI, which is far from minor. Winning is more important, and this kid is bigger/better than other safety alternatives, I guess. But, have that feeling of another Dino Babers bad judgment potentially; a la, hiring your son-in-law's father to coach quarterbacks, or bringing Taj Harris to ACC Media Days.
Let’s hope this is a similar situation to Alton Robinson’s. The kid made some dumb mistakes, but has learned his lesson. I hope he stays out of trouble and gets his Masters Degree and goes to the NFL.

Athlon had him 4th team preseason all B1G.

His best 100m in HS was 11.89. Good, not great speed. Evaluations from HS lauded his pass coverage abilities. It will be tough for him to adjust quickly to a new team but yes, it has to help that he spent the spring working in the 3-3-5.

He will probably be cross trained in a couple of safety positions.. Probably will be Barron’s backup at rover but Barron is only a junior. There might not be a window for him to play there. Guessing he ends up at boundary safety. Simmons is a senior. They could split playing time time this season and he could take over next year.

Guys like Martin, Oliver, Seabourn, Folk and Gould are all also fighting for playing time at safety and it is going to be a war just to win a spot on the two deep.

Anyone have any idea what players are playing what positions in the safety group right now?

Is Seabourn playing rover?

Is Martin playing free safety?

Is Oliver playing rover too? He was at one point last season…..
One thing we have learned, can't have enough depth. Guys get hurt.

Last edited:
This makes me feel much better about DB depth. I did not like the obscure JUCO adds but now those are just money in the bank if they actually develop. This kid looks legit and like he’ll challenge for a starting role this year.

That was his 2nd violation since Rhule arrived though; the 1st was a DUI, which is far from minor. Winning is more important, and this kid is bigger/better than other safety alternatives, I guess. But, have that feeling of another Dino Babers bad judgment potentially; a la, hiring your son-in-law's father to coach quarterbacks, or bringing Taj Harris to ACC Media Days.
Or when he gave a knuckle head named Alton Robinson a second chance, and he parlayed it into an all acc defensive end, and got him drafted to Seattle, and got his life turned around?
These things cut both ways.

Or when he gave a knuckle head named Alton Robinson a second chance, and he parlayed it into an all acc defensive end, and got him drafted to Seattle, and got his life turned around?
These things cut both ways.
Me thinks military Dino lays the rules out on the table. I’m sure he has a one strike your done type of offer to him. I’m just guessing of course, but I get the sense that Dino doesn’t passively let these past issues go past him. They’re probably the first topics ironed out before offering.

Team got worn down 2nd half of the season. People wondered why there was a drop off. They are doing whatever it takes to have depth and be more prepared for the grind of the season. Clemson UNC FSU will be a tough stretch physically. You want to have fresher bodies going into the VT game.
Team always gets worn down. Depth has been the biggest issue in the Dino Era. You just wanna hold the fort and hope it's enough to finish strong, but yeah...those 3 early games will be a beast.

Last edited:
Just a heads up everybody. This site has an ignore feature. Very easy to use. Click on the poster's name and then click the ignore tab.
schitts-creek-obviously.gif

These Husker guys tell us a lot about Coach Fisher, they all followed him to the Hill and that says a lot to DB recruits that have SU on their list of schools.

I shared this back over the winter, when Fisher was initially hired.

I have a good friend who is a die-hard Nebraska fan. He was extremely disappointed to see Fisher depart, indicating that he'd improved the play of the secondary immensely after he began coaching at Nebraska.

He relayed a story from when Fisher first got hired there -- basically, he came in and told the incumbents that it was his job to recruit over everyone in the secondary room. And it was their job to prevent the newcomers from taking their jobs.

Apparently, they also had a highly rated safety -- don't recall if he was a 5-star, or a 4-star -- who'd underachieved relative to the recruiting ranking. Fisher straightened him out, and I think he went on to be an impact player under his coaching. Kid might have gotten drafted last April, not really sure who it was.

But it was cool to hear those kind of stories. Looking forward to him keeping our secondary humming along, with NFL caliber play.

I shared this back over the winter, when Fisher was initially hired.

I have a good friend who is a die-hard Nebraska fan. He was extremely disappointed to see Fisher depart, indicating that he'd improved the play of the secondary immensely after he began coaching at Nebraska.

He relayed a story from when Fisher first got hired there -- basically, he came in and told the incumbents that it was his job to recruit over everyone in the secondary room. And it was their job to prevent the newcomers from taking their jobs.

Apparently, they also had a highly rated safety -- don't recall if he was a 5-star, or a 4-star -- who'd underachieved relative to the recruiting ranking. Fisher straightened him out, and I think he went on to be an impact player under his coaching. Kid might have gotten drafted last April, not really sure who it was.

But it was cool to hear those kind of stories. Looking forward to him keeping our secondary humming along, with NFL caliber play.

Maybe Cam Taylor-Britt? was a 2022 draft pick to the Bengals.

He will be starting by Purdue kid is a stud might be our best player in the secondary.
And if he isn't are you going to say he's been babered?

Sometimes with your predictions I feel that you and igor were separated at birth.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom